ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 17 April 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

ok man you really need to understand something. the internet is the largest bridge that has been built in human history. not only that, but it looks identical to the bridge that trolls dream of when they dream of troll heaven. do you really think restarting your thread is going to make people stop trolling you and do what you demand?

....thinks....was just called
Posted Image

....ooooooh....what did I just find in there? TASTY!

#22 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

I already love this thread so much.

#23 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 17 April 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

ok man you really need to understand something. the internet is the largest bridge that has been built in human history. not only that, but it looks identical to the bridge that trolls dream of when they dream of troll heaven.

That's kind of poetic

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 April 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

That's kind of poetic

`best trolls are life lessons trolls.

Something ol Vassago and crew never really understood (forcing ones biased agenda is NOT actually being helpful to the community as a whole)

#25 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 April 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

That's kind of poetic

thank you. i think the op still dont get it tho.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 17 April 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

thank you. i think the op still dont get it tho.

what's funny is how I totally agree with your cogent points on this thread, whilst utterly disagreeing with your premise on the "remove KDr" thread. Cuz people don't always have to agree. But if Roadbeer gets anymore orf a mancrush on you, we all gonna end up sitting around a campfire singing "kumbaya"

#27 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 April 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

what's funny is how I totally agree with your cogent points on this thread, whilst utterly disagreeing with your premise on the "remove KDr" thread. Cuz people don't always have to agree. But if Roadbeer gets anymore orf a mancrush on you, we all gonna end up sitting around a campfire singing "kumbaya"

ya i never understood why some people take it so personal when others dont agree with you on a certain subject, then resort to disagreeing with you on everything out of spite.

#28 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

So you guys are doing all of this becuase? I never said who can or who cant post. Im not telling you what to post, im just asking that you post withing the guidlines. Why are most of you being overly negative? i dont understand. So what this is the internet, behind the post are individuals more than capable of writing in that manner.

#29 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

We are here...

Posted Image

Any questions?

#30 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Did someone put something in the water?

#31 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 April 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

So you guys are doing all of this becuase? I never said who can or who cant post. Im not telling you what to post, im just asking that you post withing the guidlines. Why are most of you being overly negative? i dont understand. So what this is the internet, behind the post are individuals more than capable of writing in that manner.

I know how these goons can get when you go against the hive collective here, and the mods back them up because it's the only niche community they have left, but you kinda set yourself up for this one. While I think respectfully requesting your posting guidelines is perfectly reasonable keep in mind not many players are still around who played as early as 2010, so the ones who are going to chime in will be the most crusty of die-hard try-hards and most certainly not provide you with the data you're looking for. Best of luck until this thread sinks to the bottom of the ocean from all the poo being flung like the first did.

Cheers

#32 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

well if i wanted to write scientific research papers id go back to college and retake all of my courses. this is a vidoegame forum on the internet, posts should be short and to the point. if you really want i can spend some time and write my masterpiece for you called gone with the wind:mechwarrior online edition, but i doubt you would like it to much and the mods would most likely delete it in a heartbeat.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Part of this is your perception (remember that "perception = reality" comment?).

Very few posts here are being overtly negative. Many are pointing out the fallacy to your rational, something you can benefit from, or continue to feel victimized over. Are we trolling you? Yes, to be fair, there is a bit of that thrown in. But there are also quite a few good points and comments as to WHY you won't get the answers you want (as opposed to lockwoodx's laughable anti founder diatribe), is largely because of HOW you handled what you already had received, much of which DID fall under the umbrella of your guidelines. And yet, I don't see where you saved and posted those commenters posts, thus why should anyone take the time to spell out a lengthy and well thought out comment, when it is just as likely to be a victim of your next nuclear wipe?

Essentially, what we are saying is your response to the perceived slights, was akin to a country escalating to nuclear war because another country had an a ship get off course. Look at THAT first, and you will see the crux of your issue.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 17 April 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#34 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 17 April 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

well if i wanted to write scientific research papers id go back to college and retake all of my courses. this is a vidoegame forum on the internet, posts should be short and to the point. if you really want i can spend some time and write my masterpiece for you called gone with the wind:mechwarrior online edition, but i doubt you would like it to much and the mods would most likely delete it in a heartbeat.

no they wouldnt, i have seen worse post that are still here, look on the Ask the devs. if you dont feel like going back to college as you say then fine, but in response, i asked not to post if you couldnt.

#35 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 April 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Part of this is your perception (remember that "perception = reality" comment?).

Very few posts here are being overtly negative. Many are pointing out the fallacy to your rational, something you can benefit from, or continue to feel victimized over. Are we trolling you? Yes, to be fair, there is a bit of that thrown in. But there are also quite a few good points and comments as to WHY you won't get the answers you want (as opposed to lockwoodx's laughable anti founder diatribe), is largely because of HOW you handled what you already had received, much of which DID fall under the umbrella of your guidelines. And yet, I don't see where you saved and posted those commenters posts, thus why should anyone take the time to spell out a lengthy and well thought out comment, when it is just as likely to be a victim of your next nuclear wipe?

Essentially, what we are saying is your response to the perceived slights, was akin to a country escalating to nuclear war because another country had an a ship get off course. Look at THAT first, and you will see the crux of your issue.

im not percieving anything other than what i am reading.

I do want desired results, that is true. If it means you writing what i want you try to write then no. I am not telling you exactly what to write, I want to hear your words. I do want you to follow the guidelines, and whatever you write inbweteen is whatever you want them to be. Why would you click my topic, read the OP and then ask yourself do i want to write what it is asking or not. If the question is yes then by all means, write like your in college; If the answer is no then move on and dont answer.

Bishop i dont know why you attack me, there is no fallacy in what i ask. Fallacy is made in an argument, so i dont want to belittle you but learn your definitions. Im not asking for an argument, to prove something

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 17 April 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Life lesson missed.

Sadly, not surprised.

#37 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

In short, don't tell people how to respond to your thread, delete the first thread because the posts didn't meet your criteria, start over by calling people children for not posting the way you want, then expect to not have your thread trashed.

You show contempt for the Forumites, they will respond in kind.

#38 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 April 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

no they wouldnt, i have seen worse post that are still here, look on the Ask the devs. if you dont feel like going back to college as you say then fine, but in response, i asked not to post if you couldnt.

I can tell you, I will rarely write up a tidy report for something as foolish as a forum post on a game. Especially for someone else who can't seem to handle things well, and then might delete my "hours" of typing work for his benefit. (And I'm even well known for being a large post typer, with some rambling included.)

You seem, from what little I'm reading in this thread, to not realize you can report people for being off topic in your thread. Once you report them, ignore their post and don't react to it. Best way to deal with the problems I am hearing you were having. Deleting the whole thread (with some people's long written posts and hours of possible work) is a little overkill.

So far, what I am seeing here, and what little pieces I'm getting from other posters I know well from the forums, it sounds like you keep getting what you are asking. And by asking, I don't just mean what you are dictating in your original post... if you know what I mean.

(I've seen far worse posts than what I'm seeing here in other threads. I dealt with one person who was being far worse than anything you've yet seen in this tread, in the Catch of the Day announcement thread. I reported that person after trying to reason with him. All his posts (but his first one) ended up getting deleted. That's how you handle people who are off the topic or being rude.)

#39 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 April 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

In short, don't tell people how to respond to your thread, delete the first thread because the posts didn't meet your criteria, start over by calling people children for not posting the way you want, then expect to not have your thread trashed.

You show contempt for the Forumites, they will respond in kind.

Im not telling people what to write, just write within the criteria, whatever words you want to use then go ahead. Furthermore, i said if you dont want to then dont. IF you dont want to write long then you do not have to. once again Im not making you write anything you dont want to.

View PostTesunie, on 17 April 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

I can tell you, I will rarely write up a tidy report for something as foolish as a forum post on a game. Especially for someone else who can't seem to handle things well, and then might delete my "hours" of typing work for his benefit. (And I'm even well known for being a large post typer, with some rambling included.)

You seem, from what little I'm reading in this thread, to not realize you can report people for being off topic in your thread. Once you report them, ignore their post and don't react to it. Best way to deal with the problems I am hearing you were having. Deleting the whole thread (with some people's long written posts and hours of possible work) is a little overkill.

So far, what I am seeing here, and what little pieces I'm getting from other posters I know well from the forums, it sounds like you keep getting what you are asking. And by asking, I don't just mean what you are dictating in your original post... if you know what I mean.

(I've seen far worse posts than what I'm seeing here in other threads. I dealt with one person who was being far worse than anything you've yet seen in this tread, in the Catch of the Day announcement thread. I reported that person after trying to reason with him. All his posts (but his first one) ended up getting deleted. That's how you handle people who are off the topic or being rude.)

I see what your saying. foolish was I, i will not delete the thread and hopefully someone will write the criteria. Thank you, i have done an injustice to those that attempted. I feel bad now. From time to time again i will make links possible in other threads and write the words "please read the OP". I know as threads go on people tend to respond to the latter pages and not the topic. This was for me, and for those who share my yearning for a good read. Nothing i love more than reading well structured and organized thoughts put done into well made paragraphs. I did say if there ever was one i would save it and repost but so far besides a few(which were half but not full) there were not many who complied. Rather turned it into something unnecissary. Is it wrong for someone to ask you something and you respond in kind?

What i dont what is the thread to become filled with conversation. Dont get me wrong, convo is good, but i would like it too where if somone did click the thread they would be able to just read people paragraphs. filled with consructive writing and whatever they wish it to be but just withing reason(the guidelines).

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 17 April 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#40 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 April 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

I see what your saying. foolish was I, i will not delete the thread and hopefully someone will write the criteria. Thank you, i have done an injustice to those that attempted. I feel bad now. From time to time again i will make links possible in other threads and write the words "please read the OP". I know as threads go on people tend to respond to the latter pages and not the topic.

However, that is the nature of any forum thread. I find, as a thread creator, once you make the thread you have to let it grow and develop on its own. You can help to direct, or redirect, the topic as it goes, but it's going to expand and change over time. Let people discuss (within reason) their opinions. Let people recall events, and then have others chime in with their experiences during that time. (Ex: If I was to mention the "second LRMagadon" when the Jagermech was released, and how that was the only time I stopped running LRMs, and was testing the Jagermech, and someone responds about their take on that time, let it happen. It's only going to expand the overall understanding of that event from different points of view!)

When someone does something completely out of topic (even the current evolved topic), try to bring them into the discussion. If that fails (they continue to rant off topic), report their posts and ask the dev to remove the off topic posts from the thread.

Basically, any topic on a forum will evolve and change. It will grow and open dialogues. Any topic that doesn't present a point of conversation normally quickly dies. Your current request is hard for people to fill, as it doesn't have any real direction for the topic. Personally, if I was to start a topic like this, I'd open up with a similar request line, and then dive into my personal experiences and opinions on the development stages of the game from my perspective. This gives people something to talk about. Something to relate to. This opens the conversation to grow, giving it a starting point.

The way you currently have the topic opened up as, it will be hard to get going, and even harder to keep going. It's too broad at the moment, with nothing to 'bait' people into the conversation. Nothing is there to get the topic started/conversation going.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users