Animate Mechs When Turning In The Mech Lab

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see turning animations for mechs in the mech lab? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see turning animations for mechs in the mech lab?

1. Yes (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

It's not a huge thing, but I'd love to see the mechs play their turning animations when you rotate them in the mech lab. Right now they spin like they're on turntables, and that doesn't look bad per se, but they'd look a lot more 'alive' if they played their turning animations while doing it.

#2 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

Honestly, I believe that they should not seem alive, as the entire point of the 'Mech lab is to render them inert to allow modifications. You would scare the crap out of some techs if you turned it around during maintenance, quiaff?

#3 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

View Post101011, on 17 April 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Honestly, I believe that they should not seem alive, as the entire point of the 'Mech lab is to render them inert to allow modifications. You would scare the crap out of some techs if you turned it around during maintenance, quiaff?

While that is fair, I think a mech rotating in place would scare a tech pretty badly too (they don't breed 'em like they used to!).
And sure, they'd be still while being modified, but maybe they shouldn't be in the 'ready' stance like they are now then, surely the shutdown pose would be more appropriate? Having the animations play would be better to display the mech, which seems to be the current function of that view.

#4 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, I guess I can see how this would be a cool thing. Personally, though, I would prefer them to be shut down.

#5 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Immersion: Shutdown and surrounded my gantries.
Coolness: Powered up and turns
Now: powered up and.... mech?

Might hard to implement depending on how they did the current arrangement.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

'Mechs in the Mech Lab are basically like us going to a car show where the manufacturer does their best to make the cars look cool, including putting them on turntables. The only thing we're missing is having hot chicks standing around smiling and posing.

So, no to the 'Mech being 'alive' in the Mech Lab.

#7 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'd rather just be able to walk around the hanger in first person, would help get an idea of how large the mech really is!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users