Using Mwo Assets In Blender: Training Series Complete!

3D Art Video

4 replies to this topic

#1 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Finally finished my third of three training videos on how to use the MWO art assets in Blender. This last video contains information on how to rig and animate a mech. Not much on the animation since the rigging portion took a long time (far longer than it actually takes to rig a mech), but I'll probably end up making a part 3 supplement that discusses how to do some practical animations in the near future.

As always, AMA about the process or if you have any questions about Blender, MWO, puppies, making videos (G to XXX), gold mechs, or... well, it's an AMA so ask away!

https://www.youtube....GKeU_LBODtkh29b

#2 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for you continued work in this area, Heffay!

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

i'm sure there's a lot of people that have picked up blender lately just because of the trainin' vids, really nice work there! :)

#4 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Definitely going to check this out. I teach a beginners animation class and it would be pretty wicked to have them move some mechs around just for fun.

#5 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostSagamore, on 17 April 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Definitely going to check this out. I teach a beginners animation class and it would be pretty wicked to have them move some mechs around just for fun.

That would be awesome! I'm nervous about professional eyes looking at this, as you're going to cringe at some of the rank amateur things I say and do in these videos. Half the terms I use are probably wrong, and since it's Blender, there are a dozen easier ways to do the things I did that I don't know about.

Where do you teach?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users