Disconnect Kills

5 replies to this topic

Poll: No points for abandoned mech kills (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think abandoned mech kills should be nerfed?

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

If the player was dropped by the server, should his kill/death ratio be locked for that match?

1. Yes (2 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Should players who voluntarily disconnect be penalized?

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

I don't think it is proper to allow players in a match to get credit for damage or 'kills' of a dropped mech when the player was disconnected by the server.
Since UI 2.0, this happens a lot more than before.

The unfortunate 'dropped connection' player not only looses an opportunity to participate in the match, they also have to wait until the match is over to recover their mech and modules.
And to put icing on the cake, they have to suffer the indignity of having lost points on their kill/death ratio.

And, also, where is the sport in shooting a lame duck target?

***I would like to recommend that the developers 'nerf' any points or kills on a pilot-less mech.

(however, it would be fitting to provide penalty points against a pilot who purposefully disconnects and puts his/her team at a disadvantage)

It will be interesting to see the comments of people who oppose this modification.
I am curious about the logic they may attempt to use in defense of 'lame duck' kills.
(also good to know which players just love the 'fish in a barrel' points)

#2 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

I am all for removing kills associated with disconnects, and my justification is that on several occasions entirely winnable games have been lost becuase several people on my team have broken off from the main group and gone hunting for disco's effectively leaving the team im on 2 - 4 down and resulting in a rofl stomp. After I'm dead and i start writing in the team chat asking what the heck these guys are doing, they cam back and said worsd to the effect that kills come before the team and preserving their KDR above all else

Having kills for disco is like having kills for those pilotless mechs in training grounds

#3 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

I agree that players should not be credited for kills/assists/damage on disconnected mechs, but ...

I strongly disagree that a disconnected mech shouldn't be punished with death and get his mech out of game right away. This is easy to abuse, when you see your team losing you pull the plug and drop into another game right away. Plus, all the c-bills disco-farmers.

It is your problem if you disconnect really, unfortunate, but you man up and take all the penalties.

#4 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 17 April 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

It is your problem if you disconnect really, unfortunate, but you man up and take all the penalties.

If the server throws you off, you shouldnt be penalised for it

If you intentionally disconnect because your team is losing, then that's a different story

#5 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostFatYak, on 17 April 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

If the server throws you off, you shouldnt be penalised for it

99% times 'disconnected from server' is due to your internet connection issues. It might not be and most likely not your fault, but server does not magically decide to disconnect you. I've had major disconnect issues with my old ISP but since I changed it I'm yet to have a 'disconnected from server' in 7 months with nothing else changed in my PC specs.

As I said, this is unfortunate, but you have to man up and take the penalties. They aren't hurting you in any way.

#6 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:40 AM

I am closing this thread down, as it includes the discussion of the violation of the griefing rules. Please recreate the thread without inciting such a discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users