128 replies to this topic

#1 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Rant? Why?
Because

How am I supposed to stay together with a team. When drop I get selected random noobs and have like 10 times in a row when we lose because they spread out thinking they can lonewolf 3 Atlas in a trial jenner.

I cant go social with people because I see everyone once or twice in my team and next day I am fighting them. Can't join a clan and practice team tactics.

How am I supposed to select the mech according to the map? Going with a laser boat into a vulcan pit? Who with a sane mind would do that? Going missile boat into the city? Stratedicaly selecting your mech? Nope, not in this game.

Meanwhile it is pay to win through and through. People load up their accounts with buckets of MC and buy all the stuff you need to win.

Then the physics of the weapons are a freaking joke.

After all, this game feels like a beta of a bad rework of the great mechwarrior series. I was playing MW3 for more than two years and I had gread fun there. Nothing what makes mechwarrior is possible here. Unfortunately its the only mechwarrior online game thats available...

Edited by miSs, 18 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.
Changed title to favor constructive discussion

#2 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Posted Image

Ah it must be Friday, thanks for the laugh.

I

#3 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostJherej, on 18 April 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Meanwhile it is pay to win through and through. People load up their accounts with buckets of MC and buy all the stuff you need to win.

Really? What stuff is that?

No, seriously, I want to know what one can buy with MC, but not with C-Bills, that one needs to win.

Or, more to the point, this is a call-out. I'm calling you out on this.

There is no mech in this game called 'Stuff'. No weapon called 'stuff'. No module called 'stuff'. There is no STUFF XL engine, no Double Stuff Sinks, no MC-only Stuff Cannons or 20-tube heat-seeking stuff missiles.

So, what STUFF can only be had for MC or cash and is needed in order to win?

#4 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

You love this game and you know it.

#5 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Aside from being quite the troll post, this is in the wrong place. Mod gods, please take this out of New Player Help.

#6 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

The only thing is (if you don't pay) that you have to wait longer for new mech designs or have to play longer to get your Cbills the "normal/standart" way without boost.

#7 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostLiGhtningFF13, on 18 April 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

The only thing is (if you don't pay) that you have to wait longer for new mech designs or have to play longer to get your Cbills the "normal/standart" way without boost.

Yup...so you're paying to reduce the grind...that's it, really.

#8 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Pay to Win? I actually kind of wish- I buy paint jobs and weird little knick-knacks for my cockpit..."must have" kind of stuff if you are me and like to drop hundreds or thousands of times in the same mech, but I don't think it really helps me win.

Skilling mechs up to master and having good team mates (clan or guild or whatever you call it in this game) is what really helps me win outside of my own piloting abilities. Give joining a clan/guild a try...there's really no downside to joining one.

#9 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

lol

Nice troll.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

#10 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 18 April 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Yup...so you're paying to reduce the grind...that's it, really.

I no where said that you can't get stuff grinding, but you can also pay for it. It's the same in all pay to win games where you can buy power with real world money.Non pay to win games have accessories for money only and you have to learn, practice and grind to earn player's strength.

Then, why can't I social in this game and find friends to play together? Teams are always random. If this game was more social, less people would lone wolf and clans could form and practice teamwork together. As it is normal. I totally don't get why teams and maps are selected randomly. Why not let the players create games and meet there for fair matches?

And no, this is not a troll post. It's from a former MW fan who's deeply dissapointed.
And if this post is in the wrong section I am sorry, just move it...

View PostPygar, on 18 April 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Skilling mechs up to master and having good team mates (clan or guild or whatever you call it in this game) is what really helps me win outside of my own piloting abilities. Give joining a clan/guild a try...there's really no downside to joining one.

How are you joining a guild when you always drop randomly into a team?

#11 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Posted Image

View PostJherej, on 18 April 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

I no where said that you can't get stuff grinding, but you can also pay for it. It's the same in all pay to win games where you can buy power with real world money.Non pay to win games have accessories for money only and you have to learn, practice and grind to earn player's strength.

This just shows that you spent about 5 minutes with this game.

Because you are a funny little troll, I'll try to respond in a non sarcastic way, although I'm laughing my ass off right now.

1. MC gives you the ability to buy A ) Hero Mechs B ) Premium time.
A ) gives you a unique variant, which is in no way better than a normal variant and gives you more C-Bills per match.
B ) gives you more C-Bills and more XP per match.

Both of these options do NOT improve player skill, a noob with a Hero Mech is still a noob.
You still have to learn the game, learn to aim, learn to spread damage, etc.

2. There is a pretty little button in your MechLab, where you can create a group to play with your friends.

Next time inform yourself before you attempt to rant.

Edited by Iqfish, 18 April 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#12 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostLiGhtningFF13, on 18 April 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Please correct me if I am misinterpreting your post.

This is a very similar way that many F2P games work. New players start with a predetermined "kit" based on their charachter selections and have to upgrade through a series of quests until they have sufficient rank/levels to advance. Many F2P games do not even allow PvP until players reach a certain rank to prevent griefing. Players can purchase several items that allow for XP bonuses, better equipment, or other buffs. The difference with MWO is there is no character class, there are no quests, there is only the PvP environment. Saying that this game sucks based on losing as a new player is not very sporting. Losing sucks, I agree. Taking my CPLT-C1 into River City, time to change tactics. HBK-4P in Terra Therma, time to change tactics. Have my LCT on Alpine, time to change tactics. Learn from the loss, spectate, see where others are making decisions that end up with them smoking wreckage. Do not replicate poor decisions. Learn the mechs, learn what you like and how you like to play. I had a bad run the other night, five games under 100 damage, back to back to back. It happens, my K/D is terrible, but hey I have fun still. Big thing, don't be a troll, if you have specific complaints, express why you feel that way and come up with solutions.

May the bell-curve be in your favor.

A lot of the things you are bringing up are upcoming features for Community Warfare. You can join a faction, several groups have websites, Teamspeak clients, and even host training events for lances. The Steiner group is actually always hosting something.

Edit: For additional posts coming in as I was writing.

Edited by Danghen Woolf, 18 April 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#13 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

You could have lifted a finger and found a team with like 10 minutes of work......

#14 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

I think the graphics in this game are horrible. I wish they'd implement the graphics of the original Mechwarrior:

Posted Image

pew-pew-pew!

#15 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

Then, why can't I social in this game and find friends to play together? Teams are always random. If this game was more social, less people would lone wolf and clans could form and practice teamwork together. As it is normal. I totally don't get why teams and maps are selected randomly. Why not let the players create games and meet there for fair matches?

And no, this is not a troll post. It's from a former MW fan who's deeply dissapointed.
And if this post is in the wrong section I am sorry, just move it...

At the bottom right of your screen is the social tab - click that and you can add people in game and talk to them.

Private lobbies are coming out next patch.

You can use websites like MWOLobby to drop with people. The devs are currently looking into implementing that further into the game.

#16 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

The mechs and equipment you pay MC for are the exact same ones you buy with the C-Bills you've been through the grind for, except hero mechs, which are notably deficient in several categories compared to their c-bill variants.

You're still wrong.

If you want to find a group, try here.

Or here.

Or here.

There are lots of groups.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 18 April 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#17 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

In before K-Town

You clearly haven't tried hard enough.

#18 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 18 April 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

You can use websites like MWOLobby to drop with people. The devs are currently looking into implementing that further into the game.

That's probably the reason why I said it feels like a sorry beta.

#19 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

Sorry you're not enjoying the game, Jherej. If you're tired of "noobs" who wander off and die, leaving you to be rolled then you should find people to group up with. If you not willing to put in the effort to meet people thats fine. But you should not expect the game to feed you wins because you're not willing to do the things necessary to improve your chances of winning.

Also, pay to win means you can buy an advantage over non paying players. In this game there are two things you must buy with real money. Mechbays, which do not provide any kind of in game advantage and hero mechs. And the only advantage hero mechs give you in unique hard points.The most extreme example of a hero mech being better than the C-bill variants is only superior because the hard points are in a slightly different location.

Edited by Rouken, 18 April 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#20 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 18 April 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

The mechs and equipment you pay MC for are the exact same ones you buy with the C-Bills you've been through the grind for, except hero mechs, which are notably deficient in several categories compared to their c-bill variants.

You are totally not getting what I said. Pay to win means that you can buy power you otherwise had to earn by playing. Starting in noob league and working upwards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users