The (Un-)Official Mechcommander 2 Thread!

99 replies to this topic

#81 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

Working on my new MC2 X campaign. Just taking a while. Hopefully it'll be done by August or so.

#82 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Random question that you may or may not know the answer to. I cannot get MCG or MC2 to run on my rig. I can install them but in the case of MCG it freezes once it opens and then with MC2 it just gives error messages. Does anyone have any solutions so I can still play these old classics? Or should I just pray that someday they will get put on GoG?

#83 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 06 May 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Random question that you may or may not know the answer to. I cannot get MCG or MC2 to run on my rig. I can install them but in the case of MCG it freezes once it opens and then with MC2 it just gives error messages. Does anyone have any solutions so I can still play these old classics? Or should I just pray that someday they will get put on GoG?
  • OS Version?
  • Do you have the Visual Redist. packages installed?
  • XNA Build?
  • Video Card and drivers?

#84 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 06 May 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

• OS Version?
  • Do you have the Visual Redist. packages installed?
  • XNA Build?
  • Video Card and drivers?

Running Windows 7 64 bit version which is what screws MCG apparently.

Just tried reinstalling MC2 to try the redistrub packs and for whatever reason it worked this time... still wish I could play MCG as it was such a childhood favorite. Might try to get it running on an old junker still running xp.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 10 May 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#85 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 10 May 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Running Windows 7 64 bit version which is what screws MCG apparently.

Just tried reinstalling MC2 to try the redistrub packs and for whatever reason it worked this time... still wish I could play MCG as it was such a childhood favorite. Might try to get it running on an old junker still running xp.

Strange, I run a 64 bit OS and it works. It may automatically run it in 32 bit mode.

#86 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 10 May 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Strange, I run a 64 bit OS and it works. It may automatically run it in 32 bit mode.

Yeah as soon as I try to run the installation it gives me an error message. C'est la vie. Might even wipe my old mac book that never gets used and just install xp if I have to.

Thanks for trying though! I appreciate it!

#87 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

I'd just like to ask if the links at the start of this don't have any viruses. The last time I tried downloading MC from Microsoft even, I got a virus... And the same thing for the MW4 free release. It got corrupted one day, I found it on MSs website and AVG said it was a trojan. But it's MC2 that I'm really after, MW4 definitely wasn't my favourite game and if GameStand.net linked to MechCommander.com.uk works than I hope I can play it again. Please, could someone clarify this for me? :(

Edited by Zephonarch II, 11 May 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#88 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostZephonarch II, on 11 May 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

I'd just like to ask if the links at the start of this don't have any viruses. The last time I tried downloading MC from Microsoft even, I got a virus... And the same thing for the MW4 free release. It got corrupted one day, I found it on MSs website and AVG said it was a trojan. But it's MC2 that I'm really after, MW4 definitely wasn't my favourite game and if GameStand.net linked to MechCommander.com.uk works than I hope I can play it again. Please, could someone clarify this for me? :(

Avast! reported nothing from these links when I downloaded, so you should be OK. AVG is paranoid (I've used it as well), but you should be OK. The Wolfman-X website is considered suspicious, but it is malware free as of my last check. VisRedist and XNA should be okay.

Also, I just noticed my source code link was broken and non-HTTPS. Fixed that too.

#89 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 12 May 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Avast! reported nothing from these links when I downloaded, so you should be OK. AVG is paranoid (I've used it as well), but you should be OK. The Wolfman-X website is considered suspicious, but it is malware free as of my last check. VisRedist and XNA should be okay.

Also, I just noticed my source code link was broken and non-HTTPS. Fixed that too.

I'm unzipping it now. And thanks, most of the comments are positive about this specific link so going on a whim and trusting you guys. I'll edit this in a second when it's done.

edit: yep it works. But my fps are awful. Just like old times.Thanks guys. :)

Edited by Zephonarch II, 12 May 2015 - 02:27 PM.

#90 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

Going to try and download MCO and see what's up with that. Tried getting the Source from Microsoft but didn't have any luck in getting the download to work, so figured I'd see what's goin' with this mod. I remember playing MC:2. Fun game, It's cool to see that there are others out there who agree, so much so to make a standalone game using the source of MC:2

Edited by CancersCincar, 09 June 2015 - 01:38 AM.

#91 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

Hey guys, 3 days before Warlords of the Rim Colonies gets released. Most updated version of MC2X atm and seems it will have tons of interesting features, like vehicle repair, paying your own resources to the resource points, etc.

http://www.moddb.com...he-rim-colonies

#92 BLACKJACK13

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Need some help, I have tried all the ways to get mech commander 2 to run but It just doesn't want to work, I'm running windows 10 now too.

#93 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

I cant get the thing to work so it just sits on my computer

#94 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

Let me revive this thread for a question. :)

I thought: Well, MC1 I replayed several years ago and enjoyed it, so why not do MC2 now. And since there is some profit to be had from the code being open for 10 years now, I preferred a fan-improved version.
So I downloaded and ran an installation file from here
http://www.moddb.com...fman-mc2x-cve-g

By luck I even managed to click on the portrait line on top of the main menu to find out that it leads to the actual campaign I was looking for. ^^
But what is the test mission campaign, and what is about the other two fan-made campaign available there?
Does one have to install an entire stand-alone game for each of them instead of including them in one?
And: After clicking the campaign, there were audio news pieces to introduce into the game's political situation. And they had no video image, the "screen" was filled with the MC2X logo. Is this as it's supposed to be?

#95 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:43 AM

Oh, and one more question:
Is there a heat system in this game?
I mean, is the heat just some limit during the Mech's assembling, or is there actually a difference between 30 heat every 3 seconds and 30 heat every 7 seconds (disallowing the former one to use his full DPS)?

#96 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:22 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 28 September 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

I cant get the thing to work so it just sits on my computer

Right clicking on icon -> run in windows98 compatibility mode, might help.

View PostKuaron, on 15 October 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

1. But what is the test mission campaign, and what is about the other two fan-made campaign available there?
2. Does one have to install an entire stand-alone game for each of them instead of including them in one?
3. And: After clicking the campaign, there were audio news pieces to introduce into the game's political situation. And they had no video image, the "screen" was filled with the MC2X logo. Is this as it's supposed to be?

1. Duno I never tried test missions or fan made content.
2. Same as above.
3. The freeware version of the game has video cutscenes containing actors stripped out which sucks since those were some of the best parts.

View PostKuaron, on 16 October 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

Oh, and one more question:
Is there a heat system in this game?
I mean, is the heat just some limit during the Mech's assembling, or is there actually a difference between 30 heat every 3 seconds and 30 heat every 7 seconds (disallowing the former one to use his full DPS)?

I think when weapons are equipped there's a "heat" bar.

The higher the bar, the slower the rate your mechs will fire on the battlefield. They'll take time to cool down.

But to be honest its been awhile since I've played and I could be remembering wrong.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 16 October 2016 - 03:22 AM.

#97 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:45 AM

Thx so far.
The bar one sees in the mechlab could equally mean something like a heat average over 10 seconds, which would not effect the rate of fire since it would be already included.
That's why I'm asking.

#98 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

Oh, and concerning the videos:
I found them on Youtube now and watches as far as had played.
Lame but simple. :)

#99 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

SO I survived my first two years of college but now I need to reinstall all my stuff cause my tower computer broke. On a <great> laptop right now without a mic and it would probably suicide if I tried to play MWO on it, but we'll see.

Anyone manage to finish a campaign in the meanwhile? More of my content (lots of solo missions) coming SoonTM...

Edited by DavidHurricane, 19 June 2017 - 09:24 AM.

#100 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

Found this thread again. Would recommend Uprising and Omnitech Exodus/MW2 Mercs as a lot of things have changed at this point, such as health of pilots, repair costs, dropship repairing units, etc.

Heat system is really just a limit of how many weapons you can load onto the mech (practically a tonnage system rather than a heat system), as ballistics have low heat but high space requirements and energy have low space but high heat requirements.

Test missions come with the install, they're just one single mission campaigns that are there for you to screw around on with different scenarios. Some are from other older campaigns that wolfman made, others were stand-alones. If they're there then you don't have to do anything to install onto the installation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users