The (Un-)Official Mechcommander 2 Thread!

99 replies to this topic

#61 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Did anyone else download Starport and play through it? It's a pretty well-done mission.

#62 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

View Postluxebo, on 24 August 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Did anyone else download Starport and play through it? It's a pretty well-done mission.

No one really plays MC2.

#63 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hows about someone else uploads a mission? I'm getting bored with mine (since I made them they're easy... sometimes.

#64 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Guys, it's a good day, MC2X Revision 30 is released! Taking a look now, though that download will take a bit of time. I want to sooner or later find time to create a campaign on that basis and figure how to release missions (I'll get there, soon TM lol ;) ). But R30 is released to everyone who was awaiting it, and this allows plenty more functions. ;) Thank you Wolfman and congrats on your efforts!

#65 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

View Postluxebo, on 30 August 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

Guys, it's a good day, MC2X Revision 30 is released! Taking a look now, though that download will take a bit of time. I want to sooner or later find time to create a campaign on that basis and figure how to release missions (I'll get there, soon TM lol ;) ). But R30 is released to everyone who was awaiting it, and this allows plenty more functions. :o Thank you Wolfman and congrats on your efforts!

it's only showing me Revision 20/2 on his website (wolfman-x.net).

#66 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 31 August 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

it's only showing me Revision 20/2 on his website (wolfman-x.net).

http://z8.invisionfr...1347&st=0 Should be there. You're right, I can't find it via wolfman's original page. Moddb here too has it: http://www.moddb.com...he-rim-colonies

#67 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

Why don't you post a mission luxebo?

#68 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 04 September 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

Why don't you post a mission luxebo?

Ain't done quite yet. Will take a while to get a fully released version of any mission. Using R30 only, but sorta also waiting for patches/Warlords of the Rim Colonies before I go on my own trek of making something. Was planning something based on maps in MWO to be honest, but not sure how long that'll take me to do those. Quite long for sure.

#69 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Must... resist.... urge... to suggest... Mad Dragon II... Hero Mech...

#70 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 23 September 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Must... resist.... urge... to suggest... Mad Dragon II... Hero Mech...

Must happen! ECM + 10 energy slot Mad Dog pl0x PGI! (And a buff to flamers?)

#71 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:58 AM

View Postluxebo, on 28 September 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Must happen! ECM + 10 energy slot Mad Dog pl0x PGI! (And a buff to flamers?)

ECM + 10 Energy Hard Points. And special "Dragon Flamers" that launch balls of plasma instead of the cloud/puffs we get now.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 30 September 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#72 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

The Warhawk Brawler, Special, And Avenger

Closest Thing to a Warhawk Avenger

Ever have to fight that demon build titled the Warhawk Avenger? Now you can emulate it in MW:O with this build!

Closest thing to a Warhawk Special

Even without RACs and four ballistic hardpoints I can try!

Closest Thing to a Warhawk Brawler

This thing is truly scary.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 09 October 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#73 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

http://www.moddb.com...mander-omnitech

MCO is alive guys, and so far been good. :) Version 424 released, playing atm, it's good!

#74 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'll check it out. MCO's Solo play UI isn't too good for my though. Too many purchasing components.

#75 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

Quick updates on Warlords of the Rim Colonies and my plans on an MC2 campaign of MWO:
WoRC is gonna come out soon I believe next year (was delayed till 2015).

However CW did come out and I sorta promised to release a MC2 MWO campaign. I know it is the holiday season, but if you guys have some somewhat finished missions (I know DavidHurricane has a couple in the works), then release em if possible, would be cool to return to MC2X later on!

So... my plans are to make maps and missions on every map in MWO. I also think I can code each of the modes in a way or two. Time limits are easily set.
Skirmish is easy as I just have to set destroying all enemies as a primary objective.
Assault and Conquest are a bit more difficult due to the way capturing works in MC2 versus in MWO (MWO captures take forever, but MC2 is instant capture.) I think it's possible to code by making the ultimate goal to be to capture all 5 at once in Conquest (Some resource buildings or oil rigs). Assault has a mobile base similar to MWO's, so the primary is to capture that AND destroy all enemies (making it a bit more forced).
Attack and Defend, the only issues are that the gate gens are gonna be easy to break with lrms, so I have to figure a way around it somehow (either no lrm mechs, or something similar). The waves are gonna be forced into parts (like mission wave 1, mission wave 2, etc to show conquering of a planet). I could make it so that mechs can power up after they have been destroyed, but not gonna fulfill the 240 tonnage limit (too much numbers). But regardless I think it is codable to just force destroying some generators (and then the main gun itself) as a primary objective.

Now.. I am going to force variants/mechs/pilots for each mission, changing up the ability to do things. I will try to stick around MWO's system of variants (aka nothing hacked for anything, etc). No customization of own mech stuff though otherwise I will have to mess with purchase files. I will also stick to a max tonnage per mission per team. Keep in mind that weapons may not match, but I will try my best (i.e. only Rotary AC2s for an AC2 option, no proper LRM/SRM/SSRM options). Also which system (i.e. MCO or MC2X) should I base the campaign on? MCO has so many campaigns already set, and MC2X has a few per installation, so I think MC2X is the best bet (no vehicles except neutral background stuff). Now, soundtrack I can bring in older soundtracks of old MCG or MWs even #2, or I can use Wolfman's preset soundtracks.

I know a few people might ask which variants to use? I will likely use stock ones of different types and some special created ones similar to MWO's. IS mechs will have IS weapons, Clan mechs will have Clan weapons, and there will be a Clan and IS side on Attack and defend (only that mode). Will be listing mech chassis and mech builds to say which mechs have a representation in MC2X (Yes means there is the mech chassis, No means I will figure an alternate solution to that chassis):
IS mechs:
Locust: Yes.
Commando: Yes.
Spider: No, but I do have Anubis to replace the Spider with (just as fast, will build loadouts accordingly). Or I can use the Urbanmech ;).
Raven: Yes. --> ER LL Raven, AC20 Raven, Streak Raven.
Jenner: Yes. --> 6 ML Jenner.
Firestarter: Yes. --> 8 SPL Firestarter.
Panther: Yes.
Cicada: Yes.
Blackjack: Yes. --> AC20 Blackjack, 8 SPL Blackjack.
Vindicator: No, but I think Hellspawn is a good replacement.
Hunchback: Yes. --> AC20 Hunchback, 9 ML Hunchback.
Centurion: Yes. --> AC20 Centurion.
Trebuchet: No, I can use the normal Crab (not King), Starslayer, Uziel, Enfield, Enforcer. Most of these are direct fire mechs though, so I don't know, maybe the Uziel or Starslayer. --> Dual ALRM15 Trebuchet.
Enforcer: Yes.
Kintaro: No, I can use Men Shen, which I think is a pretty alright fit. --> 5xLRM5 boat Kintaro, 5xSSRM2 boat Kintaro.
Shadow Hawk: Yes. --> Old Poptart 2xAC5, 1xPPC Shadow Hawk, 3xER LL boat Shadow Hawk.
Griffin: No, and the best two options are to use the Men Shen again, or use the Bushwacker (Hacked JJs). --> 4xASRM6 Griffin. (Prob Bushwacker).
Wolverine: No, I can maybe use the Bushwacker or a 50 tonner, maybe Starslayer, Crab, or even Hellhound. (Prob Starslayer.) --> Wubverine (3xLPL, 2xML).
Dragon: Yes.
Quickdraw: No, I can use Argus, Champion, Black Hawk, but Champion is awful ugly, so my best bet is Argus (with hacked JJs).
Thunderbolt: Yes. --> 7xMPL Thunderbolt, 4xLPL Thunderbolt, 3xER PPC Thunderbolt.
Catapult: Yes. --> Splatcat, Streakcat, 6xLRM5s cat.
Jagermech: Yes. --> Gauss Jager, Boom Jager.
Cataphract: No. Will use Shootist, Avatar, Lao Hu, etc. (Prob Lao Hu, sounds like the best mech for all around ballistics and energy + JJs). --> Poptart 3D Phract, 4X Dakka variant Phract.
Grasshopper: No. Likely replacing with Intruder.
Orion: Yes.
Zues: Yes.
Victor: Yes. --> Dragon Slayer/Poptart Victor, Brawler Victor.
Awesome: Yes.
Stalker: Yes. --> SRM Boat Stalker, 6 LL Stalker, LRM Boat Stalker.
Battlemaster: Yes. --> MPL Battlemaster.
Highlander: Yes. --> Poptart Highlander.
Banshee: No. Replacing with Mauler or Sunder (Prob Sunder). --> 3xAC5 2xPPC Banshee.
Atlas: Yes. --> DDC Brawler Atlas.
King Crab: No. Will replace with Anhilator. --> Dual AC20 King Crab, Quad UAC5 King Crab, Gauss King Crab, Hexa AC2 King Crab.
Clan:
Mist Lynx: Yes.
Kit Fox: Yes. --> ER LL Kit Fox.
Adder: Yes.
Ice Ferret: Yes.
Nova: Yes. (Using Nova not Black Hawk KU model). --> 12 ER SL + 4 MGs Nova.
Stormcrow: Yes. --> Streakcrow, Splatcrow, Laser Vomit Crow, Gauss Vomit Crow.
Mad Dog: Yes. --> 6xLRM5 boat Mad Dog, Streak Mad Dog.
Hellbringer: Yes. --> Laser Vomit Hellbringer.
Summoner: Yes.
Timber Wolf: Yes. --> Laser Vomit Timber Wolf.
Gargoyle: Yes.
Warhawk: Yes.
Dire Wolf: Yes. --> 6xUAC5 boat Dire Wolf, Laser Vomit Dire Wolf, Gauss Vomit Dire Wolf.

Will figure more weapons/variants as I go on.

Overall, gonna be a long process, and I have to figure how to package everything well, how to make awesome terrain, and how to relearn some stuff in MC2X's editor (i.e. making variants).

#76 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

Busy making my own 41 mission campaign for Revision 20, so I'm tight on resources. You'll get a preview mission from the campaign soon.

#77 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 03 January 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

Busy making my own 41 mission campaign for Revision 20, so I'm tight on resources. You'll get a preview mission from the campaign soon.

Gotcha, though I think it's possible to port to Rev 30? I'll give it a try real quick. ;)

Edit: @DavidHurricane I think it is safe to copy the missions to a MC2X R30 setup (might have to iron some bugs out). I tried a few missions, it works wonders and has full access to MC2X's R30 stuff (new equipment, new features). Will suggest to port to there.

Edited by luxebo, 03 January 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#78 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Quick continuation of the above: So we have modes and mechs decided (sorta until maybe either more mechs and more modes).

Maps and issues that might happen in creation:
Forest Colony + Snow: tunnel, water, the ship and scale comparison, fog. (First missions likely).
River City + Night: tunnel under airport, bridges, water, fog/night time.
Caustic Valley: none that I see.
Frozen City + Night: tunnel, fog.
Tourmaline Desert: crystals, dropship ring and scale comparison.
Canyon Network: bridges, terrain height.
Alpine Peaks: none that I see.
Terra Therma: lava (really just water with a texture pack), terrain height.
Crimson Straits: water, terrain height, city and scale comparison.
HPG Manifold: basement/terrain height, HPG and scale comparison.
The Mining Collective: tunnels, fog and night.
Viridian Bog: fog and trees and scale comparison.
Boreal Vault: gate and scale comparison, dropship (prob Leopard variant), turrets.
Sulfurous Rift: gate and scale comparison, dropship (prob Leopard variant), turrets.

#79 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Where the heck does the game save my save files I cannot find them and when i look in the savegame folder there is nothing there.

#80 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 09 January 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Where the heck does the game save my save files I cannot find them and when i look in the savegame folder there is nothing there.

It should save exactly there.

Sorry to have bumped the thread since I just quickly saw this earlier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users