Overpayed

Contact Support

9 replies to this topic

#1 Graystone1

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'm writing this here in the forum because its been 3 hours now Since i sent in a support ticket and have had no (real) reply.
When purchasing 15 dollars worth of MC Credits today for the first time, apparently there was a site/browser error and the 99 dollar option was selected instead. Because I had no way of knowing that the 15 dollar option i clicked was not selected I completed the transaction.

I don't want this. I would like the transaction cancelled, these credits cleared from my account and the money returned to me. That way I can make my proper purchases to your fine company.
PS.
I still have the purchase ID, so if giving that would help, just ask for it.

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 18 April 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

...or you thought you clicked on the $15 package but didn't actually click on it.

You need to wait for a reply from Support. We cannot help you, and putting this thread here won't help you get Support sooner.

Three hours!?!? REALLY!?!? Nobody responds in that short a time. Hopefully they'll respond by the end of the day, but you might have to wait until Monday as there's always a queue for Support tickets.

#3 Graystone1

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

har har, as if the idea had not occurred to me.
No i definitely clicked it. I remember doing so very deliberately. Your response is appreciated; questioning the situation is not.
Actually a lot of businesses respond much faster.
The point of this thread was to bring the ticket to the attention of an employee faster. I guess you're saying that neither Piranha games, PGI, or IGP (cause I have no idea who handles transactions) actually watches this forum. Well that's good useful information in itself.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

A lot of general businesses might, but not companies that support many thousands of customers. I've done quite a few support requests from many companies, most of which involved monetary transactions. Not one of them responded in three hours.

If you have, you've been lucky. Most took over six hours for me.

Anyway...

Next time, make sure you pay attention to the screen that comes up after you choose which MC package you want to purchase and hit Buy Now. For credit card and Paypal purchases, it shows both the amount of MC you are purchasing as well as the amount you are paying.

The Ultimate Game Card and Moneybookers payment options don't show the MC you are purchasing, but they do show the total amount before you actually have to pay.

#5 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostGraystone1, on 18 April 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

har har, as if the idea had not occurred to me.
No i definitely clicked it. I remember doing so very deliberately. Your response is appreciated; questioning the situation is not.
Actually a lot of businesses respond much faster.
The point of this thread was to bring the ticket to the attention of an employee faster. I guess you're saying that neither Piranha games, PGI, or IGP (cause I have no idea who handles transactions) actually watches this forum. Well that's good useful information in itself.

PGI support is usually pretty good about responding within two business days. Also remember, this Sunday is Easter, so they may have Monday off.

Also, use the PayPal option, because PayPal will show you the total and make you confirm it a second time.

Edited by Ed Steele, 18 April 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#6 Graystone1

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

if someone could at least tell me if there is any policies in place regarding refunds or the absence of them that would be a big help.

#7 Not Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 688 posts
  • LocationThat one place

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

From everything I've read they are really good about helping people out. I haven't really heard anyone say anything bad about their customer support. A lot of people bought Hero mechs, and it turned out that they hated them, and were able to refund them with a ticket to their support. I think you're in good hands as soon as you shoot them an email.

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

3 hours, during Easter.

Patience.

#9 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

As a note: PGI support actually go home at night, have families and lives outside of the office. They will get back to you, but maybe not immediately; and given the way credit card transactions function you'll get charged and rebated no mater how fast or slow they are. So long as they don't overlap a billing window, it should not matter to you.

#10 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hey dude, you actually got a response from a PGI employee on the Forums. You should light a candle and say a little prayer of thanksgiving. That is how often that happens.

PGI's support staff should be able to help you. Especially if some glitch or mix up happened. Good luck and Happy Eastere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users