Cockpit Displays

7 replies to this topic

#1 MAU88

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hi guys :blink:

I'd just like to see some useful informations on the displays!!! They just don't show anything right now!
What do you think about it?

The mech status, map, and weapon data should appear on the displays , and not be part of the HUD! By using the free look option pilots could turn their heads and check every info they need!
Every cockpit would have a different feel and use( more than just a different look ) !
I think that would be awesome :(

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Stated a million times, still low priority for them.

Sorry, but this is how things work here

Welcome to the forums.

Edited by Iqfish, 18 April 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#3 Skyraxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

It's been a low priority for 2 years. Time they finally do something about it and add some more polish to the game.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

The HUD is for primary information. 'Mech status, weapons, and map are all primary.

The displays are for secondary information like heat sinks, ammo, and mission objectives. They will eventually be activated and work correctly.

If you don't know the lore, every MechWarrior wears a special helmet called a neurohelmet. This neurohelmet has an attached screen where the HUD is projected. So, every HUD is standardized, as it has nothing to do with what 'Mech you're in.

You want the map on a secondary screen, which most cockpits don't have in immediate view, so nobody knows where they are in relation to their buddies? No, that would most definitely not be awesome.

#5 MAU88

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the explanations guys ;)

#6 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

It's funny this is posted now- until this patch, the ammo and heatsink displays both worked correctly; now neither do. We're actually going backwards.

I just wish that the displays looked as good as they do following the 0:37 second mark in this video:

I don't even care if they're dynamic at this point. I just want them to not say no signal.

I mean, I also want the game to look as good as it does there again, and I want to be able to walk around the hangar to get a proper sense of scale like the trailer shows, but I would settle for half-working screens.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

...and I still wish they had corrected the "All Systems ... Online" line in that trailer. It just sounds so wrong.

But none of us ever gets all that we want.

#8 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Greetings all,

You are correct with wishing the ending response from "Betty" stated "all systems nominal" as it means something completely different from the "systems online" statement.

- Systems online, simply means the units/elements are on and being monitored
- Systems nominal, means the units/elements are operating within specified parameters.
(they could even be running hot, but still within the boundaries of operational safety.)

~ this is an aeronautical and later NASA term for an item operating within a set boundary status, it could explode at any time but currently it's within operational standards.
~ everyday use:
system online - I start my car, it's online.
System nominal - Engine warmed up and ready to go, nominal.

It is used in the MWO intro video for all the general public, most would not even know what Nominal means, but online they understand.

Note: The monitors in the video are shown as:
- Weapons Status
- Heat Threshold
- Actuators Function
- Ammunition Location Status
- Sensors Function
- Mission Kills
- Systems Overall Status
- Ammunition Transfer Status
- Heat Sink Status

Ref. the additional monitors;
PGI has stated the current displays text is only a placeholder, and as they have the time to get back into the mech's cockpits and work on these displays other info will appear there. The Pilots HUD items will always be there in front of him, these monitors will be used to display new info. We already have one of them switching between heatsinks and ammo storage locations, so additional info could be ether what is in the video or mission status, selected Mech status, or specific spec's on ground targets. Nothing has been released on what new info PGI is looking at bringing to there monitors.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 19 April 2014 - 07:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users