- - - - -

Just Joined, Can't Patch (Slow)

patch slow issue

12 replies to this topic

#1 Gleerok

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hi! I found this game while browsing IGN, thought I'd give it a try.

As I have just joined, obviously, I'm having to download a bucketload of patch data, but that is taking abnormally long. ETA has been 10 hours and sometimes more, of course, I'm downloading ~4000mb of data but thats still not normal AT all. I'm downloading around 0,03 mb second.

When I start the patcher ETA comes down to ~20~40 minutes but then goes up higher and higher until downloading becomes pointless.

Is this a recurring issue? What can I do about it?

#2 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

I would try the MWO Repair Tool. I have had problems in the past where a patch gets stuck completely and the repair tool fixed my issue.

You may also check firewall settings in windows, anti virus, modem, and/or the router to see if its being blocked.

Wish I could help more. We have a good community here so I'm sure someone will come along with a few more ideas :(

#3 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

I had the same problem earlier this year when I uninstalled and reinstalled. So I try to download at night or while at work.

This game does have a steppe learning curve, very steppe. after you die, and we all die watch from another mech and see how they play, but also see what other mechs can do. So when you buy your first mech you can have an idea of what you want it to do.

You can look at this as an opportunity to watch some action while downloading on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv...arrior%20Online

Also there are some open teamspeak sites that you can go to. There is a listing of open sites for teamspeak on one of the forum listings
http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/

I watched maybe for two or three weeks in November 2012 before I decided to play the game, and have enjoyed it since then.

Here is a listing by PGI for guide books that have been done, another surprise, well done PGI.
http://mwomercs.com/...uidestutorials/

Also do not listen to anything a player Koniving has to say. He will convince you that small lasers, and machine guns are viable, or some other crazy thing. Most of all, he will teach you to have fun, while playing this game, including the Rufapult, a 6 LRM 15 catapult, yes 90 LRMs at once. So here is his Youtube site
https://www.youtube....PS50av3PIY_H9Og

Then for some comic relief while waiting, you can watch this channel. https://www.youtube....mYXZxX0mt-cNQiA

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 18 April 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#4 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Welcome to MWO

If the patching problem persists, please mail support@mwomercs.com with details about your problem.

The following forums / threads are a good place to start for a new player if you're willing to go through them:-

New Player Help sub-forum specifically, go through the pinned threads
Guides & Strategies sub-forum
Smurfy's Mechlab - third party mechlab for testing builds, mech info, etc that you can use for experimentation without spending C-Bills / MC

If you need any further help, feel free to post. Plenty here will be willing to try to help.

#5 Gleerok

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostKaptain, on 18 April 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

I would try the MWO Repair Tool. I have had problems in the past where a patch gets stuck completely and the repair tool fixed my issue.

You may also check firewall settings in windows, anti virus, modem, and/or the router to see if its being blocked.

Wish I could help more. We have a good community here so I'm sure someone will come along with a few more ideas :(

Thanks, I'm running repair tool and it found a lot of stuff, which is pretty weird. It crashed twice so far but I ran it again and now its fixing file by file.

I checked my AV firewall and also unlocked netguard for MWO patcher's, firewall was not locking it. I don't think this was limiting its access to the internet but I unlocked it anyways, any ideas on how I can further check what might be limiting its access?

#6 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

There are routing/throttling issues that slow downloads to a crawl for certain users at certain times. I would recommend contacting support -- this has happened before, and they may be able to help directly.

#7 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostKaptain, on 18 April 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

Wish I could help more. We have a good community here so I'm sure someone will come along with a few more ideas ;)

Where do you find this repair tool?

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 19 April 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Where do you find this repair tool?

Here!

#9 Gleerok

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

I ran the MWO Repair tool a couple times (because it crashed trice) and when I went to patch the game it magically appeared as "Start game" instead of "Patch" haahahah. I played a couple times (and died a lot), but it seems some in-game textures (mechs) have not been loaded (they show up as white mechs). I'll run the repair tool again and see if that fixes. Other than that, I was able to start the game flawlessly, and without patching through the patcher o.o (?!)

#10 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

The repair tool downloads all missing files. When the game is not fully installed, that means all files -- literally the entire game.

#11 Gleerok

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

I can play the game but some textures are still missing lol. And the repair tool never finishes, it always crash after fixing a few files. Other than that I can play the game without issues, I guess I'll just fix it little by little despite the crashes.

Thanks everybody for the help!

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Long as it works (for now).

Hope it fixes itself with the next patch.

Textures missing from Frozen City I take it?

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

There are some texture and other bugs under DX11. Try DX9, maybe it will help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users