42 replies to this topic

#21 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostJosef Nader, on 19 April 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

The Stalker -still- packs more firepower, more crit space (no arm actuators help) and better hitboxes than any other assault. That's why they lack the extra module slot.

ahh, those arms are easy to loss so where the mystic comes from a better hit box is beyond me.
o and they are quite easy to hit from the sides, a lot more easy then the others of it's type.

#22 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostAbisha, on 19 April 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

ahh, those arms are easy to loss so where the mystic comes from a better hit box is beyond me.
o and they are quite easy to hit from the sides, a lot more easy then the others of it's type.

The hit-boxes come from the very narrow frontal CT - and the damage transfer mechanic.
After you lose a portion of your mech, and blows that land on the remaining hitbox transfer half damage to the next part inwards.

That means anyone shooting at a Stalker is only doing half the damage they could be more often than not.
The only other mechs that have that advantage are the Spider and Centurion and Shadowhawk- which you will notice, both have a reputation for being extremely tough for their weight class. (to the point of the Spider being "broken")

#23 Hillbillycrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

The only thing I don't like about the Stalkers is the trailer parkish chicken wire thingy's in the cockpit.

#24 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Why is it that every single Stalker variant has only 2 module slots when mastered?

No other mech type is like that, the few variants that do have as few slots as the stalker are rather, well... junky one shot ponies.

View PostHillbillycrow, on 19 April 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

The only thing I don't like about the Stalkers is the trailer parkish chicken wire thingy's in the cockpit.

Funny, that is what makes them a tiny bit realistic to me, but I am a Vet and going bet 'all in' you are not.

#25 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Its got extra weapons instead of the module slots.

and i really hope it gets left alone. It doenst need "improving" :)

#26 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Don't get me started on Modules... the JR7-F only has 2 fully mastered and it's woefully outclassed by many of the FS9's which get 3 mastered.

As for the stalker's hitboxes... if the pilot is smart, after I blow off a side torso, that's the only side he is going to give me. So my 30 damage alphas are doing only 15. In essence, I think a L2P tag fits here nicely.

#27 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

stalkers are still good, times have changed as weapons have grown hotter ontop of hotter and more need to climb maps issued after a serious climb nerf was issued but it's still potent in the right conditions/hands. JJ's have just found a huge boost as a necessity for travel and poptarting which is why the stalker isn't top anymore, mech such as the victor and highlander offer simillar armour values for mor manuavering ability or armour {banshee can boat and tank failry good too} so it's not tops. but it's not wide barn target like an awesome or a poor hardpoint spread like an atlas. stalkers are pretty balanced now.

Hillbillycrow said:

don't like - trailer parkish chicken wire.

irony.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 19 April 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#28 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

Stalker is one of the best assaults in game. Doesn't need anything in my opinion

#29 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 19 April 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

The hit-boxes come from the very narrow frontal CT - and the damage transfer mechanic.
After you lose a portion of your mech, and blows that land on the remaining hitbox transfer half damage to the next part inwards.

That means anyone shooting at a Stalker is only doing half the damage they could be more often than not.
The only other mechs that have that advantage are the Spider and Centurion and Shadowhawk- which you will notice, both have a reputation for being extremely tough for their weight class. (to the point of the Spider being "broken")

hmm now that you say that i makes sens, also i already thought the sipder was very hard to destroy for so a small mech.

#30 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostAbisha, on 19 April 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

hmm now that you say that i makes sens, also i already thought the sipder was very hard to destroy for so a small mech.

A portion of that is hitboxes - a portion was hitreg - but the hitreg was across all mechs equally - spiders just got noticed more because they had the hitboxes on top of it. :lol:

#31 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

JJ'ing stalker would be a EASY target.

Posted Image

#32 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

It's a boat. Looks like a boat, drives like a boat (barge variety) And most importantly, it IS a weapon boat. What it does not have in many departments. It makes up for by bringing a whole bunch of pain ingame.

#33 KAT Ayanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostAbisha, on 19 April 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

so where can one get a jetpack for them?.
i mean even atlas have them including ECM?. why is the stalker so punished?.

also a MC new design copit will not hurt, i kind of hate the designed copit of the stalker.
a nice copit like CPTL or CDA will be cool.

You just failed so hard my screen went blue.

Stalkers are one of the best mechs on the game. It takes hours to kill one. And they have great hitboxes and hard points.

No reason to change them.

Besides, who told you they have jumpjets?

LOL

#34 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Lol that picture

#35 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostKAT Ayanami, on 20 April 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

It takes hours to kill one.

Unless you are attacking from above or below - in which case it can take seconds - hitboxes are only really good in the front/sides.

From above or below it is almost entirely CT.

#36 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

The Stalker doesnt need help.
The Stalker never needed help.

It's the most braindead, easy to pilot mech in the game.
Its seriously a L2Play issue if you're having trouble as a Stalker pilot.

#37 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostJosef Nader, on 19 April 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

The Stalker -still- packs more firepower, more crit space (no arm actuators help) and better hitboxes than any other assault. That's why they lack the extra module slot.

Are you suggesting that the Stalker is so inherently superior to other assaults that it needs a module nerf? I love the Stalker, but it's a slow 85 tonner without JJ--how bout some module love? Why the hell does an Atlas DDC get ECM and 3(4) module slots?

#38 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

Stalker, especially Misery is a mech that can take on 2 or 3 enemies single handed and survive victoriously. Few others can do that and still remain an asset to your team, and you don't even need modules to do it. That you have to avoid all the rocks and boxes on the terrain just makes it more fair to others.

#39 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 20 April 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Are you suggesting that the Stalker is so inherently superior to other assaults that it needs a module nerf? I love the Stalker, but it's a slow 85 tonner without JJ--how bout some module love? Why the hell does an Atlas DDC get ECM and 3(4) module slots?

The Stalker has plenty of advantages, so in a way yes less Modules makes sense.

I have a DDC, The Boar's Head, Stalker 3F, 5S and Misery and I played them in rotation this weekend and I can tell you that my Stalkers frequently scored higher and are as hard or harder to kill.

Why?

1) Superior Hardpoint placement. You can snipe over terrain and remain unexposed, you can shoot over shorter allies.

2) Superior torso design for taking damage. Sure, those big fat RT/LT will probably get blown to hell - that's ok because all your best weapons are mounted in your tiny little stub arms and your CT will be protected from nearly any engagement that isn't dead on. If you want to face a Stalker dead on you'd be better be something nearly as deadly.

3) Higher number of critical slots available to cram those few extra goodies into the mech (57 vs. 53).

The DDC with 4 Mod slots is a special case, it's a touch undergunned with direct fire weapons compared to other 90+ ton assaults but with ECM, BAP, 4 mod slots and the most missile hardpoints it's a really great team anchor/support platform.

View PostNils Bohrman, on 21 April 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

Stalker, especially Misery is a mech that can take on 2 or 3 enemies single handed and survive victoriously. Few others can do that and still remain an asset to your team, and you don't even need modules to do it. That you have to avoid all the rocks and boxes on the terrain just makes it more fair to others.

This is no joke.

I did just that this weekend in a Misery that only has basic unlocked.

I took on a DDC, a Thunderbolt and a Cataphract at the end of a match to win the game (all 3 of them at once).

I got a lucky shot on a weakened arm on the DDC that destroyed it (the arm) instantly and the last of his functioning weapons with it.

I'm not convinced I could have done the same thing in my fully mastered DDC or Boar's head.

*The DDC got saved for last since he was neutered, but instead of futilely playing peekaboo or some lame attempt at running away he was a really good sport and pretty much just stood there while I chipped away at his center torso with my last remaining MLAS lol. Kudos to him.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 21 April 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#40 Josef Nader

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:13 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 20 April 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

The D-DC is a larger target with fewer hard points, low slung guns, and a reliance on heavy ballistics. The Stalker has a significantly smaller frontal profile, high mounted hard points across the board, it relies on super lightweight energy and missile hard points (meaning it can pack plenty of ammo and heat sinks to get the most milage out of its firepower), and it simply packs more firepower than the Atlas could hope to match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users