Clan We Please Fix The Disconnect Issue?

General

11 replies to this topic

#1 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Do I even need to elaborate on this? Seems like every other game I'm either 1-2 down on my team (occasionally 3-4). Is it really too much to ask for the game to find a player/s in the solo queue to fill the gaps?

Let me guess...Elo and MM right?

#2 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

Like most things ... PGI doesnt see a problem.

#3 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

It's not always a dc, quite honestly after my 7-8th consecutive terra therma match or lrm missile-fest I'm real inclined to alt-tab to something that doesn't kill my soul a little bit.

#4 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 19 April 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

It's not always a dc, quite honestly after my 7-8th consecutive terra therma match or lrm missile-fest I'm real inclined to alt-tab to something that doesn't kill my soul a little bit.

Before anyone flames this guy, every second class multiplayer game out there has an option to opt out of certain maps, if one wishes to do that. It's just MWO that yet again lacks such a core and important feature.

You don't want people to quit matches? Don't force them to play something they don't want to play. Easy.

Edited by T Hawk, 19 April 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#5 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Doesn't matter how much we might hate a map, intentionally disco'ing or alt-f4ing out of the game is bush league.

#6 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 19 April 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Doesn't matter how much we might hate a map, intentionally disco'ing or alt-f4ing out of the game is bush league.

Yeah, it is but it wouldn't happen if there was an option to opt out of certain maps like you can in other lots of other games. It simply sucks to play the same map 4 times in a row.

#7 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

And I would rage in chat less if there was an "opt out of crappy PUG teammates" option as well, but it's an imperfect world.

#8 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

I think it should account for the last 2-3 matches you played when finding your next match, and exclude maps you played on those last 2-3 games.

This would mean you play on any given map no more than once every 3-4 matches.
Furthermore, if choosing any, it should exclude the last game type you played, so as to vary that too, so no two games in a row will be the same type.

#9 Koraeth Salanderz

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Most of my disconnects from my client were due to Zonelabs Zonealarm on my machine. Shutting that off stopped disconnects for me.

#10 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

I don't mind that disconnects happen. I do mind that they count as "alive" so we have to hunt down the stationary guy and destroy it.

I would rather have disconnects self destruct if they lose connection.

In fact, wasn't it set so that disconnected players didn't count as alive before? As in you did not need to kill him to finish the game?

#11 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

It's actually more exaggerated in Assault games. I've actually had assault matches where one team has won ad or tied with the only player left alive on their team being a disco. If it comes down to 1 vs. a disco and the last living one is shot up badly, they simply cant get past the turrets to kill the disco. And if it's 2 or 3 vs. a disco, the surviving team must often wait 7+ minutes for the round to end because they are too shot up to go get the disco in his base. It's even worse if the survivors are impatient and rush in. In this case, the team with only the disco can actually win.

#12 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

Guys we can't talk about this.

It's always miSs.

Edited by Sug, 20 April 2014 - 10:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users