General Balance Gameplay

68 replies to this topic

#1 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Look, theres no other interesting games to play except Dark Souls 2.......and the meta for that game is even more infuriating than this one. Look I know how to make this game better without breaking your balls. Do exactly as I say to the letter and the game will be much better.

1: Put lrms back to about 140 m/s (still better than original 120). Lrms were damn annoying anyway now this game is not fun because of them. You've got these crippled missile boats and so I try to lead a light mech or a pack of them back to my team AND THEY CANT DO SHIT ABOUT IT BECAUSE THEYRE A BUNCH OF GODDAMN MISSILE BOATS. The rest of the team is too busy with their PPCs shoved so far up their ass they don't notice or cant hit a light mech with them anyway so they don help either. Oh, and I cant TALK TO THEM AND ASK FOR HELP Infuriating, see next point.

2: Put voice chat in the game for the love of whatever deity you worship. Its so bad that I cant even try to help the pugglefish and im sick of getting rolled 12-4 because your matchmaker keeps putting me and my 4-man lance-mates up against 6-10 assault mechs and my teammates are bunch of ragtag people with no tonnage or ecm. I can tell within 1 minute even if theres no score just by the way the other team moves and the mech composition my team is lacking that im gonna get steamrolled again. I am almost always right. There is no argument for not having in game voice chat, don't even bother trying to make some feeble case against it. You don't like certain people? Mute them. Simple.

3: Everyone in the community needs to stop using the word "drop" until pgi lets lance commanders pick where the lances actually spawn or "drop" at. For immersions sake, include a dropping through the atmosphere cutscene. If we had *cough* voice chat *cough* then we could talk to each other and form a plan and hash out where to meet, where to send scouts. It would also prevent every map from playing out the same on every match as there would be less use of these silly unofficial meeting spots on every map. Alpine is a snore. River City and Caustic is basically NASCAR with mechs, Terra Thrma is......well Ill address that in a second.

4: Nerf arty down to 25 or 30 points per shell (again still considerably stronger than the 15 it was originally). 40 points is just asinine, it ruins 12 mans and it isn't any fun really in any circumstance. Don't tell me to move, im not stupid, I probably tried that. But since I cant communicate with my team no one can call it out for me, see the problem? I usually avoid it or the enemy puts it in a spot I can see easily, but if I DO get hit by it, then I might as well quit, my match is ruined. I pilot lights and mediums, its not fair to penalize pilots like me just cause everyone else without balls or a sense of creativity wants to use some ******* cheese mech. Oh by the way, in case you haven't noticed, making arty that strong has done ****-all nothing to shift the meta, so don't come up in here with that weaksauce tryin to tell me otherwise. I play 12 mans, it doesn't accomplish shit, if anything it ensures the other team is gonna go heavy to survive it.
And again, I move all the time, but occasionally someone actually puts it in a spot you cant see it, or you get stuck on geometry.

5: Let company commanders pick where to put the base and turrets in assault mode, see point number 3 for the reason why.

6: Lets make terra therma an ice map except leave the volcanos and lava. Ambient temp would be nice and cool, but the lava and center 'thunderdome" area leave alone. Why? To disincentivize people from trudging to the middle every time like a bunch of special needs lemmings, because after all who really wants to fight in the middle if that's the only place that's so hot you can barely fight?. Then we could actually use the rest of the map which is much more interesting and has lots of neat terrain.

7: Please make engines a little cheaper and please please please make mechs have engines that make some ******* sense when you buy them. I bought a Wolverine 6k, which aside from its loltastically inferior hard point layout and lack of jumpjets (plus no extra weapons to make up for it) comes with a totally useless engine. A STD 275, really? What in THE **** role can a medium mech fill that goes 81 kph and mediocre short range firepower? ****-all that's what. Do you guys ever play this game yourselves pgi? Even worse the super expensive Wolverine, the 7k, comes with an XL-275. Again, wtf. Its a lame duck engine, I now have to sell it, grinf for 3 mil more c-bills and then go buy a 280 that weights the same, and that's still too slow anyway. It wouldn't cut your peckers off just to give me the proper engine in the first place. I don't give two shits about the table top game, this isnt tabletop, I don't care what the technical readout says, the game is not set up to be played in a role specific way where militaries in the real world might opt to strip a bunch or armor and sacrifice engine speed to craft some bullshit medium mech that goes 70-80kph for urban fighting. Im sorry that just does not work in this game. Just don't give ma a lame duck engine like the 250 or 275 or any of the other ones that weight the same as their next up counterpart. The only exceptions are when that is my MAXIMUM engine size. But it never is, so stop it.

8: Make it so I can buy all the colors colors with c-bills. Just do it, I don't need a reason, it would just be nice, and god knows you have enough other ways to make money.

There that's all for now, and most of this stuff could be done in a jiffy. My word is final, my arguments are infallible, and my anger is righteous. JUST DO IT!.

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

#3 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

BTW, the tone of this is not actually serious (that last bit), just the content. Its just I like this game and I want it to be better and its the little crap like silly XL-275 engines when you could just give me the 280 for a mech that has a cap size of 360 that REALLY bugs me.

EDIT, thanks for undermining me btw, my authority comes from the amount of time and money Ive played and the fact im just as intelligent and experienced of a gamer as anyone else here, so no need for pointless passive-aggressive wankery.

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 19 April 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#4 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

As far as artillery nerfs go, I made a thread with my own idea about how to tone them down a little bit.

#5 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

I rather like your idea Pjwned. Good thread.

#6 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

Stock engine sizes are based on original stock designs. It BT, engine ratings are more set, only usable in exact multiples of the mech tonnage.

As to your original rant, not only is it too long to bother actually reading, but I gave up even skimming it when you suggested that whether or not players use the word "drop" has any bearing whatsoever on getting anything at all fixed, regardless of whether I agree with what you want fixed and how.

#7 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

3/3/3 should solve the tonnage somewhat, And I could not agree more on the voice chat this is a must ,im tired of watching PuG's get repeatedly steamrolled by the premade teams . This isn't where the balance issues end but its the only 2 I believe can be fixed anytime soon. Honestly I suspect this game will be shut down still for the most part broken but I digress.

#8 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

PGI cant make this game so we all can be happy, they can only make balance between bad and good which will make both side okay, im happy with 150m/s with LRMs even tho I hate them so much, they need to have some power.

This game will never be balanced because everyone of us have different request, nerf that, buff that, no matter how much we complain, there will be cases like when LRM was 170m/s and I admit it, that was too much and as far I saw most of people saw that as a problem, anyway you cant make this game perfect, either like it or dont...

Edited by Almighty Cico, 19 April 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#9 Livebait

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts
  • LocationDrop ship Alpha, drinking beer

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

What we really need is more mechs and mech sales! Never mind about engaging game play and more complex maps.

#10 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostScrotacus 42, on 19 April 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

BTW, the tone of this is not actually serious (that last bit), just the content.

I thought the whole thing wasn't serious...

#11 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

You people who repeatedly call for in-game VOIP ... why do you think more players don't use commonly available programs like TeamSpeak and Ventrilo and Mumble?

It's not because they don't know about them. Those in the know preach about them in every game we play.

It's not because it's another program to download, and one extra download is too many. They download worthless dumbass programs all day, every day.

Why, then?

It's because they don't WANT to use voice communications. They're afraid of speaking to others, or embarrassed about their own voice, or don't want to hear other people.

People complain about the bitching and moaning in text chat while in-match ... can you imagine how bad built-in VOIP would be???

The game wouldn't suddenly become PUG paradise with the introduction of integrated VOIP.

#12 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

VOIP in a team where you can choose who to play with...great.
VOIP in PUG's...bad.
The majority of people are annoying ****** and at least ingame they're usually too busy to type out their racist, sexist, idiotic shite.
I'd rather not spend every match remembering who to report.

#13 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Use the mute button I for one want to be able to direct people to the atlas with ecm cover they left alone foolishly. I want to be able to tell people chasing the squirrel to his 6 big brothers or into a valley to get lrm'd into the next life isn't wise. I want to be able to tell people that when some1 charges when your side has a 4 kill advantage you need to be right behind them or providing cover fire from range or you can lose that advantage very quickly.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 19 April 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#14 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostWolfways, on 19 April 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

VOIP in PUG's...bad.
The majority of people are annoying ****** and at least ingame they're usually too busy to type out their racist, sexist, idiotic shite.

I'm really not looking forward to the day where we get some mic volumes slammed to the max and all you ear is this chopped up indistinguishable noise that you makes you wonder if the mic was inside a blender or the guy was witnessing an 8 prop airplane take-off from his lap.

VOIP in-game is probably THE first thing I turn off for every game. I don't know why people are pressing hard for VOIP, besides the premades.
I played Hawken once (and only once). The minute I got this sound of a man breathing into the mic and talking with the mic slammed down his throat position just above his voice box I alt+F4'd. Those words continue to echo through out my head "DO ANYOGUYS KNOW HAW T-" aaaand that's it for me.

The worst is pizza eatters biting into the cripsy crust, and you just know they've taken a real big bite because you can hear the hard pizza bottom clunk against their teeth and the slappy sounds of their tongue trying to postion it into a better place for them to bite down on and the spewing squishing sound of the cheese, oil, tomato sauce and saliva because they can't close their mouth.

I hate microphones and I hate hearing people eat/snore/clear their throat/cough/burp/breathe into the mic.

VOIP in the game just opens that avenue for my ears to be assaulted with such grotesque things. And obviously the more annoying folks who take things a little too far and shout into the mic, or tell you what to do when all you want to do is just play your way and not be somebody's bich.

#15 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

I don't get equating talking to 3 ppl on ts to 12 on in game VoIP.
I also think ease, laziness and minimal hassle are the top reasons people don't use ts.

#16 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostWolfways, on 19 April 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

VOIP in PUG's...bad.

A thousand times this.

Gamers, for whatever reason, are notorious for being uncouth, offensive, and, well, socially inept. The internet brings out the worst in people, and I'd rather not be forced to hear some immature punk sounding off because he finally has an audience.

What we have in typed chat is bad enough.

#17 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostInRev, on 19 April 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

A thousand times this.

Gamers, for whatever reason, are notorious for being uncouth, offensive, and, well, socially inept. The internet brings out the worst in people, and I'd rather not be forced to hear some immature punk sounding off because he finally has an audience.

What we have in typed chat is bad enough.

We need some kind of form of quick communication, and typing doesnt cut it.
We either need a L4D style system or voice chat.

This shit is painful.

#18 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

What's that? We need VOIP?
No shit. I've been asking for ages but try hards keep screaming "find a corp" like that's a sensible solution.
http://mwomercs.com/...-sorely-needed/

#19 Livebait

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts
  • LocationDrop ship Alpha, drinking beer

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Actually, all you really need is a "com rose" like in the BF series. A good com rose makes VOIP not that necessary. It should have been put in the game shortly after open beta.

At this point in the games life, I think all the devs are doing is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's really sad too. I, as well as others, were very excited about this game in close beta. I'm still waiting for a proper mechwarrior game to play. :)

#20 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

OneEyed Jack is right, it is too long and angry (though I was trying to be a little humorous about it). However, seeing as how it isn't going to be heard anyway, I might as well just tell it like I feel it (and honestly how it is) instead of wasting time trying to sound all articulate and scholarly about it. That actually might have resulted in an even longer post had I tried that. Besides I didn't want to spam the forums with 8 topics about it.

As to your answer to my point about engines, yea I talked to some people and found out what you said was the answer, my point is that that's still total bunk in the context of this game (see point number 7). Despite my anger and ranty format, I honestly think I made pretty good sense: an XL 275 is a lame duck because it weighs the same as a 280. If my mech can fit an XL 360, theres really no reason not to just give me the 280 instead of the 275 from the start. None. At all. Like I said I don't care what the tabletop loadouts were, this is not that game, isn't played in a fashion within ten miles of that, and really it just makes my grind even worse because now I will have to sell it and grind some more to get the right engine all for an extra 3-4 kph. Ok sure I could use an XL 275 in a Centurion but eh.....the 280 has more crossover value as we all know.

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 19 April 2014 - 06:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users