68 replies to this topic

#21 KreepyKrawly

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Somebody send for the WAAAAMBULANCE!!!!!

#22 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostWolfways, on 19 April 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

VOIP in a team where you can choose who to play with...great.
VOIP in PUG's...bad.
The majority of people are annoying ****** and at least ingame they're usually too busy to type out their racist, sexist, idiotic shite.
I'd rather not spend every match remembering who to report.

Posted Image

#23 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Krawly, are you that incapable of reading between a few cuss words? C'mon man would you have been any more or less likely to read something that long if it was all dry and scholarly sounding? No? Ok then. And don't even pretend Im not right about most or all of this stuff. Im in a unit with 150 people in it and I have found precisely zero people who disagree with any of the stuff Ive said.

God why do people still act all pretentious and shit because something isn't stated all neat and clean. The tone doesn't matter only the point does, and swearing or being uncouth doesn't undermine anything unless you tell yourself it does.

Not everything needs some silly well-worded empirical analysis to be absolutely right either. Most of the time doing that is just casting pearls before swine, it was faster FOR ME to just rant out my arguments than carefully choose thoughtful words because the logic wasn't going to change anyway.

And by the way if no one ever needed a waaambulance we would all still be sitting around grunting trying to figure out what the **** fire is. Complaints feul change, and if I have no recourse to change it myself, then guess what Im gonna do if I want change? Especially if its change that really wouldn't take long to implement. How long would it take to address point number 7? What like ten minutes?

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 19 April 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#24 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostScrotacus 42, on 19 April 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

EDIT, thanks for undermining me btw, my authority comes from the amount of time and money Ive played and the fact im just as intelligent and experienced of a gamer as anyone else here, so no need for pointless passive-aggressive wankery.

Honestly... What the flip did you expect?

@ 1) Wait and see what happens when we go 3/3/3/3
@ 2) VOIP is quite overrated in pugs. Ever play xbox live and have a meaningful communication out of it? There are some games that will attract a more mature audience, like I think this game has. With that said, there is no reason not to have it.

@ 3) I'll continue to drop in a match, because thats what you do in Battletech... NASCAR with mechs... I don't think I understand the premise. I have never been a in a drop where the mechs keep going around in circles from one another normally they meet at the Citadel on River City and shoot it out...

@ 4) I'm with you here

@ 5) Ehhh.... You're going to leave that in the hands of a pug commander? No thanks.

@ 6) "I hate hot maps." That's all I got out of that, and you hate how people push toward middle...lol

@ 7) Suggested reading: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wolverine Note the engine. The stock variants of the mechs are derived off of stock mechs in Battletech. See @3, this (MWO) is heavily based off of Battletech. The XL275 Engine cost just a hair over 4 million C-bills. In Table top the XL engines are 4x the cost of standard engines. They added to the cost a little, and I'm okay with that.

@ 8) It's a F2P game. There is no reason for them to sell the colors for Cbills. Its a cosmetic upgrade (its not essential), play ANY OTHER F2P, most cosmetic upgrades do cost real money.

To summarize I think you're unfamiliar with the history of the game, your rant is extremely over the top. You have some good ideas but its overshadowed by how you present these ideas which is reminiscent of someone who is Thirteen and raging...

EDIT Spelling

Edited by Saxie, 19 April 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#25 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the tone if it bothers you Im not thirteen I just don't really care about being nice about it as the end result is the same.

I know enough about battletech to know what were doing now is not a "drop" in MWO and I would like a choice of where my lance drops at to add variety to matches and a feel of immersion of actually falling through the atmosphere and landing where we selected in the lobby. Not necessary but it would be cool.

In my head, and the books, I imagine these fights to not be deathballs or uniform slugfests. Lances catch another lance off guard and have a smaller skirmishes and whatnot, that's the aim. If you don't like full player control of base selection, how about a choice in maybe three possible base areas on each side? It would be easier for PGI that way too.

You caught me I do kinda hate hot maps but they have their place sure. My issue is the way terra therma and other maps are played the same over and over again. In 12 mans, River city is basically a counter-clockwise circle ring around the citadel. Caustic is ring around the caldera. That's what I meant. You can keep terra as is, just do an Ice version as well that keeps the lava pools and everything so people have an incentive to duke it out elsewhere.

Yes I play other F2P games and I think its equally gay they charge me for colors in those games too. The patterns I get, but the colors c'mon man that's just being a godless capitalist swine.

And again....I get why the engines are set the way they are, my point is that doesn't make any sense because this isn't tapletop and if they are going to arbitrarily make all sorts of other balance changes why not that?

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 19 April 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#26 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Grammar son, do you use it?

#27 KreepyKrawly

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Scrote, Yes, there are some problems with the game, But having a long assed whinge about it is unlikely to get you any sympathy. More like derision and scorn.

I've been here playing this game for 2 years, spent over $600 on it. Mainly for the love of mechwarrior. It's better than nothing...

Been playing BT games for over 25 years.

Get a life.

Kreepykrawly

PS as of this post, you have no likes. What does that say?

Edited by KreepyKrawly, 19 April 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#28 Nemesis Wolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf occupation zone (or Seattle, Wa-IRL)

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

I agree with some of what the OP said. We really need some form of voice chat, too often like the OP said people run like lemmings to the kill boxes. I mean really, we all know that we'll die if we go there yet 1/2 or more of the people will go there. ECM is also ridiculous, why the devs put it on Heavies and Assaults makes no sense, they're not supposed to be stealthy, so STOP allowing them to be so. Leave the sneaking around to the Lights and Mediums.

I also agree that we should have more paint options for in game creds, not all of us can afford to dish out real cash to buy something we can only use in the game, I understand the cammo patterns having to be paid for, but for almost EVERY paint color to have to be bought with real money is silly, especially considering you want 55$ Per Clan mech. What do you think everyone playing is anyway, big-time corporate execs? Sorry I just don't have that much spare cash floating around, most of us have bills, rent, gas and food to buy every month with our meager paychecks.

As for the 275 Engine, Standard or XL, They're trying to stay true to the original rules. In the original Battletech/Mechwarrior rules a mech engine is determined by its movement (In hexes in the original rules) times its weight. Therefore a 55 tonner (Wolverine, Griffin, Shadowhawk) which each had a 5/8/5 movement had 275 Engines. The devs have merely given players the "Option" to use a heavier or lighter engine outside of the class of the original rules, which is why you have to buy them yourself, non-standard engine means you gotta pay out the dough for the mod.

Edited by Nemesis Wolf, 19 April 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#29 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostScrotacus 42, on 19 April 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the tone if it bothers you Im not thirteen I just don't really care about being nice about it as the end result is the same.

And yet you think it's a good idea for you to be able to talk to others ingame... (see my previous post)

#30 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostNemesis Wolf, on 19 April 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

ECM is also ridiculous, why the devs put it on Heavies and Assaults makes no sense,

3 lights, 1 medium, and 1 assault is hardly putting it on heavies and assaults.

But ECM is ridiculous.

Edited by Wolfways, 19 April 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#31 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image

#32 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Oh good, a grammar {Godwin's Law}. Nice. Yea, I do use it, but maybe you'd like to volunteer to be my editor next time. Sheesh, WHO CARES? Besides, it isn't even that bad. I'm missing a few commas and apostrophe here or there, what the **** ever dude.

I wasn't trying to offend you Krawly, I don't want sympathy, I want a topic that gets 10,000 likes and 2657569803096 pages on the slim to none chance pgi gives enough of a shit to be like "hey we could address some of these things". Yea, a pipe dream, I know. But it makes ME feel better for a game I've spent a lot (not as much as you but FAR more than I should have) on and also very much want to see succeed.

Though I do find it ironic your gonna tell me to get a life if you spent 600 dollars on this game, c'mon man if most of us had a life worth a shit we wouldn't waste it playing MechWarrior. At least I wouldn't. Yes that's right I do need to get a life, but lets all not pretend we are all any better because I doubt it. I'm a half employed college-grad with ****-all nothing to do half of the week. Whatever man, my neckbeard is just as shaggy as yours, lol.

Guys, flame away, really I don't care. I'm actually far nicer in RL and not an ******* at all and usually well spoken. Fine you win, I got mad when I bought a Wolverine 7k only to see it has a worthless engine and it pisses me off that one little change that would take two seconds would save me hours and hours of grinding.

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 19 April 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#33 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

GOOD SIR I HAVE A GOATEE! I find the fact you think I have a neck beard racist

#34 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

And Wolfways, c'monb man you really think Im gonna yell and scream at people like that? I knew someone would say something like that, and then be like "oh wow see this guy is exactly why I don't want voice chat". No I wouldn't do that. Would I swear? Yea. But it'll be like "Son of a ***** that ******* cheese Jager just gaussed me". I don't berate teammates and I presume the other team wont be able to hear me.

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 19 April 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#35 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

I have to agree ecm is abit much atleast provide a more diverse readily available counter to atleast most mechs , as it stands most mechs have no decent counter to it , Its simply to powerful.

#36 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yea man an ecm atlas is ridiculous. Imagine how this game would change if you got rid of the D-DC. Yes yes it existed in BT and the books probably, but this game isn't those things.

#37 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

If you do then take away all ECM's from all Mechs

#38 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

#39 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Maybe you're right. I dunno, I don't have a problem with ECM but that's just me. Its nice to have in the new lrm-friendly environment. But I'd live if it was removed also.

To all who have the misfortune of reading this far: I apologize, you may hate me or think I'm a blowhard whiny idiot. That's cool, but its too late to go back and edit the post and it wouldn't matter if I had the most eloquent, perfect list of Martin Luther's 95 mech theses it wouldn't result in anything so I might as well get it off my chest. That's not how you see it or handle it, fine. It made me feel better about my investment. There are people who agree and disagree. Whatevs.

#40 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Oh, and the above clip is funny, but not accurate at all, it isn't my fault if you don't get it or don't want to get it. I have valid arguments even if you don't like how they are stated. But good try. If it didn't make any sense to you at all that's on you man, it was not hard to comprehend. Im sure you feel nice and smug though now, so Im glad I gave you the opportunity and I hope your day is better as a result.

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 19 April 2014 - 07:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users