#61 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostLivebait, on 19 April 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Actually, all you really need is a "com rose" like in the BF series. A good com rose makes VOIP not that necessary. It should have been put in the game shortly after open beta.

At this point in the games life, I think all the devs are doing is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's really sad too. I, as well as others, were very excited about this game in close beta. I'm still waiting for a proper mechwarrior game to play. :)

Yeah. I'm super quoting this.

#62 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

VOIP is a joke right?.
i used to play a other game that was also kind like this but with small starships, in till they forced VOIP.
nothing worse then hear some random douchebag QQ and ruining your gameplay.

#63 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostWolfways, on 19 April 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I actually like the way other games have the choice of pay or play but both types of players can get everything ingame.
EVEOnline>Make ingame cash to buy PLEX (which you can use to pay for the monthly fee!).
RIFT>Make ingame cash to buy REX (with which you can buy gear, boosts, etc.).
Firefall>Do daily's to obtain Red Beans (which you can use to buy ingame items).

Honestly, i don't see PGI liking those ideas though :)

Those games are all subscription based MMOs, they don't need microtransactions to get by - and don't get me started on EVE's $80 monocle.

Core game = free
Cool stuff to show off = $$

#64 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 20 April 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

Those games are all subscription based MMOs, they don't need microtransactions to get by - and don't get me started on EVE's $80 monocle.

Core game = free
Cool stuff to show off = $$

Rift and Firefall are free

#65 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

I agree with Livebait and MoonUnitBeta:
A ComRose would help this game a lot! Beeing able to signal basic calls for help or attack oder defend with one key/click could improve teamplay a lot, even in pug games.

For example one could call help when getting swarmed by lights in ecm cover, where now the team does not have any clue about that, because the enemy mechs in ecm cover do not appear on the map at all. (ecm beeing implemented imho and should be reverse reworked is another topic)

Or one could tell about the number of contacts under ecm cover in a certain hex with 2-3 clicks/keys, would also help about how ecm is screwing pug play.

Or people could tell to push trough a bottleneck instead of the pug-usual stopping in bottlencks.

etc. a comrose could help a lot!

#66 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

View PostWolfways, on 20 April 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Rift and Firefall are free

Ha, it's been a while. Rift was subscription based when I last heard about it. Either way the store is full of novelty and vanity items.http://www.riftgame.com/en/store/

#67 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

View PostAbisha, on 19 April 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

VOIP is a joke right?.
i used to play a other game that was also kind like this but with small starships, in till they forced VOIP.
nothing worse then hear some random douchebag QQ and ruining your gameplay.

I think it is certain to say that with VOIP also mute function will be implemented into the game. It has been told in the NGNG podcasts so PGI should be aware.

#68 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Well, Errodien - i watched your twitchstream and it speaks for itself...

#69 Phashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBuckeye stuck in Michigan

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

agreed. you can guarantee out of 11 other players, at least one is an idiot. they are scary enough when they are typing BS. Why do I want to hear them the entire match? I hope when/if they put In voice, at least they give us the ability to turn it off.

View PostInRev, on 19 April 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

A thousand times this.

Gamers, for whatever reason, are notorious for being uncouth, offensive, and, well, socially inept. The internet brings out the worst in people, and I'd rather not be forced to hear some immature punk sounding off because he finally has an audience.

What we have in typed chat is bad enough.

Edited by Phashe, 20 April 2014 - 12:13 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users