I Quit The Match Every Time Terra Therma Is Loaded.

Maps

48 replies to this topic

#1 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

Anyone else?

It amuses me why they still have this map in rotation.

#2 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

Others quit as soon as Alpine Peaks is loaded.

Would be really cool if we could choose 1 map that the matchmaker doesn't drop us in. Alpine Peaks and Terra Therma would be played by half as many guys, but they would still be in game, because you can only choose one.

Personally, i hate alpine so much i have one finger on the alt key while another hovers over F4 as soon as i see this horrible abomination, this personal, inexcusable insult to any person who ever designed a map.
Still i never disconnected because i won't be an *sshole towards my team.
Neither did they design this obscenity, nor are they responsible for my deep, neverending hate towards this piece of... So i will play through it, give my best, while hating each second of it.

Did i mention i don't like Alpine Peaks?

Still, disconnecting is a no go in my opinion. Just plain unfair towards your teammates. Would you like it if 3 guys on your team disconnect on your favorit map because they don't like it?

#3 SoylentDaveage

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

Terra Therma is not my favourite map, but its not my least favourite either. Caustic Valley wins that honour.

But I never drop from a match before I die.

#4 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Ticket Submitted. (ok, not really)

#5 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

You are screwing the rest of your team by doing this. I don't care how much you hate a map, this just sucks for the other 11 guys you are playing with.

#6 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

I play it, but am not amused.

#7 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

To OP.

I feel for you brother I hate Terra Therma.

I resist the urge to quit as I do not like to disadvantage my team but I understand the sentiment and I have done it once or twice.

#8 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

so this is why i get DC's in my matches..... leaving my team with one or two down the entire match.
and here i thought it was technical difficulties.

why is TT bad? i can understand if you are running a stock mech with single heat sinks but if you have a fully decked out mech its all about controlling your heat.

other then heat i will say this.

the map is full of choke points and no way to bypass certain areas for flanking because mountain rangers are too large.
the over all grey color of the map is a huge downer because everything blends into it.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 20 April 2014 - 04:55 AM.

#9 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

ppl do this? Dint think we had the privlage to bail on maps we dont like

#10 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

Don't get why there's so much hate for Alpine. The Terra Therma hate I can sort of understand. What I can't understand is why more people don't complain about River City. That map is AWFUL now on assault. 24 mechs and turrets on a map the size of a postage stamp? Great idea. :lol: The instant you move a nanometer from your starting position you get spammed with LRMs, beams, the whole caboodle. It's basically turned into WWI trench warfare, and there's a reason why most video games aren't about WWI trench warfare.

That map needs to be either sorted or aborted IMVHO.

#11 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 20 April 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Anyone else?

It amuses me why they still have this map in rotation.

While I understand that people may not like some maps (I personally hate RC Night), intentionally DCing is childish and unsportsmanlike, and deserves to be sanctioned.

In RL, deserters are shot.... Which Is why somebody has probably reported the thread by now.

View PostTurist0AT, on 20 April 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

ppl do this? Dint think we had the privlage to bail on maps we dont like

We don`t, and admitting to it in public is tearing open your shirt to reveal a large "If you want to, you can ban me now" sign.

Some people used to (No, I don`t think so) so that they`d automatically dc to mechlab on certain maps. This practice is also against the CoC and can (IMO should) result in sanctions for the same reason as manualls DCing should.

#12 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

I find it funny that people claim this is against the rules? Since when can the devs FORCE me to play a certain map?

#13 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

I am fairly sure that intentionally quitting a match on a certain map violates the COD.

p.s. Easier way to do it

#14 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 20 April 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

I find it funny that people claim this is against the rules? Since when can the devs FORCE me to play a certain map?

Nobody can FORCE you to do anything... but in turn, you can`t force them to sit back and watch you continue to do so if they don`t want to. Just as you can disconnect on a whim, they can lock your account for regularly doing so.

From http://mwomercs.com/...49#entry3043649

Exploiting / Griefing / Non-Participation
Our definition of Exploiting / Griefing includes:
  • Wilfully or repeatedly destroying Teammate or Lancemate 'Mechs.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly self-destructing one's 'Mech by Overheating or going Out-of-Bounds
  • Wilfully or repeatedly disconnecting during a match.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly spamming in-game chat.
  • Persistent non-participation in core game mechanics.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly taking advantage of an issue for personal gain.

#15 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

river city night assault and RC in general sucks

the terrain is horrible for moving because every little car, fence, lamp post, statue will stop you right in your tracks.

the turrets also make this tiny map a instant stand off.

Night... what a waste of a "video" game. i emphasis the visual aspect because it is nonexistent in night modes. i would totally well come day/night cycles but a full on night mode is not very appealing.

#16 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 17 April 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Players like this are in violation of our Code of Conduct by refusing to participate in the game and match in the spirit in which it was intended. Please report such players to us at Support

#17 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

I think that's probably covered in the Code of Conduct...

Exploiting / Griefing / Non-Participation
Our definition of Exploiting / Griefing includes:
  • Wilfully or repeatedly destroying Teammate or Lancemate 'Mechs.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly self-destructing one's 'Mech by Overheating or going Out-of-Bounds
  • Wilfully or repeatedly disconnecting during a match.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly spamming in-game chat.
  • Persistent non-participation in core game mechanics.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly taking advantage of an issue for personal gain.
Spoiler

To reiterate and clarify the Terms of Use on Prohibited Conduct: As an online game and an ongoing development, we do expect issues to be discovered by players. In cases where an issue can provide an unfair advantage, players are expected to refrain from manipulating these issues. Accidental triggering of an issue will rarely be of concern, though repeated abuse of any such issue reported to us will frequently be met with a warning or sanction. Intentionally joining a match for the sole purpose of disrupting gameplay through any means could be considered actionable.

(my emphais)

http://mwomercs.com/...nduct-expanded/

#18 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

Yeah I would avoid quitting out of a match unless you are lagging out, or the team is being unsporting such as not using communication or splitting off and not being part of a team effort. I've quit out a few times because I got that stupid terra map like 3 times in a row I decided to quit out. Not something you should do regularly and you deserve to get your account locked if you do this regularly you are simply wasting someone elses obviously more valuable time.

Honestly that last 3 times I played alpined I was pleasantry surprised at how well I did, I hate this map for it's size and how hilly it is, but anymore it's about finding that choke point or going up the freaking hill but thats with every map. The absolute worst is terra therma due to the punishing heat. Makes no sense the devs will never hear the end of their crappy map designs....lets be honest they all suck, they all lack imagination and originality. It's always super hilly with one center where everyone can snipe it out oh boy is that fun.

This game has a long way to go before it's considered past beta.

Edited by Darth Bane001, 20 April 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#19 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

Players like you should be banned.

#20 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Oh yeah, that newish Death Star/Borg Cube map is pretty gash, too. I think it would be a perfect map for Unreal Tournament, strangely enough

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users