Player With No Friendly Blip

19 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Man I'm sorry for the FF - you had no blip I thought you rushed over and tried to rear flank everyone.

How do I upload a screen shot?

#2 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

I've done exactly the same thing once. AC20-ed a friendly Banshee at point blank range because I couldn't see the blue IFF pip (it was at the extreme periphery of my FOV). It survived and we went on to win the match so I didn't feel too bad.

#3 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

This has happened to me before, the very start of a match - no FF involved, but I will notice that one of my lancemates doesn't appear on the map. Most of the time it corrects itself.

#4 Wyatt Earp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationOhio, U.S.A.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

Had same thing yesterday. Waited for 2 of them to shoot me first because I wasn't sure. Luckily they were friendlies.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

There is a bug where exactly one player on your team will not show up on the map in every game unless one of your teammates can see him in line of sight.

#6 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

Had this before during brawl with lights, but put it down to ECM jamming not bug?
Sadly team mates will cross your line of fire without looking, and in the back is where it hurts the most.

#7 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

I had this happen to me as well when I pug dropped. I moved forward a few hundred meters before I felt some lasers hit my back from a premade lance. He said that I wasn't registering as an friendly.

#8 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

they need to fix that bug

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

I've been in game, but not even be in the scoresheet. It said 11 players on the team, with a blank slot, but I was in game, the 12th player.

Only odd thing was a lance for myself. Instead of having the 4 names in the upper left, I had 4 "no player" things in the lance box. Same issue as above on top of that, where a teammate had to look at me to appear on the minimap. The enemies didn't have the same issue.

We did find a way to replicate it. Since I often load so late, the commander moved the lances around before me loading, and that caused me to not appear into the 3 lances. It's a strange thing. Not sure if Ghost Lance or Ghost Player is the proper term.

#10 Dagada

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

this bug has been around since open beta launch era. the person wont be on your mini map unless you look directly at them and then you hear the little noise indicator that a new target has been spotted by your mech.

#11 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

TeamKills happen, for hundreds of various reasons. As long as the intention wasn't to Team Kill there isn't really a foul done.

Now if it was EVERY match and 1 or 2, then you might need to do some explaining!

Don't sweat the small stuff. You've probably had your armor removed many times by a team mate without even knowing it!

#12 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostDagada, on 20 April 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

this bug has been around since open beta launch era. the person wont be on your mini map unless you look directly at them and then you hear the little noise indicator that a new target has been spotted by your mech.

Yeah but they usually get a triangle above them when you look at them and I think the op is saying that they didn't. I had this happen a while back where I was looking right at 2 mechs and nothing would show up above them. And it wasn't just me because another friendly one shotted the Raven that had no triangle because he thought it was a ecm mech. I kept looking over at the other mech with no triangle and about 5 minutes into the game it finally popped up above him.

#13 Baldaeous

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Iberia, LA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Same thing happened to me last night. No indication and I popped a poor locust on my team.
He was none too happy and threatened to report me.
I'm not worried about getting reported, just getting teammates pissed off.

#14 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

I once had a teammate show red just long enough for me to unload a sizable alpha into his face. I turned away from him momentarily maneuvering, since having an enemy pop up there was a surprise, and when i turned back he was blue. Suffice it to say I was both shocked and embarrassed.

#15 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

I've noticed this too... the last time I logged in a week ago. I figured it was lag, except my ping never goes above 35.

#16 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Yeah... Notice this bug recently.. Any entire lance appeared at the start without IFF...
However I found out that press 'Q' to highlight all friendlies solves the problem and everything goes back to normal.

#17 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

had this happen also the other day and the player gave me an ear full and said he was reporting me. Didn't believe me either when I said he wasn't on map or have icon overhead.

#18 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

I have this today in like 4 out of ten games. Needs a hotfix. Same with the "connecting forever" bug. This spoils my evening.

#19 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 22 April 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

I once had a teammate show red just long enough for me to unload a sizable alpha into his face. I turned away from him momentarily maneuvering, since having an enemy pop up there was a surprise, and when i turned back he was blue. Suffice it to say I was both shocked and embarrassed.

This

team killed twice so sar because the guy with the red arrow over his mech turned out to be friendly.

Damaged several others

#20 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostRex Budman, on 20 April 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Man I'm sorry for the FF - you had no blip I thought you rushed over and tried to rear flank everyone.

How do I upload a screen shot?

I doubt screenshots are needed, there's enough of us experiencing it. I've been on both ends of this one (having both shot a teammate and been shot) due to this issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users