- - - - -

I Not New But I Idk This ...

322 replies to this topic

#21 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

You want to remove Ferro Fiber, add Double Heatsinks, and use an XL engine. That will bring most of your mechs to yet another level.

#22 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostKAT Editor, on 22 April 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

And what about team balance? ) I think game havent got it, so many free wins/loses, and if see on teams tonnage ...

Team balance is being worked on. However, in most cases, the "free" wins and losses are from an early game mistake where one team loses a lance or so because someone decided to be stupid.

#23 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

But see for my cash now :angry: I just bought this mech and more 3 my mech want XL engine to up firepower )) But what with double Heatsinks, no space to install it to legs, but i read in water legs heasinks work more good ) Whey work x2 more or ... ? )

#24 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Engine DHS have double the efficiency of SHS. Outside of the engine, you get 1.4 times SHS efficiency. Even with no external heatsinks, upgrading to DHS is equivalent to equipping 20 SHS (10 external SHS). You can leave the legs empty, or use them for ammo (with full or nearly full armor for safety).

In addition, you want to keep more armor at the front, where you typically get shot. As long as you always face the enemy, you can drop the back to 10 points. Some players use even less, especially on medium and light mechs.

Compare this build to yours. You have more ammo, better cooling, a higher speed, more front armor, BAP for improved missile lock range and ECM countering, AMS for missile defense, and Artermis for a tighter missile spread whenever you see targets. Yes, the upgrades (the engine especially) are expensive, but well worth it if you like your Catapult and play it a lot.

#25 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Get double heatsinks and endo so you can make room for more ammo and perhaps Artemis for the LRM15s. TAG in one of the CT laser mounts is a possibility too. Artemis and TAG together is a scary thing.

Also, Cats have relatively high and tiny side torsos, so they're pretty XL-friendly. Might want to consider saving for an XL300, it's a great engine for the Cat and many other chassis.

Edited by ThatBum42, 22 April 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#26 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostKAT Editor, on 21 April 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

What about upgrades ... Examle > upgrade armour give addition tonn, but that armour weak?

And where i can find good team players and add they to friends )

I not best players but a lot of time play MW and can play team ) Thats my score with 2 er ppc )

Posted Image

I not do only finish shoots )) Do rapid fire )

I'd say contact those Marik players! They probably have the largest active Mechwarrior Community and would be happy to have you drop with them!

#27 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostKAT Editor, on 22 April 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

But see for my cash now :P I just bought this mech and more 3 my mech want XL engine to up firepower )) But what with double Heatsinks, no space to install it to legs, but i read in water legs heasinks work more good ) Whey work x2 more or ... ? )

That only works for Single Heat Sinks, and honestly they are bad compared to Double Heat Sinks.

Just get double heatsinks, remove FF armor, it's not worth it. takes too much space and gives you little free weight.

If you want I will design a build for you. Give me which mech you want the build for, and I will help you with it.

#28 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for the help with the build, but I invent such things myself ) I use bit more armour at back because little mech likes fight catapult close and always shoot back when run, and team always dont help ) Sometimes i think some light mech laggers, example i shoot cleap er ppc 4 times and after fight with Raven, he pick 2 srm 6 shoots, 15 laser shoots, 1 er ppc and some minigun ammo, and fun i add 53 damage done, hooooow? ))) I add full lasers damage and all shots be in range with maximum damage

#29 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

If you are talking about hit registration, then that is a problem with every online game, and there are some known issues with MWO. Generally, it depends on your mech's speed (fast mechs seem to have more issues), the connection stability of you, the enemy, and the server (so often not up to you), and ping (trouble starts above 200, and it gets really the higher it goes). PGI is working on improving this -- a potentially major fix is coming next patch.

#30 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

And what about light mech armour? ) I think they so fat is pick thay speed. I have no problem with light mech in MW, but here its real problem ( Not bed give less 50% armour to they :)

#31 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

You need either lots of streaks (3 or more), or good aim with big guns (PPC, AC5 or higher) to quickly destroy light mechs. Lead the target carefully, and unload with everything on one leg/torso. Spread damage from lasers will typically make the entire mech damaged, but it will not destroy/cripple anything in one shot -- that is how light mech can run around you seemingly unharmed. You can put something deadly on the Catapult K2, but again, it is an expensive build.

#32 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

To see if your shot counted, look for your targeting reticle to flash red. Easy with lasers, as a partial hit does partial damage. Watch when you fire ballistic shots or PPCs to see if you hit.
Since your computer is some distance away from the servers, and also from the other player, what you see on the screen might be off a little from what the server sees due to internet latency. Host State Rewind is a system to mitigate this, but it's not 100% perfect. Also, the server doesn't render the graphics so what you see on your screen is partially just what your client is computing based on projectiles and enemy mech locations, etc. which can be milliseconds off from what the server sees.
What I'm getting at, is you can see your shot hit the mech, (and prior to last patch you could see the impact effect), yet it didn't count. However, the red reticle flash is a confirmation from the server that your shot counted as a hit, so rely on that if there is any question.

I'd also add that if you have a slow computer, with a low FPS, it is much harder to hit. Press F9 in game to check your FPS. It tends to lower the most in battle conditions. You should set your graphic settings so that your FPS performance is generally 30+ for best results. This varies by map as well.

#33 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostKAT Editor, on 23 April 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

And what about light mech armour? ) I think they so fat is pick thay speed. I have no problem with light mech in MW, but here its real problem ( Not bed give less 50% armour to they :unsure:

Light mechs barely have enough armor on them. I think you are having hit registration issues, check your ping when you are in the match, an check your FPS.

You can check Ping by pressing TAB when you're in game, and the looking at the last number in your mech's row.

You can check FPS by pressing F9 while in game, and if your FPS in below 15, you will have problems.

#34 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

My fps so random 15-75 its real CRY engine ) But more time 30-45

What you can say about this spider damage (772)? ))

Posted Image

If light can add this damage its not balance :(

Edited by KAT Editor, 23 April 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#35 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

Depending on your PC, some graphics options can trigger big FPS drops. DX11 is not fully stable yet. TXAA/MXAA antialiasing options are not optimized at all. The Postprocessing, Shadows, and Particles sliders have a big impact on framerates, but only at certain times.

As to the damage, that is part skill (good build+positioning+aim), part luck (bad enemy pilots, but in big mechs with lots of armor).

#36 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostKAT Editor, on 23 April 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

My fps so random 15-75 its real CRY engine ) But more time 30-45

What you can say about this spider damage (772)? ))

If light can add this damage its not balance :(

Actually that's not unusual, good pilots can easily break 600 damage with a light. My Locust 1V usually gets 200 damage, but 5+ kills. At least recently now that I've learned how to use it better.

My locust 3M easilly goes over 500 damage when I use SPLs.

It's not that the mech is imbalanced (Locust is considered the worst mech in the game by 90% of players) the pilot is just that good, or the enemies are just that bad.

Here's an old build for the Commando 2D:

1xERPPC
XL200
ECM
FF
Endosteel
Double Heatsinks
max armor

I've used that in the past, to great effect, and that's without jump jets, a Spider 5D has Jumpjets, and more weight to afford more heatsinks and more armor as well.

I wouldn't expect to run into too many pilots who are that good though.

#37 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

Thanks all for help, nice to see that people have time to answer the questions of others ) I realy wait now for update team bulance, not fun when you have not a lot of time to play at day close to 5 games and lose all, but do all to win :IPosted Image

Still i pick not bad cash and exp ))

Edited by KAT Editor, 24 April 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#38 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

That is great performance. Congratulations, and keep up the good work.

Also, this forum is for helping players, that's why we're here, and a lot of us spend as much time here, as we do in the game.

#39 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

I found new questions :P

1) If i sell one of my 3 catapults i lose they exp and master skill?
2) Sometimes i be commander but i not selested it, its a kidding of someone? )
3) When i look on inventary all my mech 3 cpt and thunderbolt have one sell price, but they have different equipment ... Or only mech sold save all items

Edited by KAT Editor, 04 June 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#40 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

1-No, you maintain the XP and progress on it, you can't access that XP anymore, but you don't lose the abilities on it. So if you purchase it later, you will have what you unlocked already there for you.

2- I don't remember if you can be assigned as lance commander by the company commander or not.

3-When you select to sell the mech you will have the option to sell it with the equipment installed in it (You probably shouldn't do that), or just sell the frame and the stripped mech (which is a low value)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users