322 replies to this topic

#201 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

Champion mechs are nothing more than a standard cbill variant with a 10% xp boost slapped on (and a different loadout, but you can change a standard variant to match easily. The hardpoints are identical because the variants are identical). Once you've spent all that xp unlocking the mech tree, what do you do with it? That's why no one thinks Champions are are worth buying (with a few specific exceptions for those wanting to pay MC for grind reduction and getting otherwise very expensive gear like an XL300 engine).

#202 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Yesterday i have epick fail. With game physics

This guy stuck, 2 mins he try out, but when enemes not be close i try help him ... first i test push him, nothing, after i find crazy idea jump on him from above ... (its on low graf i test whats change on maps ;))

Posted Image

And i jump on him ... but i crushed him in low then 1 sec ... (he have many armour) + i pick epick damage to torsoes (lose all armour, hand and torsoes become reds). If i not do that may be we win ... so it does not seem ridiculous

Posted Image

I stuck with Victor before too, i think he have fail collision ... Have someone idea how i can help him then? )

Oh error :( stUck*

Edited by KAT Editor, 26 July 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#203 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

That corner and general area for some reason seems to always cause problems. Not sure exactly why in HPG. I saw many people get stuck, once a DDC, once a Locust, and once multiple mechs at once, turret match ftw! ;)

It happens though, likely he was cored to cherry red status.

Edited by luxebo, 26 July 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#204 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

IraqWalker, you theory about if you lose side torso, you always lose a attached to it hand, busted ;) (Dont talk about this stalker buil, buy he some minutes ago) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

I maly time play D-DC, but sii, i not know all about ECM ... If enemy not close (<180m) to me or someone on my shield, he cant lock me or shilded ally? But if someone come close ... for example to me come cplt(C) with basic build, i need use conter mode to prevent pick lock by streak srm?

#205 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostKAT Editor, on 28 July 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

IraqWalker, you theory about if you lose side torso, you always lose a attached to it hand, busted ;) (Dont talk about this stalker buil, buy he some minutes ago) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

I maly time play D-DC, but sii, i not know all about ECM ... If enemy not close (<180m) to me or someone on my shield, he cant lock me or shilded ally? But if someone come close ... for example to me come cplt(C) with basic build, i need use conter mode to prevent pick lock by streak srm?

Wow, what you have encountered is a weird glitch. This is a bug. However, for the targeted player, they lose the arm and the weapons on it anyways. Even if it shows up on the paperdoll.

#206 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 28 July 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Wow, what you have encountered is a weird glitch. This is a bug. However, for the targeted player, they lose the arm and the weapons on it anyways. Even if it shows up on the paperdoll.

This is indeed a strange bug and has happened a ton on my own side, but it's very inconsistent on how often it happens. The funny thing is is that both the weapons and armor are still there, reminds me of MW4 when you can blow a torso but it doesn't come off, but if you shoot it even more then suddenly they die. :) Has happened on my Atlas and Stalker when I tried it on a friend's account. The arm still for no reason exists. Also, sometimes the enemy gets this as well, but I get double component destruction but their weapons and ragdoll both still exist with that arm.

#207 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Guys, you not answered about ECM )

This guy on my ECM, he not get tag or nark, my ECM not down, how they shoot and shoot he with lrms?
Posted Image

And how cplt C can shoot me with streak with low signal, my ECM not be down too ...

And someone say me in MWO physics better ... no, no and no ) If look on ragdooll 100 t Atlas who rolls from earthen hill how sled slide down icy hill. Friction, what is that? :)
Or what the dead Ostrich (do not frighten ostriches on a solid surface :))
Posted Image

Looks on perfect leg physics in MW4 (in MWO in that situation leg "pierces" texture)
Posted Image

#208 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

ECM does not block all locks, it just slows them down. You can target a mech with ECM for streaks if you get close enough.

#209 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

ECM works like this:
If you have it, it prevents all locks on you and allies within 180 m. BUT there are counters.
If an enemy shoots you or your ally with TAG (from outside your ECM range) they can get a lock (it has a 1 sec duration so they almost have to hold it on target.
If an enemy narc's you or an ally, they will be able to get a lock (30 sec duration or more if they have the module)
Narc is actually useful now.
If an enemy has BAP as the CTPL C1 (C) does, they can get a lock.

Also, there is a small band between 180 m and 200 m (or more if equiped with sensor range module (maybe 220 m?)) that an enemy can lock on you with Streaks with a BAP. IIRC. Koniving is the one to ask on this. Let's post in the QQQA thread.

Edit: I don't think they need the BAP for that last part, just the sensor range module. I remember it because only recently did BAP counter ECM, but the module has always buffed that small band where you can get a lock with streaks. Or maybe there's that 20 meters that everyone has and the module increases it farther. I forget the details on that.

Edit2: For some clarification, check out the short question short answer thread where i copynpasted this post

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 29 July 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#210 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

Ok, as for the physics, they are based on CryEngine's human ragdoll physics. That's why they are a bit...um...flexible and floppy. Also, the feet used to tilt to the ground, but they disabled it for better performance.

Oh and on an unrelated note, you don't have to mark out other player names in your screenshots if you aren't talking about how good or bad they were. If you have technical questions, it doesn't matter.

#211 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

Are you kidding when talk apout performance? :P If this game be created as Epick Games, its need max 2gb ram (or low), not have hit box lags, we can "kill" trees, cars, lanterns (what we so mutch like in old MW :blink:) game have compane, balance, and not stuped epick prices.
For one moment i think developerst start do something for all (reconnect)
Posted Image
And then I finally gave up ...

If you see futurama where Bender become human, so it seems to me, developers of this game like >
Posted Image

Maybe my opinion is not interesting, i have played close to 300 games(or more, idk), but have never been so disappointed in the game as there. 95% players here not stuped they downs, how they dont know basick team play + only team play mathes ... even in problematic game find pluses, but here only cons, biiggggg cons. For me MW dead after 4 part (but i now some times play mw4 :D)

Thanks for answers guys, against you, I have nothing, you good comrades, i delete and out game :D

Edited by KAT Editor, 03 August 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#212 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Sorry to see you leave.

#213 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:36 AM

Hey guys i found some friends who want see what is this game :D And i think i redownload game, be ready for new questions :D

I miss some free events? :D

Yes i say something bad about game, but understand me, with 200 ping i miss boxes and cant substitute the appropriate my box ) + i want buy some slots but cant, because they not add money systems what i use ) But now we kidding and no bad imotions i think :D

#214 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

Yes, lots of free stuff these days. Mechbays, premium time, heaps of Cbills -- challenges every week or two. This weekend is kill the dev time. You get a medallion if you kill a PGI employee in MWO (not via TKs ;)). Lots of connectivity issues, too, unfortunately. Your ping might be abit lower after the server move. Remember to flush your Windows DNS cache (google it, depends on the OS version you are using) to update your route to the servers.

Edited by Modo44, 13 September 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#215 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

I really wish you had a better experience with this game, KAT, it seems you really want to be a part of it, but you are hindered by technical problems, mostly connection issues. No doubt you are tossed in with bad players because the MM thinks you are bad when it's really technical issues holding you back.

#216 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostKAT Editor, on 13 September 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

Hey guys i found some friends who want see what is this game :D And i think i redownload game, be ready for new questions :D

I miss some free events? :D

Yes i say something bad about game, but understand me, with 200 ping i miss boxes and cant substitute the appropriate my box ) + i want buy some slots but cant, because they not add money systems what i use ) But now we kidding and no bad imotions i think :D

Your ping should be improving since they switched the data center. It helped plenty of the European players. I hope it helps you.

The game is getting better, and next 2 months will be AWESOME.

#217 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

Oh if they create some free mechbays before i not rage deleted game :D All slots in use and cant buy more (+rage sell my 2/3 cplt :D)

Found cool video >

Never hear about Living legends part, looks cool :D

Ok i start downloading game :D I really want buy Daishi ) Now i can buy for cb? )

#218 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostKAT Editor, on 15 September 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

Oh if they create some free mechbays before i not rage deleted game :D All slots in use and cant buy more (+rage sell my 2/3 cplt :D)

Found cool video >

Never hear about Living legends part, looks cool :D

Ok i start downloading game :D I really want buy Daishi ) Now i can buy for cb? )

Daishi not here yet. Next week. For MC, then C-Bills the one after.

Living Legends is a big mod, and it was kinda fun and good. However, I believe that there are no players left for it. (stayed online for 5 hours once, found only one other player, in another server.)

#219 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

Speaking of free stuff, pretty much everyone is getting something soon. Russ just posted this.

#220 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

Oh ok, now i have 190 ping :D (but hit box problems not missed)

Friends who i pick to this game not want play more this game ... I think pick good company for this game = good playing, but its not easy to found ) I say to you secret, newer write to Russian forums (i not about question forums) you found guys judging by that, you might think that we are stupid and aggressive. But look how many question i add here, you think i stuped? :D (wanted to learn more about the game, to offer maximum performance with the team)

We funny dead in game with one friend, shoot 12 ml with Nova, mech off, 20 secs stay offline and die ... He die first and i have time laugh before my mech die too :D

I not sure but before 300mc=3 mechbays, now only 1? D:

And i interesting can i change parts on clan mech if buy only 1 type, i think i need buy all if want place 3 dif part on 1 mech?

Yea 190 ping looks better, but i add more 2 gb memory and game crash (before crash at hight setting only), optimization no longer in vogue, but seriously if my motherboard not want use more 4gb ram (having studied at the university of programming, i not understand how game use more 4 gb, fold about all that can be there, i really interesting how they do it ) Yes i not work with cry engine, i worship UnrealEngine) this does not mean that I can not spend money on the game, i spend close to 750$ in year ) (yes its not a lot :D)

I see many funny fans picktures and models, may be some PM me link on some fan sitem interesting what they create :D
This crate one Rus guy, no idea who )
Posted Image

When i first heard about MWO i imagened up lv of perishable (may be we can nag buildings with lasers :D) but what i see, i can crush cars, trees and pillars before ) I really waing for update about which i can say friends and they can back good view about this game, and my view too :D I play MWO not because this part i like, no i dont like this part and hate developers because they turn good game in milch cow, i play because like other parts and waiting when this part be better (if it possible). Problem how i can create this game better, not sure if i write to dev "you are bad guys, what you do with game ... " they add copaign, good optimization or sonething elce :D But recognize this game have more palers who happy in it ))

May be you not interesting read it, but for me necessary spek with someone about it )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users