I Not New But I Idk This ...

322 replies to this topic

#41 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostKAT Editor, on 25 April 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

1) If i sell one of my 3 catapults i lose thay exp and master skill?

You keep the unlocks and XP, but lose a lot of Cbills. You sell for 50% of purchase value, and you lose the upgrades (e.g. double heatsinks) in case you later buy the mech again. As long as you have spare mechbays, it makes economic sense to keep all mechs.

2) Sometimes i be commander but i not selested it, its a kidding of someone? )

There is a known bug that sometimes makes you commander when you hit Space on the ready screen.

3) When i look on inventary all my mech 3 cpt and thunderbolt have one sell price, but they have different equipment ... Or only mech sold save all items

You can sell just the mech, or the mech and stuff. The stuff is typically worth keeping -- engines, weapons, etc. usually come handy for future builds. As with mechs, you only get 50% of equipment value when selling.

#42 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

The price listed in the inventory for mechs is only counting the chassis itself. That's why they are all the same price. I believe it's the same for any mech of the same weight? So the thunderbolt costs the same as a catapult.

#43 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:50 AM

Something new ) Idk how use Chain fire ...

And i want buy one balistick mech, whi more better Jagemech ot Cataphract, Cataphract 5t more heavy than Jagemech, but Jagemech arms located above and don't need go out to his full height to make the shot

Something fun ) you see how mechs go across each other ) thats more better than stick in mech )) one time Centurion stick in me (trial Victor), i run, run, run ... use jets but nothing ... and he kill me :P
And one time when we have bit time to win i found disconnected Jagermech, for up headshoots score i shoot him with lasers in cabin .. But damage the damage is distributed RT, CT and LT ... Thats problem i see with Stalker ... But when i play cplt i always pick hits to center but i every time rotate torso when reloading or heat down ...

#44 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostKAT Editor, on 02 May 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

Something new ) Idk how use Chain fire ...

Select a weapon group using the arrow keys, then press the chain fire key (Backspace by default) to switch the firing mode. This group will now be chained. Note that MWO does not allow you to chain fire more groups with one key -- this has to be done manually.

And i want buy one balistick mech, whi more better Jagemech ot Cataphract, Cataphract 5t more heavy than Jagemech, but Jagemech arms located above and don't need go out to his full height to make the shot

Both are pretty strong. On the Jager, you get high ballistic arms. On the Cataphract, you get high energy hardpoints in the torsos, and shield arms. The Cataphract 3D is the strongest heavy in the game at the moment. Given your experience with jump jets, you should enjoy it a lot. Slap an AC20 with lasers, some PPC/AC5 combo, or even a pure energy setup on it, and go shred.

Something fun ) you see how mechs go across each other ) thats more better than stick in mech )) one time Centurion stick in me (trial Victor), i run, run, run ... use jets but nothing ... and he kill me :P

Try to stop or reverse throttle in such situations. It can get mechs unstuck.

And one time when we have bit time to win i found disconnected Jagermech, for up headshoots score i shoot him with lasers in cabin .. But damage the damage is distributed RT, CT and LT ...

Mech cockpit hitboxes are very small -- much smaller than what you see. There is usually only one specific window that you need to hit in order to score a headshot.

#45 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

Wow on cplt so big center torso ( I try shoot head of Jagermech )) Thanks for builds, but i think about 2 Gaus riffles or 2 AC20 :P And mb i miss, how shoot all weapons (if all not in one group). And what about new trial mech, they swap every mounth?

#46 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

The AC5+PPC combo links up to land on the same spot most of the time (unless the shot is very far). If you like dual Gauss, you can put 2xGauss+ERPPC on the 3D for a very squishy but also extremely deadly sniper. Use arm lock to put all damage in one place. 2xPPC+2xAC5 is a more typical meta setup. Notice the much safer, standard engine, using the entire left arm and torso as a shield.

The alpha strike key ("\" by default) lets you fire all weapons together. You can remap all keys in the game settings.

I wish I knew when the trials change. It seems random to me.

#47 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

Modo44 nice builds but with arm locks i have many problems with hill maps D: mb then 4X or DD. Fun i test on testing grounds headshoot on Jagermech and i kill hem with one weapon shoot ... But wth in game i damage all he torsos with that shoot and 0 damage on head ( And with my 250 ping problem use PPC :P

#48 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

You are right, the Jagers are easier to play. You put two or more big guns on the arms (anything from dual AC5 to dual AC20, plus backup lasers), and go blow things up. The Cataphract 3D relies on jump jets. You go up, fire, turn+drop, go up, fire, turn+drop and so on -- until you run out of targets or have to relocate.

#49 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

What do you think about lrm20? ) I think with that i have epick heat up D: But what about lrm20 accuracy ...

#50 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

The spread on the LRM20 is too big even with Artemis. You will almost certainly do better with LRM15 due to the tighter spread and faster recycle. 2xALRM15+4xSSRM2 is a standard Catapult A1 build. It is especially deadly between 180 and 270 m -- where all missiles are in range.

#51 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

Ok nice build )) But lrm20 for kidding? :unsure: >

#52 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

Sure. However, even for trolling purposes, you usually get better results with LRM15s. LRM60 fits on many heavy mechs.

#53 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

And more ) I buy Atlas and he hace command console ... whats this conlose do? And intaled weapon give bonus health to part? Ty for other answers :unsure:

#54 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

The Command Console does nothing at the moment. It will probably have some use in the future, but for now, you can take it off to save the 3 tons for other stuff.

The mech's health -- its internal structure and armor -- does not depend on installed weapons. To make a location tougher, make sure it has full armor. You can also add heatsinks or other equipment in addition to weapons/ammo, making any critical hits less likely to blow up the weapons/ammo.

#55 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

What do you think about this then )

And i use cplt A1 with 6x lrm5+atermis, if i shoot all 30 they have big spread and lose accuracy of single lrm5 shoots? (shoot as two lrm15)

#56 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:42 AM

View PostKAT Editor, on 06 May 2014 - 01:28 AM, said:

What do you think about this then )

It is pretty bad, and you should try it just to see how bad. XL on a Stalker makes you a very easy target. Too many launchers with not enough missiles -- you will run dry very fast. Way too much back armor. Once you are done trolling, something like this would make more sense.

Note that either build is a missile assault, making it very reliant on your team. For real fights, PPCs and/or lasers with some (lower weight) missile launchers will work more reliably. In fact, why not try this.

And i use cplt A1 with 6x lrm5+atermis, if i shoot all 30 they have big spread and lose accuracy of single lrm5 shoots? (shoot as two lrm15)

No, they do not. The smaller the launcher, the smaller the spread. 6xALRM5 will all go to the CT on many targets.

#57 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

Seconded about the Stalkers not being XL-friendly. In fact, they're pretty good at sponging damage with their large side torsos.

However, Cats are fine for XLs, their side torsos are high up and tiny. :)

I actually quite like that build, it has a degree of versatility that most missile boats don't have. It's the one A1 build I've had any success with. When chain firing the 6xALRM5s, the last one fires just as the first one finishes reloading, so you can rain a constant screen-shaking hell down upon your enemy. What's that? Want to aim at something? NOOOPE. Do they have a lot of AMS? No problem, you can fire them all at once for what's equivalent to faster firing 2xALRM15s, and with no ghost heat too. Or, you can just keep firing the 6xALRM5 in chainfire to drain their AMS for minimal ammo expenditure, and also give away their position from the AMS fire.

CPLT-A1

#58 KAT Editor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

Why you dont like many back armour? ) I so many times play in team who cant cover my ass )) And little guys shoot my back and run and run at me
Posted Image

Now i th cplt sapport mech, but i have 3 that models ( But supports need good team, and score of my thuderbolt and atlas more better :). I buy cplt because i before in MW use only breams weapons and balisticks ... newer rockets and want to see something new at cplt with 6 rockets slots only ))

Broblem with mech slots ... how i donate if money on web m and yandex D:

#59 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:25 AM

Your team can only do so much to cover your ass (more if you drop in a group with voice comms). For the most part, it is on you to not show it, and punish anyone who tries to shoot it. The Seismic Sensor module helps a lot with that, usually giving a warning before something hugs you.

More mechbays can only be bought with MC, which is only available for real money. To buy MC, go here. There are various amounts available. The payment options depend on where you live. There is a 20% off MC sale at the moment, which you can combine with future item sales (e.g. hero mechs, camos, etc.) for an even bigger discount.

Edited by Modo44, 06 May 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#60 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostKAT Editor, on 06 May 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Why you dont like many back armour?
Frontloading is the way to go, really, unless you're running a skirmisher or the like. If you let the enemy get behind you in the first place, you've already failed. Especially in a missile boat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users