Given Wrong Mech

9 replies to this topic

#1 Keglanek

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-Upon-Tyne

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

I was trying to buy the Hunchback HBK-4SP, i made sure i highlighted the right one but i received a Hunchback HBK-4G. Is there a way to get the Mech exchanged for the one i actually bought?

Edited by Keglanek, 21 April 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

Send an email to support@mwomercs.com. They're very cool and helpful.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

Support@mwomercs.com is perfectly willing to offer a refund/exchange on mechs purchased, although generally speaking you only get one hassle free refund.

Note that today is a holiday in Canada and support won't be in the office until tomorrow; plus they'll have to deal with tickets that came in over the weekend, so any ticket sent today will take some time before it gets resolved.

#4 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

I would keep the G.

#5 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostKeglanek, on 21 April 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

I was trying to buy the Hunchback HBK-4SP, i made sure i highlighted the right one but i received a Hunchback HBK-4G. Is there a way to get the Mech exchanged for the one i actually bought?

View PostSpheroid, on 21 April 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

I would keep the G.

This.
If you don't have one already, keep it until you have hunchbacks mastered. You need to get basic and elite skills on 3 variants of the hunchback to master any one variant. Even if you don't end up keeping the G after mastering hunchbacks, you'll need it at some point.

Note - Once you have a chassis in a given weight class mastered then (when skilling another 'Mech in said weight class) you need only have 3 of each variant skilled to basic (not elite) to master any given variant.

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 21 April 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Truth be told, the 4G is a considerably better mech in my opinion. You're going to need 3 Hunchbacks at some point to make the most of your favorite one, so you may as well experiment with it.

This video is using the 4P (not 4SP), but restores the stock engine and stock armor (points but not placement of said armor) of the 4G (since the Hunchbacks all had the same stock engine and armor). Maybe it'll inspire you a bit. Point is you don't have to change much to that Hunchback (except the heatsinks; upgrade to double heatsinks) and rock people dead.

That twin PPC punch is the same that you get from the AC/20 but the AC/20 is a lot cooler (thermally) and somewhat shorter range. However as you see in that video I didn't really use it for long range anyway. Also here's a 4G in its home environment; the city. <-(chase cam; so it's watching me)

Since we're on the topic of hunchbacks... This vid is quite old, but it features a 4P and a 4SP in a side by side split-screen in the same match.

Edited by Koniving, 21 April 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#7 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

If you need the 3 mechs.. keep the 4G, it is a great Ac-20 mech, and you can pair a couple machine guns with a larger AC for fun too.

Though i must say, 5 ML's, with dual SRM's, or Streaks is an awesome mech, in the 4SP.. Both the 4g, and 4SP are my best mechs, outside of a cataphract 4X., but that thing is a killing machines. So to think an HBK can can keep up really shows you they are both very solid.

You really can't go wrong with either.. Then grab a 4J to round it out.. I know some like the 4P, but i just can't get into a laser boat HBK.. though some swear by them.

Edited by JC Daxion, 22 April 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#8 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 22 April 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

You really can't go wrong with either.. Then grab a 4J to round it out.. I know some like the 4P, but i just can't get into a laser boat HBK.. though some swear by them.

The 4J looks like fun, but if you're leveling HBKs, you can't miss the 4P. It's the best, IMO, once you get the hang of it (and double basics). Basic HBK leveling experience is: Boomback (4G,4H,GI, your choice), 4P and 4SP.

#9 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 22 April 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

The 4J looks like fun, but if you're leveling HBKs, you can't miss the 4P. It's the best, IMO, once you get the hang of it (and double basics). Basic HBK leveling experience is: Boomback (4G,4H,GI, your choice), 4P and 4SP.

4J is neat when boating heavier lasers or PPCs instead of en-massed amounts of smaller lasers, as you don't have a hunch. However, I agree with this pattern, a ballistic hunchie, 4P, and missile hunchie (4SP recommended).

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

I admit one of the great things about the 4J is to completely remove the missiles and pack the hip PPCs. No hunch, no problem. :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users