New Game Play Mode Idea

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Game Mode Yes or No Poll (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this game play mode?

1. Yes (22 votes [75.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.86%

2. No (5 votes [17.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

3. Idea needs work (2 votes [6.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Carnage

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 34 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDrop Ship

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

I am sure this has been thought of before and maybe even posted about, but if not here is my idea for a new game play mode.

This would be a lanced based mode to help foster better lance play. 6-10 (depending on the size of the map) 4 man lances drop into combat. All lances are against each other. Once everyone in a lance is destroyed the lance would re-drop into the game after a small delay, say 30 seconds and continue fighting. The game would have a time limit of 15 minutes and would run the entire time. The winners would be calculated by most kills per lance and most time alive in game total for the whole lance. Rewards would be given based on were your lanced placed compared to the rest of the lances.

All lances would consist of one of each type of Mech weight class and bonuses would be given for using trial Mechs.

Edited by AS Carnage, 21 April 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#2 sh4rpedge

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Sounds like an alright mode :D

#3 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Could be interesting. I would definitely be interested!

#4 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

How about a Battletech-like maps and Battletech-like gamemodes (defending convoys, capturing facilities, withdrawing to dropships) instead of another f*cking skirmish deathmatch?!

#5 Viper Centurion

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Cause you can't hoped too much from PGI, been here since 2011, seeing and reading all the promises, and took em 1 year+ for conquest mode and almost 2 years for the skirmish mode. And also their promises to make a respawn based gametype.

Edited by Viper Centurion, 21 April 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#6 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostAS Carnage, on 21 April 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

I am sure this has been thought of before and maybe even posted about, but if not here is my idea for a new game play mode.

This would be a lanced based mode to help foster better lance play. 6-10 (depending on the size of the map) 4 man lances drop into combat. All lances are against each other. Once everyone in a lance is destroyed the lance would re-drop into the game after a small delay, say 30 seconds and continue fighting. The game would have a time limit of 15 minutes and would run the entire time. The winners would be calculated by most kills per lance and most time alive in game total for the whole lance. Rewards would be given based on were your lanced placed compared to the rest of the lances.

All lances would consist of one of each type of Mech weight class and bonuses would be given for using trial Mechs.

So, Skirmish (masked by lance battle-royal) with respawns?
Sorry, but for me, you get destroyed, that match is over for you, so you better use your time alive to actually help the team.

#7 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

The only way I would like to see respawns, is if you dropped back in a different mech you own which is pre selected for that match as has been suggested before.

#8 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

nty. its painful enough getting into a bad match and getting smashed 12-0, I don't want to experience that for a full 15minutes of respawns.

#9 Carnage

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 34 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDrop Ship

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the feed back all. I just wanted to send the idea out there so maybe developers might see it and get some new ideas.

#10 Ronin1051

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hellz Yes! This would be like Halo's "Team Slayer"! A Team Free-for-all! Keep the game modes coming!!! They are sorely needed here!!!

#11 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

Good idea, But I had to vote no this isn't something I want them spending time on when there are fundamental problems with the games current content never mind adding more, They need to fix what they have before they expand.

#12 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

Fair Idea, i'd happily give it a go.

No way that I can see to square it with the Lore mind you but heck this is fantasy so I don't rate that as a serious objection (I suspect some might though). I'd really like to see the time limit upped for this as I do know I'd not want to bee too aggressive on a set up like this.

I think that teams that were all dead ought to be able to bail and re use those mechs a bit faster as I can see a boring long wait for the unlucky guys that got rolled early having to watch the game carry on without any team member left to affect the games out come.

Hopefully when the game has bit more basic content the Devs might take a look at this though :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users