BattleMechs News

116 replies to this topic

#101 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 22 April 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

And feel like a special snowflake by all running the same builds with different paint jobs...

Is this different then now?

#102 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostGalenit, on 22 April 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Is this different then now?

So you got my point... Congrats

#103 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

The Black Knight is a primary energy mech, I don't see how it can compete vs all the ACs with DHS 1.4 and Ghost Heat holding it back.

Hammerhands 75 tons

Bandersnatch 75 tons (3052, but hey MWO has been running for close to two years so it could slide in soon)

Zeus 80 tons (very common assault for 3050, evenly split between ballistics, missiles, and energy so it would work well.)
One of these three would be well utilized in MWO although I am sure Alex's Black Knight would look very cool.

#104 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 22 April 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

The Black Knight is a primary energy mech, I don't see how it can compete vs all the ACs with DHS 1.4 and Ghost Heat holding it back.

Hammerhands 75 tons

Bandersnatch 75 tons (3052, but hey MWO has been running for close to two years so it could slide in soon)

Zeus 80 tons (very common assault for 3050, evenly split between ballistics, missiles, and energy so it would work well.)
One of these three would be well utilized in MWO although I am sure Alex's Black Knight would look very cool.

Only reason I didnt include the Bandersnatch in my post is because it has very few canonical variants.

The Zeus should have been in a long time ago.

Edited by Harathan, 22 April 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#105 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 April 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

yup, this is an idiotic post. Congrats on that. Always taking things to extremes doesn't make a point. It jsut makes you appear clueless. Congrats on that, too.

Thanks.

All I'm saying is that you leave a wide open space there with "coolshots, armlock, and such". Basically you want a series of toggles that lets you turn any given feature on or off based on how useful you find it. Congratulations, you are every consumer ever. Likelihood of getting what you want? Zero.

Edited by Faith McCarron, 22 April 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#106 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostHarathan, on 22 April 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

The Zeus should have been in a long time ago.

how is zeus not in game yetw

wonder if it will get spines or not in game

Edited by Jin Ma, 22 April 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#107 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 22 April 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Thanks.

All I'm saying is that you leave a wide open space there with "coolshots, armlock, and such". Basically you want a series of toggles that lets you turn any given feature on or off based on how useful you find it. Congratulations, you are every consumer ever. Likelihood of getting what you want? Zero.

now that was a good post. But, If we don't ask, we never will get it though. Ask CarrionCrows. The number one reason they fixed the crotch hitbox? How hard he kept pushing and the support he got.

#108 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Carrioncrow will forever be remembered as 'the crotch guy'.

#109 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

I don't know why Harmony Gold is so stingy with its licenes anyway seeing as how there hasn't been major Robotech/Macross development in years. (Probably due to them butchering the original way back when.)

Give me a Blood Asp please:
Posted Image

#110 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 22 April 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

I don't know why Harmony Gold is so stingy with its licenes anyway seeing as how there hasn't been major Robotech/Macross development in years. (Probably due to them butchering the original way back when.)

Posted Image

I'm the guy that actually preferred Robotech to the 3 originals. Macross could stand on it's own of course, but I felt Robotech made the whole thing epic. Tis one more reason I hate HG now, they provided my favorite childhood cartoon, but have spent my adult life trying to ruin my favorite IP, while doing NOTHING with their own IP.

#111 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 April 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Panther and Wolfhound are sadly just about DOA due to PGIs hardpoint system, or lack there of.

What is one single thing the Jenner or Firestarter can't do better than either? FS9 is as fast or faster than either, the Jenner is markedly so. Both match or vastly exceed the hard points and the FS9s hitboxes really would be difficult to improve on.

Heck, you'd be hard pressed to get the Panther to 100 kph.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT both mechs in. I just don't see the point, currently.

Well, the Panther and Wolfhound -could- get a place if some of the musings of Russ on *PGI* actually gets more serious attention.

Honestly, I would kill for a Stock Only Queue. Or a regularly reoccurring Stock Only Tournament.

Edit: Should say "Russ on NGNG"

Edited by SuckyJack, 22 April 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#112 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

This would technically be incorrect as Macross Froniter came out not all that long ago. In fact Macross itself is doing just fine from my understanding. The idiots at Harmony Gold that want to pretend it's theirs? Well not so much. They've attempted to develop things but it seems for every Macross there's several Robotech's that never could never find funding or something. Fitting in a way I guess. Epic or not I'd still take Macross Plus over any of it :P

I would imagine that's one reason Harmony Gold is so protective over everything though. Can't figure out how to do anything with it (not being able to use the most popular part of their amazing series for much else) so the only place left to make money? Legal action! Makes me wish Bigwest would just stand up and crush them. They sure have enough never otherwise imported Macross they could sell to recover it seems (but probably not saddly...).

Though as far as Mechwarrior/Battletech goes I could care less I guess, but I don't have any respect for blatantly copying a design legally or otherwise even if they were great ones. No reason Battletech couldn't have had great ones of it's own...aside from the artists they tended to hire.

#113 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

i guess you want it.. ASAP :P

#114 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

we'll be even lucky if this game even MAKES it to 3058 for this mech which is 7 years from now if they are still doing the 1:1 timeline thing....

#115 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

Being on "a list" is not confirmation of the King Crab. Stop getting my hopes up like that. :P

#116 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

I'd be happy with a Guillotine. closest we would get to a Warhammer while we wish for Herpaderp Gold to one day go bankrupt, Studio Nue gets back what is rightfully theirs and is totally okay with reseen-ing the Macross designs.

#117 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

View PostSuckyJack, on 22 April 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Well, the Panther and Wolfhound -could- get a place if some of the musings of Russ on *PGI* actually gets more serious attention.

Honestly, I would kill for a Stock Only Queue. Or a regularly reoccurring Stock Only Tournament.

Edit: Should say "Russ on NGNG"

If we'll find enough people, stock tournaments could be easily organised through upcoming private matches, even free ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users