#21 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 22 April 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

Dev's also thought that Ghost Heat would be a good addition...

Anyways- I have no problem with a stealth aspect being added to the game.. there's even one in lore! It's called the Null Signature System, which later is rebuilt into Stealth Armor.

The key difference is, for that equipment to function, it takes up 3-5 critical slots (outside of the ECM, which is required but does not function while the armor is active) and it generates 10 Heat while active.

Stealth armor is completely viable in MWO, however it needs to have its drawbacks to keep it from being a no-brainer equip-and-forget system. (Why haven't the devs haven't added any new ECM capable mechs if it is a "reasonable" departure?)

And just as a side note- the Stealth Armor would serve the purpose you were talking about: Stealth Armor is toggled on/off, and while it is active, the ECM field is shut down, so you get a double bonus: True stealth (not being locked) and the ECM shuts off! All for the low low price of 5-7 critical spaces and firing a PPC constantly. THAT is a balanced piece of equipment.

In regards to being able to toggle AMS on/off.. yeah, I'd totally get behind that.

If ECM is as OP as you claim, then imagine the outcry over stealth armor. I think a simple on/off switch for ECM will suffice in the meantime while they think about stealth armor. A power switch to turn the ECM module or any other technology on/off is well within the boundaries of 3050 technology (per your lore concerns) and most pilots could likely install it over the weekend in their garage.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 22 April 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#22 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 22 April 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

If ECM is as OP as you claim, then imagine the outcry over stealth armor. I think a simple on/off switch for ECM will suffice in the meantime while they think about stealth armor. A power switch to turn the ECM module or any other technology on/off is well within the boundaries of 3050 technology (per your lore concerns) and most pilots could likely install it over the weekend in their garage.

???

MWO Guardian ECM ****IS**** Stealth Armor. (minus the thermal reduction- and thermals don't work properly yet anyways) *AND* minus the crit slots and heat generation...

#23 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 22 April 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

???

MWO Guardian ECM ****IS**** Stealth Armor. (minus the thermal reduction- and thermals don't work properly yet anyways) *AND* minus the crit slots and heat generation...

Okay, here's the bottom line, I want an on/off switch for the current ECM. You do not. The rest of this discussion is pointless and could go on perpetually. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users