Option For Stripped Mechs.

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Buy a stripped mech? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be able to buy a stripped down chassis?

1. Yes (11 votes [61.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

2. No (7 votes [38.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Basilisk222

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 288 posts
  • LocationElmira Heights

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

I think it would help metagame playtime and newbies alike by making the purchase of mechs stripped, kind of like a kit car.

You buy the chassis you want with the intent of outfitting it with equipment you have already.

Lets say you want to buy a Griffin, but you really don't care about the stock engine, since your'e going to plop an engine you already have in there as soon as you buy it.

So you buy the chassis with no weapons or engine at a discount, then outfit the hardpoints yourself. Most mech's would be a few million less c-bills to buy.

Obviously this isn't something new players would like to do, but for mastery of chassis and metagame play, especially players who are looking to buy a mech, master it and then just sell it again, it'd be a really nice thing to play with.

#2 Androas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Would love too, after some refitting of your mechs, you start to collect tons of weapons and ammo anyway, sometimes even spare engines, so id rather had the option to grab a plain chassis for a reduced prize.

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Greetings all,

I would like to see both modes being normally available.

1. For the average player that just wants to buy and get it into gameplay, Mech's as we have now.

2. For those looking to simply "fill in" missing variants, or provide a discount service, have this option.

Call this purchase option "Factory Direct Discount", but only standard systems are mounted.

- remember some variants arrive standard with Endo steel, FF armour, Dbl Heat Sinks, or even XL engines.
~ these would need to be removed if your purchasing the Discount Factory chassis.
(and may end up costing you nearly the same to rebuild as a fully loaded Mech.)

As you stated, any Pilot that has been playing for a while, and has been changing systems, weapons, parts around on their owned Mech's does start to collect quite a few items in there inventory.

As we get Community Warfare injected into the game and Faction', Merc's, actually exist as separate entities, this purchase option may be built in. Specific House's, Planets or Factories produce these Mech's and who owns or controls these elements will effect what can be openly purchased.
~ Your Affiliation/Faction owns or controls the Mech factory, this Direct Purchase is available.
~ Technically, the empty variant chassis should be dirt cheap, remove the weight of the weapons, special equipment, engine and even the transport/shipping weight is very low.
(and in game story wise, easily transported through customs, inspection, security areas as it is classed as non-operational.)

There is that one little issue, that once you remove all the special equipment, and systems, it's actually not that variant any more. Only retaining the ability to mount the unique elements for that model, and it's load out.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 21 April 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#4 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

Who voted no? Why would you not want this option available? I really hate having to go into my inventory and sell 100s of SHS and MLs.

It doesn't even have to be a deal, just make the price the exact same as if I bought it (at full price) and sold all the parts (at the discounted price) makeing nothing different other than not having to strip it and sell the parts yourself.

#5 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

OEM mechs.

Yes pls.

#6 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

I made a thread about this same issue pretty much quite a while ago, and I still think it should be allowed, especially when wanting to buy a mech that comes with an XL engine in its stock build that you don't want to use, WHOOPS there goes several million c-bills down the drain.

#7 xXMastahclese

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts
  • LocationWork, always work :P

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

I voted yes to this but am wondering how this would effect in game economics..?

View PostBobzilla, on 22 April 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Who voted no? Why would you not want this option available? I really hate having to go into my inventory and sell 100s of SHS and MLs.

It doesn't even have to be a deal, just make the price the exact same as if I bought it (at full price) and sold all the parts (at the discounted price) makeing nothing different other than not having to strip it and sell the parts yourself.

I agree with you Bobzilla but would be worried that, in the end, prices would go up to counter buying stripped down mechs. Either the mechs themselves or worse of all, weapon systems.

*EDIT* spelling error and spacing.

Edited by Mastahclese, 22 April 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#8 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostMastahclese, on 22 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I voted yes to this but am wondering how this would effect in game economics..?

I agree with you Bobzilla but would be worried that, in the end, prices would go up to counter buying stripped down mechs. Either the mechs themselves or worse of all, weapon systems.

*EDIT* spelling error and spacing.

This wouldn't effect anything other than saving players the time of doing it themselves. As far as the stats would go it would be just the same, full bought, parts sold.

This could even be done with MC only mechs, now that you can by cbills with MC. It would just be the MC cost of the mech would be the same for stripped down, but you'd get cbills along with it that equal what you would have sold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users