- - - - -

Wasted 8 Mil C-Bills Buying A Duplicate Mech

store

20 replies to this topic

#1 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

I had purchased the STK-3F(C) a little while ago.
After getting the STK-5M, I decided to get the regular STK-3F (non champion) as my 3rd variant to complete my basic skills and unlock mastery for the Stalker.

8 million c-bills and a few matches later, I realized that the 3F doesn't count as a 3rd variant if you already own the 3F(C).

As a new player, I had asked someone in a game and they told me it counted, but now I realize it doesn't.
The game doesn't tell you either. There's no warning telling you you can't use the mech you're about to buy for unlocking the mastery skills.

I emailed support asking them if I could swap my 3F for a different variant, but it's been roughly 24 hours and I haven't heard anything back.

Guess I keep waiting?

Edited by Halcyon201, 21 April 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#2 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

The 3F(C) and 3F count as the same. That is why it won't master.

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 21 April 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

The 3F(C) and 3F count as the same. That is why it won't master.

He realized that.

Frankly this is one of those points where I cannot be much help - this was one of those things that seemed obvious to me. :)

You could try getting ahold of support, I am told they are good for one free refund, but as today is a holiday over in Canada, you probably wont hear from them till tomorrow at the soonest.

#4 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

yeah, contact support, they should reply, or potentially give you the difference in cost between selling the 3F you bought and the one you want (likely letting you keep the 3Fs engine and weapons in this case)

or potentially, if able to, just switch the 3F for the one you wanted.

Edited by Ovion, 21 April 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#5 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

well you CAN play the 3f when the 3f is in match with two...... would help speed up mastering.....

#6 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 21 April 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

well you CAN play the 3f when the 3f is in match with two...... would help speed up mastering.....

What? I don't understand what you wrote.

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostHalcyon201, on 21 April 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

What? I don't understand what you wrote.

Taking the second one into a match while the first one is still locked - does add a bit to the XP generation

#8 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 April 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Taking the second one into a match while the first one is still locked - does add a bit to the XP generation

Oh, yeah but I don't have the equipment to fully outfit two, plus I already have more xp then I need for the 3F variant.

#9 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 April 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

You could try getting a hold of support, I am told they are good for one free refund,

This will be your best bet.

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Send in a ticket to support, tell them you didn't realize it was not a different mech, and ask them to switch it for the one you want.. (or just refund, which might be easier, if they are not the same price)

They should do it at least once for a big screw up for a novice.... But when in doubt always ask on the newbie forums first. People will always get back to you with in an hour or two 99% of the time.

#11 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

If support doesn't quite work, you might want to try out selling off the 3F and hopefully have enough C-bills for another Stalker, don't think it's convenient however so hopefully support works. Good luck. :)

#12 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Support is on holiday. You'll need to wait until they get back into the office and clear the support queue buildup ahead of you. It might take another day or two.

#13 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I had guessed they are on holiday. I haven't heard anything so far so I'll just keep waiting.

#14 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

just keep playing your STK-3F(C) until you either get a resolution from support or can afford the new mech you were after
each tier of unlocks for your mechs is 21,500xp
so if you have unlocked all your basics then save up 21,500xp for elite and again for master
then as you get your second and third chassis up to line, bam you get to insta unlock everything

it feels pretty good to spend all that xp at once too i might add :angry:

#15 Fuggles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

that sucks man, hopefully you can get the cost to buy another offset. this is one of the many things that isnt very clear to new players starting out. another reason to tag along with some vets to get you started in the right direction.

#16 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

Never ask in a match. Always come to the forums and ask. People in match will never understand the question and interpret it incorrectly.

#17 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:54 AM

I did the same with Centurion some time ago and got a refund. They are quite nice here... Though I had to promise never to do that again

#18 Ignatz22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

Sirs;

Ok this is speculative, but I know some prominent folks are purchasing second chassis for the "Dropship" that is supposedly coming. The idea as explained to me was that each player would have 4 slots on the dropship, and if eliminated in-game could drop with the next mech in line. As the Drop Composition would favor 4 of the same weight and if you're a Stalker pilot, having a second MIGHT work out in the LONG RUN.

Of course, getting your C-Bills back and buying what you needed in the first place would be preferable, but if this doesn't come to pass and you like the mech, consider this alternative.

Best of Luck.

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

Ugh, sorry to hear that.

1) Champions are not unique variants, simply they are better initially equipped versions of standard CB available variants that require MC to purchase, and give a 10% XP boost.

2) Most in-game chat folks want to help, but it's best to verify anything they say. Not only can normally helpful people be snarky in game (myself included), but it's easy to get confused (on both ends), you can't really scroll up, and, you know, folks are occasionally busy doing other things :P

3) Support will offer a 1 time refund on a mech purchase, but that's usually if you buy it with MC and didn't want to. They might be able to help with CBs though.

#20 Octopot

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostBront, on 24 April 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Ugh, sorry to hear that.

1) Champions are not unique variants, simply they are better initially equipped versions of standard CB available variants that require MC to purchase, and give a 10% XP boost.

2) Most in-game chat folks want to help, but it's best to verify anything they say. Not only can normally helpful people be snarky in game (myself included), but it's easy to get confused (on both ends), you can't really scroll up, and, you know, folks are occasionally busy doing other things ;)

3) Support will offer a 1 time refund on a mech purchase, but that's usually if you buy it with MC and didn't want to. They might be able to help with CBs though.

good info...was thinking of the 3-F(C) when I already had another stalker similarly configured already lol..

I once bought a mech with mc when in fact I had cbills for it, just clicked to fast to noticed my mistake, anyway I am approaching 100,000,000 cbills at the moment so it was annoying to see it default your purchase to MC credits.

There should be a pop-up on purchase to notify you having ehough CBILLS instead of using MC for the purchase, yeah it is a secondary confirmation on a regular mech of all things, or default purchasing to CBILLS first on standard mechs, if they are forcing MC on the Champion/Hero variants at least.

Edited by Octopot, 24 April 2014 - 05:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users