• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 April 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Here, listen to this, starting at about 20:00. They're planning, as of this podcast, to allow any 'mechs into PuG play, any 'mechs into private matches, and to have a "Faction Mode" where you're playing as a faction player (and presumably will have restrictions in what 'mechs you can take.)

And since pug matches don't matter except to grind cbills and exp, and I have no real interest in esports, that leaves faction matches as the only thing I am concerned about. Thus I will not be purchasing Clan mechs. ;)

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

If Clan and IS mechs drop on the same teams it makes factions utterly and completely pointless as anything but a picture next to your name.

#23 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 April 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

If Clan and IS mechs drop on the same teams it makes factions utterly and completely pointless as anything but a picture next to your name.

This is true, but the same can be said for not having restrictions on IS faction spacific mechs and people seem not to care much about that.
I think their problem is they are worried they won't sell as many things if your faction limits what you can drop in along with it being a big kick in the pants to founders and people who purchased mech prior to these limits being annouced. I'm also going out on a limb and say people wouldn't be that upset if they have private and 'open' ques to drop in their non-faction mechs.

#24 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

The problem is that CW has taken too long and players never had any incentive to use 'House specific' mechs, they could just cherry pick the 'best of the best'. If Steiners didn't have easy (or equal) access to Jenners as Kurita, we might have more Commandos. Not everyone would have Jagers and Cataphracts. There would be more reason for PGI to balance 'underperforming' chassis, since it might be the only thing a specific faction would be using.

As is, the plan to have CW effect mech pricing will do absolutely nothing to everyone on this forum because we already own the mechs we want. It will make it so that new players would be 'punished' by joining factions that don't have the real 'heavy hitters'.

#25 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

CW hasn't taken too long if it turns out to be well done. If it turns out to be done poorly then it doesn't matter when it comes out.

#26 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 April 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

And since pug matches don't matter except to grind cbills and exp, and I have no real interest in esports, that leaves faction matches as the only thing I am concerned about. Thus I will not be purchasing Clan mechs. ;)

I guess if you want to run Clan mechs in CW, then join a Clan. If you want to play only Marik all the time and only want to do CW matches once they're available, then run IS mechs and don't buy a Clan pack.

That said, I suspect we'll see some kind of mechanic to allow Clan mechs for IS players eventually (the salvage argument again, for in-universe reasons, and the play-what-you-own argument for business reasons).

#27 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 22 April 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

I guess if you want to run Clan mechs in CW, then join a Clan. If you want to play only Marik all the time and only want to do CW matches once they're available, then run IS mechs and don't buy a Clan pack.

That said, I suspect we'll see some kind of mechanic to allow Clan mechs for IS players eventually (the salvage argument again, for in-universe reasons, and the play-what-you-own argument for business reasons).

Well if PGI wants my money for Clan mechs they had better come out and say that IS players can use Clan mechs in CW before I give that money to Star Citizen.

#28 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 April 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Well if PGI wants my money for Clan mechs they had better come out and say that IS players can use Clan mechs in CW before I give that money to Star Citizen.

LOL Marik only had a handful of units fighting the Clans in 3050... IF any!
Posted Image
No Clan for you!

#29 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Ah the complete gambit of misinformation in this thread, all due to the fact that we get no info on the offical forums.
Every bit comes from 160 characters of half baked tweets.

#30 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 April 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Posted Image
No Clan for you!

I know, right? That is what makes CW so confusing. Are Marik and Liao ever going to even see them in CW? Is the FRR really as doomed as they are in canon? It's all a mystery.

#31 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 April 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

I hope the Public que as mentioned before by Durant Carlyle will be here, therefore we can still sorta play like this (IS and Clan on same teams), but there will also be the faction que which brings in what you've said above. Just like in past Mechwarrior games, there should be something akin to an Instant Action mode, where players can screw around as much as possible.

BTW, thank you Durant Carlyle for posting where you got that info, hopefully it's still followed. :P

#32 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 21 April 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

There will be three queues.

Public -- Any and all 'Mechs are accepted. A.K.A. Instant Action.

Faction -- Players who join an I.S. faction can only pilot I.S. 'Mechs. Players who join a Clan faction can only pilot Clan 'Mechs. This will be the Community Warfare mode.

12-man -- Players get to choose limitations.

this is what we're hoping for as well as the instant action queue winners if on a faction add winner points to border planets being fought over. the faction tab solos and groups of any together doing all the main fights sometimes againts mercs teams. and the 12 man are factories/ garrison planets only puting their e-peen flags on stuff but under faction contracts based on border ownerships.

well that's the sort of thing i was hoping for.

#33 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 April 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Well if PGI wants my money for Clan mechs they had better come out and say that IS players can use Clan mechs in CW...

Might as well just put the money into SC now.

And I, for one, am glad it's this way.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 23 April 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#34 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 21 April 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

There will be three queues.

Public -- Any and all 'Mechs are accepted. A.K.A. Instant Action.

Faction -- Players who join an I.S. faction can only pilot I.S. 'Mechs. Players who join a Clan faction can only pilot Clan 'Mechs. This will be the Community Warfare mode.

12-man -- Players get to choose limitations.

So how does the Solo queue and Group play queue envisaged intermesh with this structure? Is it another step down in the process or is it in substitution?

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 April 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Posted Image
No Clan for you!

None in canon that I know of, not until 3058 and Coventary officially. Not sure if they actually fought though, think it was just safcon, hergira, bye bye JF.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users