Some (Maybe) Helpful Insights For Completely New Mech Warrior Players

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dirty Old Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:29 AM

First time giving this type of messages. Wanted to ensure I've played at least a thousand games before I do any posting of this sort.

Will talk about what essential skills a new pilot needs to get right off the bat as they say.

IMHO (Humble) Priority...

1) Get Heat Management skills as fast as possible, the games mostly drops you in to very hot maps on a frequent rate. When in colder maps also helps loads.

2) Basic Mech movement traits in my order
a) Arms twisting speed
:( Torso twisting speed
c) Legs movement speed

3) Weapon fire rates ( My argument is without experience in mech heat management and mech movements, getting this first is a fastest way to overheat powered down can of whop-ass by your opponents.)

4) Max out anything else in Basics for all 3 variants to unlock Double Ups for Basics when you finished off at least 2 Elites.... That will increase all basics on heat management, movements up to 100% more !

Thats all folks, its a tough cookie to break into but once you played it up, you will love it as a solo drop and even more awesome when friends group up and take down larger and tougher Preys...

Have Fun !!!

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

You need to fully elite a mech to get the double basics on it.

I like the rest of your tips, and I will confirm that heat management might be the most important of the skills you listed.

I would add to it these points though:

1- Learn what icons mean (empty targeting triangle vs. Full targeting triangle, ECM, NARC, TAG ... etc.)

2- Learn your terrain (not just the layout of the map, but also inclination effect on speed)

3- Learn approach paths

4- Don't rush blindly, and when it is time to rush the enemy team, make sure your team is doing it in one massive wave, and not one at a time.

#3 RapidFire7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 412 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

I believe you guys are missing out a vital point: teamwork (not saying the ones stated above are any less vital)

You may have all the skills in the world, but if you can't work as a team or you simply refuse to aid your fellow players, I vaguely remember seeing an uninstall icon in the MWO files on my C Drive...

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostRFMG567, on 27 April 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

I believe you guys are missing out a vital point: teamwork (not saying the ones stated above are any less vital)

You are absolutely correct. We should have included that from the get-go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users