10 replies to this topic

#1 alby910

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

Hi

First question can we convert MC to GXP
Secondly how do I get the advance zoom , do I need to get the zoom feature from GXP and then purchase the zoom for modules , currently I have the required C bills however it still shows as locked

Thanks
Newbie Mech

#2 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

Not directly, but you can use MC to convert Mech XP to GXP. They often have sales which half the MC cost of doing this, so it may be worth hanging on and waiting for one of these if you can.

First you need to unlock the module using GXP, then you need to purchase it with C-Bills, then just slot it in the mech.

#3 alby910

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond

#4 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

Also note that once you buy one advanced zoom module you can remove it and switch it to a new mech to save cbills.

#5 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Also, unless you are working at extreme ranges, you may want to stick with "Z" instead of advanced zoom ("AZ") as you get closer in AZ can be difficult due to shake and other issues.

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

Welcome to MW:O

Advanced Zoom is one of the first modules many people purchase because of it's low GXP cost and it's affordability, it's great on mainly sniper mechs, but can work with almost every set up.

I will also recommend that you pair it with Target Info Gathering, as it will allow you to identify weaknesses in your opponents quickly, and allow you to conserve ammo by killing them more efficiently.

Advanced Sensor Range can help as well, but you honestly should be far enough away that other people are doing the spotting for you.

Now, as you play mechs you will accumulate XP on them (if you go to your mech stats page on your profile here, or the skills screen in the MW:O client, you can view how much XP you have on mechs {should be noted, that the mech stats page allows you to see accumulated XP for mechs you have sold as well}). That XP can pile up on mechs that you have already mastered. That's where XP-to-GXP conversions come in.

When you have MC you can convert Mech XP into GXP by spending MC. Generally a good idea, especially if you have a GXP conversion sale (I believe we just had one recently). The rates are decent, but to get the most bang for your buck, sales are better, however, the sales are not as often as people would like, and so I have no idea when the next sale would be.

Usually when they give out special offers, sales come shortly after.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 23 April 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#7 RLBell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

If you begin the process of selling a mech, before you are committed to the sale, the User Interface shows what modules are installed in the mech. It is still a slog to go through too many mechs to find the one module, but it is faster than using the mech build editor to find them. If you get through all of your mechs and still cannot find the module, it is in a mech that you are not allowed to sell.

#8 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

I'll say this I bought advanced zoom and found it pretty useless to me rarely use it , Make sure you really think you need it before you commit.

#9 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

And don't forget to zoom back out when fighting closer enemies...

#10 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 23 April 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

I'll say this I bought advanced zoom and found it pretty useless to me rarely use it , Make sure you really think you need it before you commit.

On the other hand, if you're like me, playing on low settings and in windowed mode to keep the FPS up and the game playable, you'll probably like Advanced Zoom. Great for targeting those weak spots at 600+ meters.

But like others have said, don't overuse it, it destroys close situational awareness and don't use it on close targets as it will actually make your aim harder.

#11 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 23 April 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

On the other hand, if you're like me, playing on low settings and in windowed mode to keep the FPS up and the game playable, you'll probably like Advanced Zoom. Great for targeting those weak spots at 600+ meters.

But like others have said, don't overuse it, it destroys close situational awareness and don't use it on close targets as it will actually make your aim harder.

True in most cases, Although I've seen some people use it to great effect at 150-200 meters. However, that takes a LOT of practice. Rule of thumb, if they are within 200 meters, stop zooming in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users