- - - - -

Trial 'mech Question

10 replies to this topic

#1 InsertRubiksCube

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

I heard somewhere that every (x) the trial 'mechs would rotate. Is that true?

#2 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

PGI periodically changes them up. They used to do so on a fairly regular schedule...that schedule has become a bit more erratic. But yes, they WILL eventually switch up.

#3 InsertRubiksCube

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Awesome, I was hoping to try out a Firestarter before buying it.

#4 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostInsertRubiksCube, on 22 April 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Hmmm...don't get your hopes up TOO high, there's no list of rotation...next light mech could be anything...honestly if you REALLY want to try it first, the best way, at the moment, would be to make an alt account, get your 15-25 wins, buy one, and mess around with it.

That said, I'll vouch for them. They're a TON of fun, and very competitive. You could totally just get them and have a blast (if lights are your thing...if you aren't sure...well...alt account tryouts)

Edited by Ghost Badger, 22 April 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#5 InsertRubiksCube

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, I'm a light mech player, so I guess I'll just buy it and mess with it. If I don't like it I'll sell it or something ;) Thank you for the information!

#6 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostInsertRubiksCube, on 22 April 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm a light mech player, so I guess I'll just buy it and mess with it. If I don't like it I'll sell it or something ;) Thank you for the information!

Sure thing. It's handles like a Jenner with a Commando profile, with slightly worse vertical movement, but with better loadout options. It can be VERY easy to ride the heat line in most of them...and the Ember is just a blast. 4 ML 4 MG...runs cool, great in a number of situations. A giant killer...slightly gimped in a light duel when both are fresh.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 22 April 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

Keep in mind they only use CHAMPION mechs as trial now, so generally they make 1 new trial/champion a month. Chances of seeing a Firestarter as a trail any time soon is slim.

All the trials rotated in the first patch of April, but they do not change them regularly enough to know if they will change next patch or not.

#8 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

A try before buy would be nice anyhow. Even if it's only on the training grounds...

#9 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostJherej, on 22 April 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

A try before buy would be nice anyhow. Even if it's only on the training grounds...

Agreed.

#10 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

I will encourage you to try the FS9 out, if you liked playing lights, and had no problem playing commando/spider, you will love these guys. One of the best lights out there (a bit gigantic in size compared to the commando) and carries great firepower. I own all of them, Well, all but the "H", will get that as soon as I am done mastering the K. I even got the Ember.

They're fast, hard hitting, and got decent armor too. You actually don't need to run max engine to survive in them. I personally think that an XL 280 or 285 makes them shine better as it allows you to put almost full weapons and equipment. Even an XL275 won't really harm them. It's also very hilarious to see a firestarter running around with 2AC5s, pinging people without them noticing where the shots are coming from.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

View PostInsertRubiksCube, on 22 April 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

I heard somewhere that every (x) the trial 'mechs would rotate. Is that true?

Yes. Once described as once a week, then once a patch, and then once a month. I think it's between once 1 to 2 months (bit of a pain if you ask me).

Right now they only rotate Champion mechs due to balancing issues (with no R&R every mech is fully upgraded so stock mechs would be screwed). There will need to be a Firestarter champion mech before you can 'try' one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users