Game Wont Load

2 replies to this topic

#1 Malfeasant Reprobate

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

Yesterday I removed and re-installed MWO and now the game wont load. Patcher comes up, ran the patch, hit play, get a flash of the login window and then back to desktop. Ran the repair tool no change. Sent email to customer support...as of yet nothing but the automated reply.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Greetings,

Ensure that the reinstalled "MWO exe" shortcut you use to start the game is running in Admin privileges mode.

- It requires admin priv. to access and open a few specific parts of MWO, especially the connection and communication parts of the program.
- Also if you are running in 64 bit mode, there may be older Dx9c components that are now missing, as the newer win 7 64bit does not install it any longer.
- Be advised that the latest MWO install, places it's files in a different location than the original early Beta version and updates.
- During the initial install of the Game download, that part of the program must also have admin privileges, as it installs files to admin restricted only locations.

- Also, insure that if you installed the additional MWO Public Test server version you remove that, may not effect your original game, but there might be some links to the original or between both. (may mean nothing, but it's not working now.)

With some programs a new install works better or just works if you do the install, then restart the computer before running.

9erRed

#3 Malfeasant Reprobate

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

You were right, thank you. Actually the reason I removed & re-installed was to change the UAC settings to off so I could have SpeedFan run automatically at PC startup. Looks like I will be starting SpeedFan manually, although I am pretty sure I had it set up that way before. Again thanks for the reply as I still havent heard from Customer Support.
Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users