No replies to this topic

#1 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

so i'm over 3500 games played in the last year and although it took me a very long time (i'm a slow learner lol), i have my mech maneuvering down pat - i can make any of my mechs maneuver any way i want without thinking about it so i can concentrate on accurate aiming and evasion at the same time without much of a sweat

i have no idea how other experienced players maneuver their mechs but i would guess a lot if not most use the arrow keys to give them maximum control. i do use the arrow keys on occasion but usually in specific brawl situations when i'm using pinpoint weapons - otherwise i almost exclusively use the 'center legs' key binding to get my legs to point where my crosshair is, the main reason being is that it allows me to aim smoothly while keeping my legs in the general direction of the target when i'm brawling so i can keep energy weapon beams on target for the whole duration of their 1 second duration

however, there's been 1 thing driving me NUTS about using the 'center legs' key - if point my crosshair to a specific direction, press 'center legs', then move my crosshair BEFORE my legs get to the specific direction i wanted, then my legs will KEEP FOLLOWING my crosshair and then ultimately my legs will not turn to the direction i wanted it to travel in.

therefore what i propose is:
when i point my crosshair to a specific direction, then press the 'center legs' key once, my legs should then turn and point to that specific direction i asked it to and stay there no matter where i move my crosshair after i pressed the 'center legs' key

i think this would make maneuvering mechs for NEW PLAYERS much much easier and much less frustrating - point to where you want to go, press the 'center legs' key, and then no matter how crazily you twist your torso after, your legs will move themselves into the direction you wanted when you hit the 'center legs' key. this might give new players a chance to learn to have better control over their mechs earlier in their MWO experience and give them a chance at being more competitive earlier. learning to control your mech isn't easy - this ain't no Call of Duty so controlling torso and legs separately is a new skill for most people - so every opportunity should be make the learning phase as easy and short as possible

Edited by JagdFlanker, 22 April 2014 - 10:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users