- - - - -

Teamwork!

31 replies to this topic

#1 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Can't tell you how often I've been in a fight where the lowest hitter on my team has been 250-300 and the lowest hitter on the enemy team has been about 100 with our highest hitter way higher then there highest hitter.

Yet we've still lost due to our guys not working together not concentrating fire its extremely frustrating , And you feel powerless when you see them all spreading fire splitting up more so when your on a support role load out.

If they aren't working together it makes it extremely hard to support effectively damn near impossible.

#2 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

I dunno. This whole "working together to reach our mutual goal of victory" thing seems pretty sketchy.

#3 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'll assume that's sarcasm. Although i'll admit I've made mistakes let my team down once or twice mainly due to the fact the only mech I use at the moment has no way of countering ecm .

I generally try to keep back up near me but if the team wants to position themselves in a suicidal spot that makes halve my weapons useless I ain't following , when I try to tell them I get ignored or told l2p.

I've fallen victim to making the mistake of walking face first into the ecm atlas and his 4 buddies more then once and there isn't that much u can do if by some miracle you manage to get out of it you'll be heavily damaged.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 22 April 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#4 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

teamwork... hmm must be an upgrade module or something..

Seriously though, the problem is the majority of matches involve mixed fruit.. that is to say I've dropped into a team which had their shit together and we wiped the opposition, and other (which is most) times it's guys making funny jokes and spreading out and dying in 3 minutes... and then moaning and stuff...

I've lost count the amount of matches I lost today due to team mates not supporting my push. Funny part is as an Atlas, when I don't push, I get moaned at.. and when I do, everyone just sits back and watches me get torn apart by 5 mechs...

Oh the tyranny of this game and its filthy noob pilots..

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

We've got two scenarios here.
First scenario. You tell people who to shoot.
"Target A"
Everyone who can shoots A.
'A' dies promptly.

Second scenario. You don't tell people who to shoot.
"...."
Everyone shoots what they want.
'A' not only lives but kills you and wipes out the team.

So, what have we learned?

#6 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostKoniving, on 22 April 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

"Target A"
'A' dies promptly.

"...."

Shoot target 'A.' Every game. Regardless of what it is.

Seriously though, I think there is a diagram floating around here somewhere that illustrates two teams of four firing on each other. One team focus fires and the other has everyone shooting a different mech. Then they use the lost art of mathematics to prove focus fire is better.

EDIT: Found it! It was here (a good thread to read btw).

Posted Image

Edited by Rouken, 22 April 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#7 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm guessing this is pug related, with the average pug having a collective IQ similar to a moderately clever dog I don't hold my breath waiting for teamwork.

Sit back for a match and watch how it plays out, it's amusing most of the time, pathetic part of the time and very occasionally impressive.

4-6 People bunch up at a the same choke point and stand there as ACs and LRMS decimate the front row of the bunch, do they move back after they see the mechs explode? nope they stand there and take the next volley (often standing behind the front line shooting them in the back/legs)

They're clearly informed that most of the enemy team are flanking them across open ground, do they make any attempt to move/counter/defend? nope they stand in the same place firing at the 1-2 sniper/boats across the map and then scatter in a panic as most of the enemy team unload on them from behind.

Trying to make any difference on a personal level is just a suicide mission for the most part, maybe you can spam R enough on the incoming enemy group that people notice and take some action. Usually you can die trying to engage the enemy with perhaps a single other player helping..you might slow them down, you'll probably get rushed and die when they realise they outnumber you 4-10 to 1.

I'm almost tempted to join proper voice coordinated groups just to see if this happens in there aswell.

#8 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

I've shouted out letters for targets more then once been listened to once ironically the one time I was listend to was when aside from my lance our entire team was spread out we were near the enemy base trying to salvage what we knew without a quit cap was a loss.

4 of us the enemy team had 2 lances protecting base obviously figured after seeing the rest of the team running round cluelessly the smart ones would try to salvage it .

We were outgunned 8-4 under massive pressure yet I called out targets and 1 by 1 we took them down till there were 2 of them left and 2 of us , at that point we went for the cap and succeeded salvaging what would of been a loss.

They clearly weren't focusing fire cause 8 against 4 should of been a stomp.

Fact is type all your want majority of the time Rambo thinks he knows best.

#9 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

That solo pugging is the most annoying and pointless way to play this game as trying to coordinate 11 other players is futile in most cases as there are to many 'playing for fun' types who are not concerned with victories, only there for the shyts and giggles. Which ruins the experience for those who do care and play FTW. Play in groups or don't bother, or have alt accts for those solo pug moments as to avoid the excessive idiocy that is solo pugging.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

If you're not having fun, why would you play? :angry:

There's a group only queue coming. Do not know if it will have the 3/3/3/3 rule or not but most likely it will.

Group sizes of 2 thru 10 allowed.

Source.

#11 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostKoniving, on 22 April 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

The anger fuels my stubborn idiot streak.

#12 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 22 April 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

I've shouted out letters for targets more then once been listened to once ironically the one time I was listend to was when aside from my lance our entire team was spread out we were near the enemy base trying to salvage what we knew without a quit cap was a loss.

To be fair, the bug that CHANGED the targeting designation when UAV was around did NOT help with this. Especially since UAV should be conveying an advantage, not messing with one :angry:

Hopefully it'll be easier with it fixed now!

Edited by Ghost Badger, 22 April 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#13 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

There's a group only queue coming. Do not know if it will have the 3/3/3/3 rule or not but most likely it will.

Group sizes of 2 thru 10 allowed.

Source.

Its only fun when winnng, thus the reason I rarely play solo on my main, primarily go to an alt when doing solo battles. :ph34r:

Not sure as of yet what all the details are for 'private matches' and what not, so taking a wait and see approach until it is implemented. More than anything I see the private lobbies/matches being used primarily for tourney matches and practices and similar stuff. Also do not think they should have 'rewards' as it would be easily manipulated for padding purposes, but again will have to wait and see I suppose.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Making videos too.
And yeah I agree on that. Also if R&R comes back I imagine it will not have "costs," but as such using consumables should not 'cost' either due to the lack of gains.

#15 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Because I like the raw chaos sometimes? :ph34r:

But that falls under the having fun doesn't it. :ph34r:

#16 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

"Target A"
'A' dies promptly.

"...."

I learned you forgot a scenario.
You tell people to shoot Target A.
All 12 players try to shoot A shooting each other in the back and sides because they have to GET THAT KILL! A dies while the rest beat the heck outta you assisted by FF.
Really sucks when A is a Light with speed.

Would work better at the Lance level but not the Blob.

#17 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

I have to admit it seems to happen a lot where you start a fight and within a minute your alpha lance completely disintegrates.

I think its a case of pre mades thinking there PuG's are worthless and the opposing teams PuG's are worthless. So they run into hell thinking there god and get exterminated.

Kind of funny when I've got over the initial ffs lost another lance the first minute of battle frustration.

#18 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Do the lances actually mean something then?

#19 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 22 April 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Do the lances actually mean something then?

No they are completely random and the blue and green arrows mean you should get away from them as far as you can. The more red arrows are around you the better because red means warm and warm is good.

#20 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostJherej, on 22 April 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

No they are completely random and the blue and green arrows mean you should get away from them as far as you can. The more red arrows are around you the better because red means warm and warm is good.

Thanks for the sarcasm..I'll be generous and assume you thought I was being sarcastic aswell and responded in kind.
I wasn't being sarcastic though, it was a genuine question..I thought lances were indeed random for pugs and something that had meaning in premade groups.

It's not something I've ever considered before and the "within a minute your alpha lance completely disintegrates." comment made me curious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users