• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

I came here to play a futuristic war game, Nothing else. So since I am here to kill toons in a loud and gratuitous military fashion, Seeing 12 Mechs launch missiles my way will make me cringe (cause its gonna hurt), but it is part of the game I want to play. :P

I don't have to tell you boating is canon, you already know it's true. I have illustrated it with Canon designs enough times. The Awesome is our first look at Boating(shame it has been a joke). To make canon stock builds viable they need to either change the heat system to match the Cyclic rates (reduce venting speed by 2.5x) or slow down rate of fire (boring).

And no matter what PGI does there is going to be someone who will be unhappy and protest. Jobe and others want Rapid fire ACs... I like FLD. You want DPS use Lasers. You want Scatter shot random damage use Missiles. We have choices,Im' a power player who likes to wade through enemies like a hot knife through butter. I don't have it exactly the way I want it, but I have my fun and that makes me happy.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 April 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#42 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

The game has turned into and LRM vs cover slugfest

Then your team is incompetent, and if you're unable to handle it, even with dual AMS you are as well. From your K-town rated LRM threads, it seems to be a chronic issue.

Period. Your complaints show an astonishingly and embarrassingly stunning lack of situational awareness, concealment vs. cover, and map knowledge in general.

My current hit rate with LRMs is slightly below 30%, considering I fire as much to keep people cowering in place as I do expecting hits. People like you. My usual odds of dying to LRMs? Low to near nil.

Learn. To. Play.

#43 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

Lemme guess, you're one of those "people" that stand out in the open on Craptic Valley without the sense to GET OUT OF THE RAIN.

AMS can't and SHOULD NOT save you if you are too stupid to get out of the rain.
But I bet you aren't even smart enough to use AMS in the first place.
Just Uninstall OP, LRMs kill Bads and people stuck having to group with bads.
If you are on the field and tons and tons of LRM boats are, outside of a Premade who feels like trolling the ques for noobs to slay, on the field with you, that says a great deal about which bracket of ELO you're in.

Edited by Mavairo, 23 April 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#44 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

Ahhh I see in all games now PPCs. Can we nerf them please? Ohh and medium Laser. A LOT. Please nerf em.
Ohh wait....lets nerf all weapons. Reduce all dmg to 0. .......Lets make a peaceful world out of it.:P

#45 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 23 April 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

Ahhh I see in all games now PPCs. Can we nerf them please? Ohh and medium Laser. A LOT. Please nerf em.
Ohh wait....lets nerf all weapons. Reduce all dmg to 0. .......Lets make a peaceful world out of it. ;)

No! :P

#46 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 April 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

No! :P

You could always just rename your mech-of-choice "Kindess."

#47 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 23 April 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

Didn't i wrote yesterday that a single LRM isn't a problem - that even a single "full" LRM Boat isn't a problem?
But seriously...you can have 12 - Dragons with 1 LRM 10 each - and they become a problem.

If your mech get hit by >100 LRMs in a single moment....you are almost dead in the water...

Well, true...

However, that 100 LRM volley coming at you is a massive display of military might - you should probably be near-dead/dead from that amount of concentrated fire, regardless of what Mech you're piloting.

Also, that's 10+ Mechs all focusing their attention onto one unlucky soul. How do you think a single Mech should fair again 10 Mechs focusing ACs at them? 10 Mechs focusing Lasers at them? I'm sure you get my point here.

Edited by Fut, 09 May 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#48 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

Thread cleaned up!

Yes, we had this topic before! The old thread was archived! As long as the discussion created is constructive, there is no need for us to interfere. In the future, if you would like to continue to a discussion that has been archived, please use the forum "Report" feature to flag the topic.

Report a topic if you believe it is in violation of the forum rules, but do not try to sabotage it or to discredit its creator. If we, the moderators, haven't moved a reported topic within 24 hours, it is probably because we believe it to be valid.

No matter what the topic of a thread may be, please be so kind and NEVER try to derail it. Report a thread if you believe it shouldn't be on the forums, but no one is forcing you to post unconstructivly in it. Someday it will get you in trouble!

#49 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

I believe the current incarnation of LRMs to be a second tier weapon. Clearly useful, but far behind the ruling meta of 2xPPC+Ballistics (+2 strikes - duh!). There is no reason to nerf LRM's at this point since you can easily bring your own nerf in the form of AMS and ECM.

I am actually tempted to start an alt account just to see where these mythical LRM warrior online matches are taking place.

What I would love to see happen with LRMs:
1. Double speed of direct fire (non-locked) LRMs
- This would encourage some aiming skill at the cost of exposing your mech

2. Slightly decrease the speed of locked LRMs
- Again, to encourage skill shooting

3. Implement same hit-dynamics as is currently used for streaks
- The current attempt at having a "real" physics approach to LRMs is miserable, and makes the wide torsoed mechs suffer disproportionately to other mechs

3abcd: systematic structure that would encourage actually taking an LRM20 over 4xLRM5 - but this requires a much bigger post.

#50 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 April 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

And no matter what PGI does there is going to be someone who will be unhappy and protest. Jobe and others want Rapid fire ACs... I like FLD. You want DPS use Lasers. You want Scatter shot random damage use Missiles. We have choices,Im' a power player who likes to wade through enemies like a hot knife through butter. I don't have it exactly the way I want it, but I have my fun and that makes me happy.

Guess what Joe...Clan Ultras are going to be burst fire.

IS mechs and weapons are superior to clans.

On the plus side, they apparently found the huge issue with SRMs, so they have that going for them, which is nice.

#51 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 April 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Guess what Joe...Clan Ultras are going to be burst fire.

IS mechs and weapons are superior to clans.

On the plus side, they apparently found the huge issue with SRMs, so they have that going for them, which is nice.

That depends... Do you have data from the source that Clan Ultra5s will be less than IS Ultra5? I would consider Ultra AC20 a tough weapon to beat... and hope to challenge myself against them before they are nerfed in to stupidity!

#52 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 23 April 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

7 kills. Close enough...

Posted Image

What were you watching on TV during this match?

#53 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

every person in mwo should have a dual ams mech now
so if you truly hate lrm's
Grab 4 buddies with dual ams and 2000 ammo in the thunderbolt 9S :)
so 8 AMS systems! and 8000 ams rounds

Edited by kesuga7, 23 April 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#54 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 April 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

That depends... Do you have data from the source that Clan Ultra5s will be less than IS Ultra5? I would consider Ultra AC20 a tough weapon to beat... and hope to challenge myself against them before they are nerfed in to stupidity!

From a recent podcast, which I havn't been able to listen to yet.

Clan UAC20 will have a 5 round burst at 4 damage each, and that's the only number given. But the transcripts say each UAC will be burst.

That alone makes them worse than IS ACs. It makes them balanced with other weapon types. But I guess we'll actually get data in a few months about the burst ACs.

#55 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 April 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Clan UAC20 will have a 5 round burst at 4 damage each, and that's the only number given. But the transcripts say each UAC will be burst.

That alone makes them worse than IS ACs. It makes them balanced with other weapon types. But I guess we'll actually get data in a few months about the burst ACs.

[redacted] sad.

Message received... Sorry.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 April 2014 - 09:26 AM.
language

#56 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostEgomane, on 23 April 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

Yes, we had this topic before! The old thread was archived! As long as the discussion created is constructive, there is no need for us to interfere. In the future, if you would like to continue to a discussion that has been archived, please use the forum "Report" feature to flag the topic.

Yes, we had this topic before and all the original poster did was bump it with a 1 liner and he never participated in the discussion which is why this thread is dumb because he is going to do it again. It's why the original one got trolled as well.

So if he does this again, I'll just report this thread and he can make another one.

Edited by Ngamok, 23 April 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#57 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

It doesn't matter if a thread starter is participating in a discussion. Stay on topic and please read and follow the code of conduct if you don't want to find yourself to be the one punished!

Now back on topic! It's been LRM if I read the title correctly.

#58 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Sounds like the Clan LRMs will look awesome when fired!

#59 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostScreech, on 23 April 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

What were you watching on TV during this match?

I was mesmerized by the forum LRM anecdotes of players like Colonel Metus and yourself while trying to extract as many tears as possible.

Oh, and learn to play. There's a counter to everything...it's a shame only some of us have this knowledge.

#60 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 April 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Ack... Where are the transcripts for the recent podcast?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users