- - - - -

Pgi Get Your Stuff Together.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Maerlande

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

I play this game because it has a code of conduct. But today I had my legs shot off by a teammate. And I was called a "ni...." This is offensive.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

Um... did you REPORT that person by chance? PGI can do nothing to someone if they don't know what they did. Screen shot the incident (print screen, will appear in the MWO directory folder). Then E-mail their support for assistance: support@mwomercs.com

#3 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

I wouldn't take offence to words typed in an online game.

I'm not advocating "less then human behavior", just that there is no need to take something personally when you personally don't know the person.

But yes the correct way to deal with it is to e-mail support@mwomercs.com with as much info as you have.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

No company, no where, can prevent incidents of insolence from occurring without removing people from the equation.

Every company to some degree or another, will try to police incidents but just like the real police they can only do something if the incident is reported.

#5 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

It's the Internet, man. People like that are everywhere because they can hide behind the anonymity of their monitor. Don't let it get to you.

Report them.
http://mwomercs.com/support/tickets

#6 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

I in no way condone this behaviour at all and you should report them as stated above.

However the thing is when the new player experience is so terrible most new players consistently get huge losing streaks.

When the meta's a repetitive mess with people screaming to get the underpowered weapons nerfed and the overpowered weapons left alone just to favour them.

When Pre mades are able to face PuGs . When a game has some really bad aspects that drag it down into some pretty terrible mmo company, You have to expect the maturity and decency of the community to start snowballing .

Pleasant game -pleasant people

Game spiralling down hill- community follows

May be new to this game but as I've said before seen it all before.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Pleasant game -> pleasant people?

Does not compute.

In any game, there will be those on the losing side. Even amongst the winners, there will be those who died. Some of those people will blame others and start bitching and moaning about it, no matter how "pleasant" the game is. That's the reality of gaming and the internet.

And this game isn't spiraling down hill. It's getting better. Not as fast as people may like, but it is getting better.

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

As the others have written before me, please contact support@mwomercs.com with a report an said player.

The gamemasters will then investigate the case and hand out punishment if necessary.

Closing the thread, as discussing this incident here, will not provide a solution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users