I Don't Mind Meta Premades But....

147 replies to this topic

#1 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:01 AM

don't act like you're some hotshot in all chat as if you're better than everyone else when you drop in 4 meta Victors.

And don't name drop your unit while doing it, it doesn't reflect well on it. It only tells people to avoid your unit. Unit leaders, you should watch the people under you.

#2 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

I know them feels bro

#3 Spawnsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

Douches gonna douche I'm afraid.
Spoiler

#4 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

Well......they are better since they apparently have the time and energy to devote to this game.

Bringing it into the random queues is kinda pointless, though. What would be the point of an Olympic swimmer jumping into the play pool and yelling about how he's much better? Well, duh, of course he's better, but there isn't any point in it.

Sometimes, their attitude is a bit of a headscratcher.

Anyways, appropriate response is probably just to ignore and drop again. Or turn some humour on.

Edited by Scurry, 23 April 2014 - 02:45 AM.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:58 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 23 April 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

don't act like you're some hotshot in all chat as if you're better than everyone else when you drop in 4 meta Victors.

And don't name drop your unit while doing it, it doesn't reflect well on it. It only tells people to avoid your unit. Unit leaders, you should watch the people under you.

Think I know who are you talking about ... lol

#6 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

View PostScurry, on 23 April 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

Well......they are better since they apparently have the time and energy to devote to this game.

Bringing it into the random queues is kinda pointless, though. What would be the point of an Olympic swimmer jumping into the play pool and yelling about how he's much better? Well, duh, of course he's better, but there isn't any point in it.

Sometimes, their attitude is a bit of a headscratcher.

Anyways, appropriate response is probably just to ignore and drop again. Or turn some humour on.

No it's like an Olympic swimmer coming to a community team competition.

It's going to depend on how competitive everyone is, but those who get their enjoyment from doing well, will immediately allow the Olympic swimmer to guide them and direct the team.
Experience and devotion to winning, are going to mean you're a better leader if everyone listens to you.
Of course actual leader qualities certainly help in getting people to respect you, but that's another problem.

Naturally we have a blend on the public queue. Some people want to win, others just want to play.
So I'm not totally arguing against what knightsljx or you have to say. Blanketing the whole subject like this isn't appropriate in either direction.

I happen to agree that promoting your units in game is ineffective at what you want it to do though. But that's more from a general contempt that non-comp/team players have for pre-mades. If the game ever develops to the stage where it's accepted as a team game, and teams are respected by everyone for their experience, that perception may change.

#7 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

Signed.

If you can't win without using bugs(weird hitboxes while jumping) or imbalanced weapons (PPC/UAC)
it's a shame but it's "OK" in 4 man groups.

I consider 12v12 matches as a fair match (With formal greeting and congratulating the other team for the good game). Because of the fairplay aspect of these matches, there should be no unit that drops with 4 HGNs (2x PPC, 2x UAC/5), 4x CTF (2x PPC, 2x UAC/5), 4x JR7 (PPC).

Unfortunately some units don'tp play fair and use these builds, which is a shame.

But again, it's okay in PUG games, as long as you don't act like you're someone special, even if you won.

#8 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

@Veranova: I would rather say its like an Olympic swimmer on steroids coming to a community team competition yelling at everyone that hes the Lord of Swimming and all other swimmers are just total noobs. ^^

Nobody wants to learn from such a guy and everybody will be glad when hes gone after destroying the fun of the competition for everybody else.

And yes, Phoenix, we all know who they are.

Edited by Der Hesse, 23 April 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#9 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

I don't like it either, but:

View PostSpawnsalot, on 23 April 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Douches gonna douche I'm afraid.
Spoiler

#10 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

Honestly don't worry about it everyone including there team looks at the weapons there firing and suddenly there score there w/l becomes irrelevant, that is all.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 23 April 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#11 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 23 April 2014 - 04:45 AM, said:

@Veranova: I would rather say its like an Olympic swimmer on steroids coming to a community team competition yelling at everyone that hes the Lord of Swimming and all other swimmers are just total noobs. ^^

Nobody wants to learn from such a guy and everybody will be glad when hes gone after destroying the fun of the competition for everybody else.

And yes, Phoenix, we all know who they are.

Any of the top ones ARE on steroids already.

#12 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 23 April 2014 - 04:45 AM, said:

icwutudidthar

But yeah, it's frustrating as all hell but, in the end, I take heart from the fact that I am psychologically secure enough to not have to do that kind of shit. I would be more worried if my life was such a total shambles, socially, educationally and professionally that I had to seal-club in a video game to get my jollies.

#13 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Meta premades are the #1 reason why new players quit MWO. They get curb stomped repeatedly by veterans they shouldn't even be playing against, then quit in disgust. It's precisely why MWO's release was a total fiasco : all the new players got chased away by meta premades, who then proceeded to spread bad press about MWO everywhere on the net.

And when PGI quickly (by PGI standards anyway) introduced a 12 man queue, just for them...the one that they kept asking for, saying, oh no, we are not doing this on purpose....it's just that there's only one queue! And all this while, these units just kept putting on this pretense about how they were super elite pilots who could take on multiple enemy mechs and win...get these ridiculously high scores and K:D ratios....and of course they don't mention this was only achieved by beating up some poor newbies....

Well what did they do afterwards? Keep sync dropping vs randoms with the most meta builds they could find. If the rumours i hear are true, certain units tried out the 12 man queue, kept getting their asses handed to them because they were up against opponents on a level playing field (as opposed to random newbies in trial mechs), then went back to sync dropping vs randoms. And now their excuse was....it's not our fault....nobody uses the 12 man queue!

I just dont see how anyone could possibly take these units seriously when they bash newbies in meta premades. It's like someone saying that he is one of the top poker players in the world....but he must start every round with two aces in his hand AND his team of friends will be by him, telling each other their cards...and he always picks random opponents, and avoids any professionals. How can you possibly take someone like that seriously?

It's really sad that we can't blacklist these people so we don't get matched up against them at all. It's even worse that PGI won't make a randoms only queue, because newbie bashers give them lots of money by purchasing MC and what not. So everyone is stuck with these guys.

If they tried this crap with the tabletop game, people would simply refuse to play them and they would be forced to play with people like themselves.

#14 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Funny thing is I dropped with 4 HGNs in a premade last night and all they did was sit back and be useless, just garbage players. I think they got 3 kills combined sitting on the top ledge of Manifold ppc'ing away.

#15 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

I believe I've been ggclosed by the feminine cleansing products in question a time or two...

#16 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

LOL yeah I know what you guys mean. Its why I bring meta when I PUG, I just hope to bloody their noses a bit. Honestly anyone with average skill can drop in a 4-man with meta Victors and CTF-3Ds, rush and focus fire and just wreck people. I just remember that and tell them "wp, good coordination" because that's all it is. Just be the bigger man.

#17 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

I trained with a couple Olympic swimmers back before the 08 summer games, and I'm still trying to figure out how they might "guide and direct a team". I keep getting this image in my head of Michael Phelps shouting "Vollmer, swim right flank. Everyone else up the middle lane!"

Jun be trollin' hard.

#18 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

As far as I know the RULE set by the DEVs or Communtiy Manager at the time a while back stated that an Organization may ONLY advertise the name of it's unit TWICE in a match. Usually this happens at the beginning and end of a match.

I guess if it bothers someone that a unit does this more then TWICE, they should report it.. I guess

Edited by Odins Fist, 23 April 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#19 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

I feel like they play jacked up on caffeine (or other things) and cant help what they say lol. Then I picture them looking like the expert WoW guy from south Park (probably not far off) and laugh.

Edited by DONTOR, 23 April 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#20 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Alcohol is more likely. And I dunno. Some of the best players in my unit are pretty hunky. We don't advertise in chat, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users