87 replies to this topic

#1 Cobra10

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

So I can't believe there is a single person who honestly can say the new UI is even decent. It's like the worst game UI I have ever seen and impossible to read and navigate. It also has not changed at all, are they planning on addressing it? What is their current stance? I can't find anything recent about it. I mean you can't see any stats on a mech when you are buying it!!! That is like the biggest oversight ever. I really feel like they are stealing our money and just half a**ing this game...

#2 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Well It took forever to arrive after being delayed almost as much a duke nukem forever, and underwhelmed us all almost exactly like Duke Nukem forever. In the tradition of my people I believe I can sum up how i (and many) feel about UI 2.0:

Many clicks
Much clutter
Very confuse
Wow

In Fact from now on I'm referring to it as UI'em Forever, I'm not sure where the duke nukem thing came from wierd huh?

Edited by Agent of Change, 23 April 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#3 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

It's just not the same without the Shiba Inu.

Posted Image

#4 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

It's still Beta!

#5 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostWerewolf486, on 23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

It's still Beta!

No, No it's not.

For some reason beyond my kenning they abandoned that shield September of last year I believe. When they declared the game to be "released". If you'd like I'm sure we can find threads about it.

But assuming for a moment you were being sarcastic, this response was still necessary, because the game should still be in Beta but for some reason that defy's belief they decided it isn't against all evidence to the contrary. The bottom line Not beta but should be... I mean look at the state of their UI.

Edited by Agent of Change, 23 April 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#6 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

I was about to post something to this effect, I thought that when they said it is work in progress and it would get better with time, the pace would be little faster.

Until I realised why the pace is glacial even though changes were supposed to be easier to implement ... because all ui guys are tied up doing cw / clan stuff. So we will be stuck with this for quite a while I fear

#7 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Depends on the mech for me, tiny enclosed cockpit + UI feels claustrophobic and crammed together..great big truck style Awesome cockpit + UI doesn't feel that bad tbh.

Hmm..if you mean the mechlab and all that, not a big fan of that stuff..isn't UI 2.0 or some fancy jazz meant to fix it?

Edited by Shatterpoint, 23 April 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

UI2.0 is "100% done" according to the The Plan...

#9 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

so 2.0 had nothing to do with ingame UI?

#10 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

At some point, not just one guy, but a whole team of people at PGI had to look at the user interface and say, "Yeah, that's awesome. Let's do that."

#11 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

PGI Logic™
Soon™
#WorkingAsIntended

#12 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 23 April 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I was about to post something to this effect, I thought that when they said it is work in progress and it would get better with time, the pace would be little faster.

Until I realised why the pace is glacial even though changes were supposed to be easier to implement ... because all ui guys are tied up doing cw / clan stuff. So we will be stuck with this for quite a while I fear

Technically it is Launch Module, Mechlab for Clans, and then CW. My guess is that you will small incremental improvements to the UI when each of those thing launch.

#13 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostVanillaG, on 23 April 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Technically it is Launch Module, Mechlab for Clans, and then CW. My guess is that you will small incremental improvements to the UI when each of those thing launch.

This sounds reasonable. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it's what I expect as well.

#14 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

By nerfing the ui they have nurfed theirs sales figures...

Seriously who wants to play pokemech when you need to alt - tab between smurf just to get a build just right. ..

By offering this nurfed ui they are hurting noobs and newbs who couldn't be bothered to tweak from the stock armor settings...

Because windows 8

#15 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Whats wrong with the UI? I have no problems with it personally. What exactly about it has you guys miffed? Curious, mind to see whether I agree with some of your points.

#16 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostSstaan, on 23 April 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Whats wrong with the UI? I have no problems with it personally. What exactly about it has you guys miffed? Curious, mind to see whether I agree with some of your points.

hmm, 20 posts, created today, asking this type of leading question. Beyond question it's an alt account and I have a good guess who the main account is.

#17 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 503 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

I have no problems with the current UI, although the previous was simpler.

#18 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostRandalf Yorgen, on 23 April 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

hmm, 20 posts, created today, asking this type of leading question. Beyond question it's an alt account and I have a good guess who the main account is.

Actually this is my Main account, Typically I just read the forums but as of late I've decided to become active. So don't assume someone's a troll. Was an honest question, I really do like the UI and really do want to know what issues people have with it as I may not have tried using it in the way that bothers another individual.

To be fair I do have a second account Nemesis Wolf (Which I created first on my old PC to try the beta), which due to serveral horrible choices managing my mechs, I have stopped using. (At one time I had 4, but due to my constant habit of wanting to modify and/or re-modify every mech I eventually sold them all off leaving the Nemesis Wolf account with only a single mech, that free T-Bolt.), so I doubt I am who you though I was, no harm done so don't get your panties in a bunch. :(

#19 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

The UI to the mechlab is just painful. So much wasted space, so much work just to change one weapon with another.

Still no word as to a date when a fix to this is coming.

#20 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostSuckyJack, on 23 April 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

The UI to the mechlab is just painful. So much wasted space, so much work just to change one weapon with another.

Still no word as to a date when a fix to this is coming.

I do admit the mechlab is a bit tedious to use, but really no more tedious that it was in Battletech to build a mech from scratch, and believe me, It was very tedious for me as I would by the Pre-Made Mech Sheet Books, Make Copies, Get out my Rulebooks, Design the mech (Even If I was only modding an existing mech), Cut out what I needed from the character sheets and glue sticked weapons, ammo, extra armor dots, even adding numbers and letters carefully trimmed from sheets onto the closest matching sheet. Double checked everything making sure Endo-Steel and Ferro-Fibrous slots were all in place. Then a trip to Kinkos to make copies of the completed sheet. Then of course I had to make the miniature match the look of the mods, then paint it.

Actually, come to think of it, MWO's mechlab is much more convenient. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users