Network Connection Error

11 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

I've been getting this message constantly whenever I tried to connect. I thought at first it was my ISP, but I've tested my connection speed and it was 32mbps download and 5mbps upload. Everything connects fine including steam, origin, and u play. Normal Internet works too. So I re installed it and it still gives me the same error. I cannot even connect to mwo forums through my desktop but it works perfectly in my android phone where I'm currently typing from. I tried making a new account and I can't because of the error. Have you guys experienced this before? I have a desktop with fx8350/hd 7970 16gb ram and the game is in my ssd. Everything was flawless until today.

#2 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Firewall issue or something else..?? Have you tried the repair tool for MWO?
Not to sound funny, but you haven't gotten into trouble with the powers that be have you? Just asking.

#3 Lubberdubs

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

I've had this happen a number of times without any obvious cause but, after a little experimenting and a few checks, I've found that occasionally my internet will drop out for a second or two then immediately reconnect without any obvious reason why. As there isn't a function to reconnect to matches yet (hoping for it though!) I'll get kicked at the start of the match, wasting everybody's time. Doesn't happen much, and it might be a completely different issue to what you have, but that's the only time I've ever seen the message, even when I thought my internet was working fine.

#4 Marrak Stele

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

It may be an issue with your network provider. I've got two guys in my company with the same issue atm. But one can get online if he uses a different provider.

Edit: okay so its not their providers, they're on different ones. Even fixing the dns didn't work.

Edited by Marrak Stele, 26 April 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#5 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 26 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Firewall issue or something else..?? Have you tried the repair tool for MWO?
Not to sound funny, but you haven't gotten into trouble with the powers that be have you? Just asking.

At this point I'm ready to believe that I pissed off somebody that is influential with PGI that blocked my IP address. If I connect my android phone to my house's wifi, I couldn't even connect to the forums. Right now I am using my phone's data plan. I have MWO installer in my hard drive and I have re installed the game and it is currently patching. It server status Icon is still red but it is continuing to patch. It is my second re install and I'm gonna update what happens.

#6 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

After the re install and patch, it is now saying that the server is under going maintenance

#7 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Are you patching/launching the Test Server Client or the Live Game Client. They are easily mistaken for one another. :( (best I could come up with)

Edited by Amsro, 26 April 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#8 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

I had a similar issue. It turned out to be a failing/overheating router.

I diagnosed this when I was the only person in the house for a couple of weeks, on a tight schedule and the connection would start failing at about the same time everyday. After checking with my ISP and direct connecting the modem, it became obvious.

So...if you can...direct connect the modem to your PC, see if that sorts out the issue. Also, you might try borrowing/stealing a router to test it out.

Also, check to see if any QOS systems might be messing up your connection.

Edited by darqsyde, 26 April 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#9 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Live game client. I am responding through my android phone because my hope is might have been blocked. Gonna try to change my IP address and see if that works with a new account. If that works then hmmmm. Sorry in advance if I pissed you off.

#10 Cybertek

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

I had the same issue today. It turned out that there was an issue with LVL3 with at least my provider. So it is possible it affected any ISP that uses Level 3 as their backbone

#11 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

I checked the Facebook page and it seemed that there are a great number of people experiencing this. It might be due to PGI putting all their resources to the test client server. My clan mates who joined the public test are enjoying mwo right now.

#12 Damian Knight

Rookie

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTampa Florida

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

I too am now having this issue. No problems at all previously but now receiving same msg. Checked my pic and the wife's all the same. Connected on my phone provider no issues. Set my phone to wifi and connect thru my is cannot connect. Not only cannot I connect to the game but I cannot connect to the mwomercs.com website leads me to believe my isp FIOS may be having an issue. I tried using my wtfast vpn client as well no joy. I can connect to any other site and/or service with no issues just not to mwo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users