Will Mech Scaling Every Be Fixed?

BattleMechs

44 replies to this topic

#1 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

im just wondering with the upcoming clan mechs and all the all ready completely Borked mech sizes is it on a to-do list of PGI to ever go back and rescale all the mechs to be properly sized?

and please don't try saying "the mechs are the right size" because i will then pay to the computer gods to make your graphics card melt and your cat to piss on your monitor. if you have no cat then that a drunk friend/relative/roommate/yourself will accidentally spill a beverage or puke on your monitor. Preferably while you are playing.

Even if its one of those things thats on the BOTTOM of the priorities list is it at least on PGI's Radar they they F'ed up the scaling?

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#3 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 April 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Fixing scale in game = Time
time = money
Fixed scaled =/= more money.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 26 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#4 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

n.o.p.e.

#5 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Soon.

#6 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

hahahahahahahahaha

*breathe*

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

#7 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 26 April 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Fixing scale in game = Time
time = money
Fixed scaled =/= more money.

yes but

Fixed scale = more useful mechs
more useful mechs= happier players
happier players = MONEY!

so
Fixed scale = MONEY!!!

i would like to be able to use some of my phoenix mechs without knowing im going to stick out like a a fat assault even though im only 60 or so tons

#8 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

The fact that PGI has continued to make mechs using the same scale means it is less and less likely they will change as it means there will be an ever-growing number of mechs that need rescaling. So Magic 8 Ball says "outlook not so good".

#9 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostDavers, on 26 April 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

The fact that PGI has continued to make mechs using the same scale means it is less and less likely they will change as it means there will be an ever-growing number of mechs that need rescaling. So Magic 8 Ball says "outlook not so good".

And by same scale, what you mean is "same ridiculously stupid scale that no sane person would use".

#10 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 April 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

This is almost precisely what I was going to reply, minus a few o's.

#11 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostDavers, on 26 April 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

i've noticed a trend.. the "gundams" i.e mechs with a distinct head and humanoid body tend to be the ones using the incorrect scale (relative to their weight class).

For example, Centurion trebby griffin shawdowhawk quickdraw (exceptions are the light mech gundams cuz they have to keep em small)

God forbid there are gundams that are not in scale with eachother have you guys even seen gundam? /sarcasm off. this is mechwarrior, not gundam, they dont need to be the same size

Edited by Jin Ma, 26 April 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#12 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 26 April 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

i've noticed a trend.. the "gundams" i.e mechs with a distinct head and humanoid body tend to be the ones using the incorrect scale (relative to their weight class).

For example, Centurion trebby griffin shawdowhawk quickdraw

God forbid there are gundams that are not in scale with eachother have you guys even seen gundam? /sarcasm off. this is mechwarrior, not gundam, they dont need to be the same size

I believe the community in general thought the Hunchback was 'good sized' for a 50 ton mech, but every 50+ ton mech that followed was noticeably larger than it.

#13 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostDavers, on 26 April 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

I believe the community in general thought the Hunchback was 'good sized' for a 50 ton mech, but every 50+ ton mech that followed was noticeably larger than it.

true, i don't really consider the hunchback a gundam though. if you watched the series i'd put the hunchback into the catagory of inferior technology to the gundams like these guys http://i257.photobuc...07032000071.jpg

theres a similar theme in robotech. you got the "gundams" that are all the same size, and then u got these other guys

Edited by Jin Ma, 26 April 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...me-models-back/
got some feedback about pg 13-14 of this post from the modelers. We might see some weapon equalization, but not Mechs, from the sound of things.

#15 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

after ui3.0

Edited by Monkey Lover, 26 April 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#16 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 April 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...me-models-back/
got some feedback about pg 13-14 of this post from the modelers. We might see some weapon equalization, but not Mechs, from the sound of things.

That is some good news.

Though i'd like to see them work in such a way that doesn't create more work for them in the future

did he say anything about the catapult's changes?

Edited by Jin Ma, 26 April 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 26 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

That is some good news.

Though i'd like to see them work in such a way that doesn't make more work for them to have to come back to redo

did he say anything about the catapult's changes?

sadly, no.

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 26 April 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

im just wondering with the upcoming clan mechs and all the all ready completely Borked mech sizes is it on a to-do list of PGI to ever go back and rescale all the mechs to be properly sized?

and please don't try saying "the mechs are the right size" because i will then pay to the computer gods to make your graphics card melt and your cat to piss on your monitor. if you have no cat then that a drunk friend/relative/roommate/yourself will accidentally spill a beverage or puke on your monitor. Preferably while you are playing.

Even if its one of those things thats on the BOTTOM of the priorities list is it at least on PGI's Radar they they F'ed up the scaling?

The mechs are the right size.

Dang it! My PC is still fine. I really need an excuse to get a new one.

#19 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Pretty sure mech scale is at the bottom of their list for things to do.

That's a polish/tweak thing that they will probably get around to after CW is in place.

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Every? No. Ever? No.
But it'd be nice if armor limits could be fixed... Compare some stock armors. Should these not be more unique?
Supposedly the reason the Awesome is bigger than the Victor is because the Awesome has more armor. At stock this is true. Beyond that...not so much.

So why not have each variant's armor x amount above stock as the new max for each one? For example: Victors are between 300 and 400 points of armor. Awesomes are between 480 and just under 500. O.o;
So should the Victor be able to equip that much armor?

Meanwhile the Dragons, especially the Dragon 1C, has a stock armor above most (if not all) Victor variants we have right now, nearly as high as a Stalker, and higher than most 65 ton mechs too. Scary, isn't it, that a mech listed as a Brawling Mech at 60 tons, has more armor stock than most 65, some 80 and almost as much as some 85 ton mechs.

Yet... we don't have any unique traits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users