13 replies to this topic

#1 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Hello fellow FRR-ers...

Just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't already seen it, that the very first "Inner Sphere Chronicles" episode was about the FRR and Solaris VII.

See the YouTube video here: The Inner Sphere Chronicles: Ep. 01

Hope you like it. :(

#2 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Thanks, George...appreciate the lore! However, I think we are more appropriately called FRR-icans, as the last word is Republic, so Republicans makes the most sense....FRR-icans...FRRicans...hmm..then again, sounds like we're cussing...:(

#3 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Awesome, George! I totally wasn't expecting to see a 1st RDR Sleipnir thrown in there, well done!

#4 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

This is so cool.
Gorge are you aware that we had a Solaris 7 themed tournament for the FRR Units and are holding a second one next month? Or is this just an coincidence?

#5 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 27 April 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:

This is so cool.
Gorge are you aware that we had a Solaris 7 themed tournament for the FRR Units and are holding a second one next month? Or is this just an coincidence?

Total coincidence. Glad you liked it, Klappspaten! ;)

#6 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

to bad the SoR isn't listed in there as a merc unit that works with the FRR it would have been nice, but meh.

#7 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 27 April 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

to bad the SoR isn't listed in there as a merc unit that works with the FRR it would have been nice, but meh.

Yeah whatever, the Blue Vengeance isnt in there either. And we are a house unit.

#8 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

I believe this is a part of the "Be Featured" campaign mentioned earlier by ISN. Which as the SoR has been somewhat critical of some aspects of mwo...well you know the rest. :D

#9 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Sorry man, I'm really more of an audio-only guy with bare-minimum video skills or capabilities. Those logos were simply some I found with a quick Google search when I was quickly putting together the video for YouTube. :D
I do these audio and video clips solely for fans of my work. They are in no way whatsoever intentionally connected to PGI or IGP or their products.

Edited by George Ledoux, 27 April 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#10 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

I enjoyed the narration quite a bit. Perhaps you could make another video like this at the conclusion of the next tournament as mentioned above?

...or perhaps one that includes video footage of the action sent to you by players who participated?

*fingers crossed* *fingers crossed* *wishful thinking followed by cautious optimism*

#11 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 26 April 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Thanks, George...appreciate the lore! However, I think we are more appropriately called FRR-icans, as the last word is Republic, so Republicans makes the most sense....FRR-icans...FRRicans...hmm..then again, sounds like we're cussing... :P

in canon, it's "Rasalhagueians" actually. while they are a republic now with a fair amount of worlds, the culture and identity dates back well before. to the Principality of Rasalhague of the 2200's and 2300's, and the military district of Rasalhague under Combine rule from 2330 to their independence in 3030.. the world of Rasalhague has always played a bigger role in their identity than their form of government.

#12 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Ahh...thanks mithril coyote...that makes more sense!

#13 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

the Principality was under combine rule for 700 years. 700 years where the Combine tried to culturally assimilate (read: replace) the quasi-nordic Rasalhague culture with their own quasi-japanese culture. during that time the nordic culture of the world of rasalhague became a cultural counter movement.. something that even those not from that world embraced as a sort of civil disobedience against their kurita overlords. the FRR of 3050, only 20 years old, still has a lot of japanese and hindu influence due to combine meddling, but has embraced that shared cultural heritage.

interestingly.. one of the big influences the combine had on the modern FRR is ironically in the government.. the original principality was much more of a democracy than the current FRR. the current FRR might elect its officials, but they constitute a nobility not too different from that of the Combine, at least while they are in office.

#14 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

History of Rasalhague: http://mwomercs.com/...hague-republic/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users