Misc

21 replies to this topic

#1 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

(Artwork from BattleTech Total Warfare handbook)

Well its finally done ( still in work in progress ;) )!

In anticipation of upcoming private match functionality, I have created a series of spreadsheets for MWO, for those wishing to create Stock 'Mech matches, battles, or campaigns. (Let me know if these links work or not)

I will be sharing other work detailing examples of how this can be used to create, for example, mini-campaigns based directly on Historical Battles. A lot of this is my great love and appreciation for the lore/canon and the classic 'Mechs and their stock variants of BattleTech.

What is this?

These are assignment tables adapted from BattleTech handbooks that detail, by Era, what 'Mechs were available in a certain time period. Additionally, work has been done to show what is commonly available per Faction, which also details exactly how "rare" a specific variant was in a particular Faction.

BattleTech assignment tables were based on 1D6 or 2D6 in TT in order to generate Stock Campaigns. While they were random based, I have opted to make a more simplified list showing what was available. Obviously prototype 'Mechs were rare, but I did include them on the list anyways (BJ-1X, for example). In the future I may add a separate program for randomly generating units.

What time periods are covered here?
  • Star League Era 2571-2780
  • Third Succession Wars 2866-3025
  • Fourth Succession Wars 3028-3030
  • War of 3039
  • Clan Invasion Era 3048-3061 (IS)
At this time, I have not yet adapted tables from the Clans. I will complete those when Clan 'Mechs are available in MWO. As far as any other 'Mechs, I will add them over time as new 'Mechs are made for the game.

All of the Eras allow limitless variety of games to be made for anyone's use. If player's wish to stick to Stock 'Mechs from a particular Era, they can do so, or mix and match. For instance, if someone wanted to create something that is solely based around 3025, such as the old "Multiplayer BattleTech 3025" game.

Why are some 'Mechs highlighted with links or greyed in?

This is detailed in the guide more thoroughly. Essentially each of the Era's has several other 'Mechs available. These are 'Mechs that can be made in MWO with an existing variant. For instance, it is possible to create a stock LCT-1S to the exact specifications per a stock record sheet with another Locust variant in-game, such as the LCT-3S. The links go directly to a Smurfy page showing you how to build it exactly.

This is an effort to add even more variety to Stock 'Mechs with a total of 41 extra 'Mechs from the other ones that are already made available in the game.

Anything that is greyed in normally represents something "new" to an Era or to a Faction.

Notes:

I used a lot of source for this, pouring over all my Catalyst books and also adapting the work of Xotl, who made an excellent assignment table program that is used for TT and now MegaMek. Year dates are mostly derived from SkunkWerks or MUL.

Updates:

* April 29th, 2104 - Added 3 'Mechs (Canon Custom 'Mechs), Updated guide regarding rarity
* April 30th, 2014 - Added 5 Additional Command Console 'Mechs (based on canon record sheets)
* June 14th, 2014 - Added Clan Mechs/Factions
* October 21st, 2014 - Added additional Innersphere Stock Mechs to spreadsheet, "?" removed from CN9-AH

Posted Image

Edited by General Taskeen, 22 October 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#2 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Bookmarked, this is awesome.

#3 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

The CN9-AH is on those lists btw, with a ? until it is re-added. :D

#4 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Going to have to take a closer look at those when I get back to my own PC.

#5 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

I'll be updating this, possibly today as I made a minor goof with the rarity tables.

Right now there is a number below each one saying "out of X." This is incorrect, all of the faction rarity tables are out of D1000, or "1000" ('Mechs) to obtain a percentage. So to obtain a percentage you divide the number listed next to each variant by 1,000.

So, for instance, Liao has "152" LCT-1V Locust's in 3025. 152/1,000 is 15.2%.

If a Faction were to start, for instance, with a "supply" of 100 Light 'Mechs, 15.2% of those might be LCT-1V's (or 15.2, rounded to the nearest whole number 15). I will fix this later to weight the percentage correctly with what is currently available in-game.

Keep in mind those, those rarity numbers are only partially canon and just there to give anyone a rough idea of how much was available or how common something was. A lot of TT 'Mechs are also missing obviously from the faction sections and the game.

Edited by General Taskeen, 29 April 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#6 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

Someone made an interesting point while discussing Stock 'Mechs concerning the Command Console. While it does not actually do anything in the game, people might want the other Canon Command Console 'Mechs for role playing purposes or as the only Stock "Command" 'Mechs that can use consumables like artillery.

I have added the following and noted here which factions used them (source):

Draconis Combine
DRG-5K-DC Grand Dragon (Clan Invasion Era)

Free Worlds League
ON1-V-DC Orion (Third Succession Wars Era)
ON1-M-DC Orion (Clan Invasion Era)

Federated Suns/Federated Commonwealth
BLR-1G-DC Battlemaster (Third Succession Wars Era)
BLR-3M-DC Battlemaster (Clan Invasion Era)

Lyran Commonwealth/Lyran Alliance
AS7-K-DC (Clan Invasion Era)

#7 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

Are you allowing the use of Surrogate Mechs? I mean using a Mech of correct tonnage with correct hardpoints.
Specific examples:
I have MWO designs for a Panther on a Jenner, Hermes on a Cicada, 2 Ostrocs and an Ostsol on a Quickdraw, 3 Marausers on an Orion.

#8 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

I put this as an option for Stock Monday, but it may be relevant here as well. It converts the double heat-sink TDR-9S to a single-heat-sink TDR-1C, using the loadout described on Sarna. Just dropping it here in case it may be of use for another Star League era mech.

Thunderbolt "TDR-1C" (TDR-9S Chassis)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b7c177518747368

Sarna reference link:
http://www.sarna.net...s_and_Equipment

#9 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostMerchant, on 12 May 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

Are you allowing the use of Surrogate Mechs? I mean using a Mech of correct tonnage with correct hardpoints.
Specific examples:
I have MWO designs for a Panther on a Jenner, Hermes on a Cicada, 2 Ostrocs and an Ostsol on a Quickdraw, 3 Marausers on an Orion.

I opted not to do that for this particular list, which is more or less a reference list with some little added extras, but there has been a lot of work regarding that, in which other people are currently making. Its totally up to the player base and it would be interesting see other works or variations as well on this sort of theme.

Originally this started as a project that I could refer to for trying to simulate historical battles by trying to use mostly the 'Mechs available.

As a general rule, I opted for the creation of:

- Creation of missing 'Mechs variant with that existing 'Mech frame (Locust-1S, with existing Locust variants) (exact loadout)
- Creation of missing 'Mechs variant with that existing 'Mech frame as close as possible (COM-5S, with existing COM variants, 3A) (extremely close approximation, 1-2 weapons not in exact spot)
- Exception: If the 'Mech is extremely similar in design by lore circumstances and looks (Rifleman/Jager, Cataphract/Caesar).

Generally I didn't go too wild, although there are many iconic loadouts and 'Mechs missing. I'm hoping at least some of the 'Mechs get added officially and this list will be updated over time.

The Rifleman though will sadly probably never be added to the game being "unseen" even though it was incredibly common throughout all the time frames in BattleTech. I also would like to see the Panther for real in-game ;).

Edited by General Taskeen, 12 May 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#10 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

I have added the Stock Clan configurations, that will be available in-game, to the google document sheet. I have also included the Clan Factions and relative rarity of the configurations they fielded (again these aren't exact, more or less just gives a general idea of how common a Mech or Variant was).

Clan Factions listed: Clan Diamond Shark, Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Nova Cat, Clan Smoke Jaguar, Clan Steel Viper, Clan Wolf

I may add the additional missing configurations, but only until I can see for myself in-game or on smurfy if they are buildable to their record sheet specifications, once Clan Mechs are 'officially' in-game.

Edited by General Taskeen, 14 June 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#11 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Now that the smurfy site lets me tinker around with Clan Mechs, when my free time permits I'll be working on adding any additional builds that copy the missing Configurations, based on their record sheets, for some of the Clan Mechs (where it is possible).

Here are some examples for Stock Mech enthusiasts:

Kit Fox (Uller) Alt. Config. A

Kit Fox (Uller) Alt. Config. B

Kit Fox (Uller) Alt. Config. W

Bringing the total for Kit Fox configurations to 6.

Edited by General Taskeen, 16 June 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#12 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:42 AM

Was poking around on Sarna this weekend and replicated the Marauder 3R using a Cataphract 1X. I didn't see it in your spreadsheet, so dropping the link here. This is a double heat-sink variant, but we might be able to revert it for use in Stock Mech events:

Cataphract 1X "Marauder 3R
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3a4bfd0c225148c

Sarna Reference:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder

Edit: And two minutes later after poking a few buttons, the single heat-sink version?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7a0e61728c4eabb

Edited by Rhaythe, 17 June 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#13 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 27 April 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

In anticipation of upcoming private match functionality, I have created a series of spreadsheets for MWO, for those wishing to create Stock 'Mech matches, battles, or campaigns. (Let me know if these links work or not)

Last time I checked, I swear both links worked.
Now the first is giving a blank spreadsheet.

Is the WVR-6M changed in current Record Sheets? I still have my TT ones from 1996 and they show a LA ML, something no current WVR in MWO has. Or did you use one of the SHD-2Ds?

#14 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

The first sheet is a comment form sheet I believe. You'll have to arrow over to the other sections at the very bottom.

For the other question regarding the Wolverine WVR-6M, the record sheet sources where it can be found are:

RS:3039 Unabridged (468),
RS:3025 & 3026 (170).

(also can be viewed here http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/3572.pdf)

As far as the original one you have, it may have been revised by Catalyst into the current one.

In order to build the 6M, I used the WVR-7K chassis, which allows it to be built to exact specs: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aba1e4214937a1e

Edited by General Taskeen, 19 June 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#15 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

Update:

Added all possible stock configurations that can be made with the existing Clan configs available

Light

* Kit Fox (Uller) Alt. Config A [30]
* Kit Fox (Uller) Alt. Config B [30]
* Kit Fox (Uller) Alt. Config W [30]
* Adder (Puma) Alt. Config C [35]

Medium

* Stormcrow (Ryoken) Alt. Config. I [55]

Heavy

* Summoner (Thor) Alt. Config. A [70]
* Summoner (Thor) Alt. Config. C [70]
* Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) Alt. Config. B [75]
* Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) Alt. Config. D [75]

Assault - (None possible to build)

There weren't enough of the right pods for most builds. Hopefully they will be added later.

Some additional ones I did not get around to putting in the sheet:

** Adder (Puma) Alt. Config. B (pseudo) - The actual config has the arms switched around, so the LB 5-X should be on the LA, and the Large Pulse Laser on the RA. Other than that, everything is correct. Note that I put an "C-AC/5" on this because on the Record Sheet the LB 5-X uses only 1 ton of ammo for this weapon, which is marked as a standard round ("slug" round), not a cluster shot. Most often on stock builds that used an "LB X" type gun that had only room for 1 ton of ammo always loaded a standard shot over a cluster first.

Edited by General Taskeen, 26 June 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#16 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

Very Nice work. Becareful using Sarna since Im not so confidant as I once was of their Legitimacy. Its not their fault but the fault of The Powers That Be that RetCon'd so much that was canon that now isnt. (I think that was done so that there was consistency between BattleTech table top and BattleTech TGC [Im sure TGC had to 'dumb down' alot so that all the mech cards would be viable in playing that game instead of just a certain few mech cards because those certain few just have stats/load outs that overwhelmed the rest of the mech cards and from their viewpoint that would be Anathema {THEM being whoever is making the Command Decisions in regards to Canon Consistency}

#17 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

I mostly only use Catalyst sources.

I have several of their books and technical read outs (new and old).

#18 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

I noticed there was a disturbing lack of Marauders in that listing. General, I'd wonder if you'd accept either of these into Wednesday night:

Marauder 3R:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c660b0856dbe9f7
Record sheet: http://www.mordel.ne....php?a=vt&id=79

Marauder 3M:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1de12b6155230dd
Record sheet: http://www.mordel.ne....php?a=vt&id=78

Due to hardpoint placement, I couldn't get the medium lasers in the arms where they belonged. That's about the only deviation I took in these builds.

#19 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

I know ECM is a touchy subject but I notice that it is possible to reproduce the Kit-Fox "Charlie" config using a mix of the S, and Prime.

KFX-C

Note: the 1/2 tonn of unused AC ammo in each leg represents AP pods

#20 Zolomek

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

@ Rhaythe the Cataphract makes for a bad platform to base a 75 ton mech off of.

The Orion K is the same tonnage as a Marauder with the same available hard points. It can be made to match the MAD-3L, MAD-3M, and MAD-3R with the correct heat sinks and MWO appropriate armor values.

MAD-3L -- http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a719df3580dbf99

MAD-3M -- http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5056f4d282faaf5

Since the MAD-3M is fitted with 20 singles it can even be made out of a Orion K that has been upgraded with double heat sinks without having to roll it back to singles -- http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ceb83b373db3776

MAD-3R -- http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6ea1bb05c2ab94b

The MAD-3D with the side torso mounted Large Laser to replace the AC-5 can be built out of the mechs currently available in MWO but not without some extreme chassis and weapon location changes. Such as the following Awesome-9M refitted as a Marauder-3D -- http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9752443edc5e770 - Note I left the double heat sinks on the mech as they come stock on the Awesome and the MAD-3D comes with 20 singles so the heat load and sinking capacity should match up fairly well.

Hope you like them and good hunting during your stock mech Mondays.

Edited by Zolomek, 20 July 2014 - 08:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users