#2 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

4000 people are actively watching this stream... O.o does mwo have that many active players?

Edited by MavRCK, 28 June 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#3 NeoFighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 121 posts
  • LocationOn the battlefield

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

200 Idris ships sold out at 1250$ in less than 15 min. So lets see that's a quarter of a million dollars in less than 15 min for a game that's not even in alpha yet. Shows you how much trust Chris Roberts group is creating with his community, me included. I pretty much done with this game unless they flat out impress me in the next 4 months. Star Citizen here I come

View PostMavRCK, on 28 June 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

4000 people are actively watching this stream... O.o does mwo have that many active players?

I doubt it. How long can you play a game that has a broken issue that hasn't been fixed in over 5 months, i know i've had enough.

Edited by NeoFighter, 29 June 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#4 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

KaoS is planning on having a strong presence in this game.

#5 pantherzero

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

unwanted 3pv before cw , back track on coolant, jj shake that wants me to rip my eyes out when I play my spider all along with the months of ppc boats. Glad that I chose to spend my money on SC rather than buy more mc at this point. Same engine but wow does it look amazing. I think we had 8k concurrent viewers at one point =D . the phoenix deal is tempting to tide me over until SC alpha but I think I might buy a few more ships instead.

#6 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postpantherzero, on 29 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

unwanted 3pv before cw , back track on coolant, jj shake that wants me to rip my eyes out when I play my spider all along with the months of ppc boats. Glad that I chose to spend my money on SC rather than buy more mc at this point. Same engine but wow does it look amazing. I think we had 8k concurrent viewers at one point =D . the phoenix deal is tempting to tide me over until SC alpha but I think I might buy a few more ships instead.

Posted Image

#7 NeoFighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 121 posts
  • LocationOn the battlefield

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostchiXnhawk, on 29 June 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

KaoS is planning on having a strong presence in this game.

I thought that too about us at first as well but it seems to me that the strong presences in SC will be the units that are composed of more than 50 players. Small units won't be something to worry about unless you plan on just doing small hit and run jobs as a pirate on trader convoys. The units capable of implementing a well organized 50+ group to effectively run a Bengal carrier or Idris covette and such together will be the real force.

Very different game than MWO. So far matchmaking is not even something CR wants to implement in order to keep immersion at its best. So much potential

#8 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

Saw plenty of familiar faces from MWO in the SC guild forums.

So, which of you are officially both mech and spaceship pilots <_<

#9 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

already pledged over 300$ for Star Citizen, that's more I ever gave to PGI for MWO...

Still, I have hopes that PGI will get their crap together and do something amazing with MWO. Honestly, they really understimated the work they had in front of them. Once major features are in, I think we can expect pretty good stuff for MWO. Until then, yeah, I'm also a bit pissed at the game myself.

The Idris Corvette looks freaking amazing.

#10 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm with Sybreed on this one, but i watched the live feed for pretty much the whole 24 hours and the parts of the sandbox editor sold me, the scale to which things takes place is insane.

I haven't thrown money at the screen just yet because i get paid monthly but its going to happen. Out of about 25 people i know who are going to buy/have, we've spent a little over 13,000 and counting collectively, that including 3 Civ Idris. Which as sybreed pointed out is more than we spent on MWO for sure.

Edited by matux, 30 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#11 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

View Postmatux, on 30 June 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

I'm with Sybreed on this one, but i watched the live feed for pretty much the whole 24 hours and the parts of the sandbox editor sold me, the scale to which things takes place is insane.

I haven't thrown money at the screen just yet because i get paid monthly but its going to happen. Out of about 25 people i know who are going to buy/have, we've spent a little over 13,000 and counting collectively, that including 3 Civ Idris. Which as sybreed pointed out is more than we spent on MWO for sure.

IMO, CR's team looks more organized and seems to be more aware of what they're doing than PGI. PGI needs to take a few hard decisions in regard to game balance for this game to last longer, otherwise it'll be on life support in a year.

#12 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Well to be fair, Chris and his team have been in the gaming industry for a looooong time, PGI is a newcomer.
So the hate directed at them is a little much.

now I'm not saying I dislike either, as I have also thrown money at both, but we had hopes just as high during pre beta in MWO too.

I think people get all angsty for no reason. just play the game and have fun.

And I don't fear the Idris, I got something just for you! #bombers

#13 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

I love the folks from Origin, they are what got me into video game development in the first place all those years ago.

That being said, there are a lot of people who have been tossing around the "gold vision" insult who are throwing down all their money on this, so I cant wait for the game to be successful in a way they do not want, and for the same insult to be thrown at them.

mmmm privateer online.

#14 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, they're promising the world and the game isn't even out yet.

#15 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

For those who missed it , here's a link to a portion of the stream wherein they show a bit of a ships interior.

The game is looking fantastic. Without having to worry about terrain and other background assets, the engineers can afford more level of detail per ship. Cannot wait for this to come out!

Cheers.

#16 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Even better, Dave took us into the cry3 sandbuild tool and showee us even more http://www.twitch.tv...past_broadcasts

#17 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

SC is unbelievable the site give me the option for me to be able to change my email address and password!!

Sarcasm aside... We can expect this game to be a major threat to many online multiplayers games out there.
PGI better buck up fast.

#18 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

You know a company has their players at heart, when they allow you to recycle your pledges upgrade at will, gift these pledges to other players who missed out, whilst allowing you to continue to pledge at the old cheaper prices.

Instead of one that just delivers broken content whilst actively looking for ways to **** your credit card.

#19 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

So obvious MW:O unequals StarCitizen.

*facepalm*

#20 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

Eve Online got a new update? <_<

SC reminds me alot of SC(Star Conflict) which I use to play for a few months.

Also Black Prophecy, which close down after just 1 year service.

Edited by xengk, 02 July 2013 - 03:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users