Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostTurist0AT, on 10 August 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

PGI is milking players befor SC comes out. When its out MWO is dead.

I think Star Citizen has more to fear from Elite Dangerous than MWO has to fear Star Citizen.

I really doubt the public universe will be ready in 2015, but I sure do hope it is.

#1142 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

apparently, there's little to do in the E:D universe and it lacks a metagame.

As for SC, my enjoyment of it increased 10 fold when I found out how to switch the roll and yaw axis. The gameplay is excellent for an alpha. You need to get used to the controls, but once you do, battles are very interesting. I just hope they optimize it enough so my FPS stops dropping from 60 to 30 everytime the enemies spawn.

#1143 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostSybreed, on 10 August 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

apparently, there's little to do in the E:D universe and it lacks a metagame.

As for SC, my enjoyment of it increased 10 fold when I found out how to switch the roll and yaw axis. The gameplay is excellent for an pre-alpha. You need to get used to the controls, but once you do, battles are very interesting. I just hope they optimize it enough so my FPS stops dropping from 60 to 30 everytime the enemies spawn.

fixed it for ya....

and 30 FPS is not bad, you're just spoiled. There are lots of players who struggle to maintain 30 FPS.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 11 August 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#1144 Roburn Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Fixed it again :wacko:

apparently, there's little to do in the E:D universe and it lacks a metagame as it's still in beta and most of the features have yet to be implemented.

As for SC, my enjoyment of it increased 10 fold when I found out how to switch the roll and yaw axis. The gameplay is excellent for an pre-alpha. You need to get used to the controls, but once you do, battles are very interesting. I just hope they optimize it enough so my FPS stops dropping from 60 to 30 everytime the enemies spawn.

#1145 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

View PostShinVector, on 10 August 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

SC has a long way to go till 2015. Just tried my first squadron battle... Lol Chaos...

Meanwhile it is MWO turn to catch up on delayed promises.

They've been having chances endlessly from 2013 already... wake up...

If SC alpha is as good as mwo closed beta was, its already gonna kill it.

This one only went downwards since.

#1146 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

In case any in here missed it today was the live stream from GamesCom in Germany. Among the reveals were the variants for the Constellations. Also a new advertisement for the Constellation. This one involving the more explorer geared one called the Aquila

Constellation Aquila Commercial

In the patch 2 weeks from now besides other miscellaneous things they are adding co-op mode to vanduul swarm, leader boards for arena commander, and racing!

Racing trailer

They also released a teaser trailer of the FPS module either to be released at PAX Austrailia or to be revealed more there.

Biggest thing they actually did a demo of is the multi-crew combat shown here between a Constellation and 2-3 Hornets.

Multi-crew battle.

#1147 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

That Murray Cup racing trailer looks WICKED. Reminds me of the Playstation Game series "Wipeout". I bet this is a module of the game that will accommodate a gamepad really well.

#1148 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Yeah I didn't link it or thought about it when I posted the others last night, but they actually played it there at Gamescom as well. It will be in that patch in 2 weeks. Looks really wicked. Chris said all current ships plus the 350r and M50 will be able to race. So should be interesting and funny with Auroras an hornets in the mix. LOL

#1149 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostChavette, on 12 August 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

What is your problem... As long SC is not ready yet... They will still have their chances.
Then again... Space Sims might not be everyones cup of tea.

Edited by ShinVector, 16 August 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#1150 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

With the new videos and release of the Constellation stable of ships, they raised over $1.5 million in less than 48 hours. At the time of this post, they are at $51,187,701.

#1151 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Play Star Citizen Free for a week

IF you go to Dragon-Con

#1152 Master Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 373 posts
  • LocationKentucky, United States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Racing! First-person shooting! Epic space battles! Interior decorating! Fishing! Horse-breeding! Finger-painting!
STAR CITIZEN IS EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER WANT DONATE TODAY

This is getting more and more...upsetting...as time drudges on.

#1153 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostMaster Maniac, on 31 August 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Racing! First-person shooting! Epic space battles! Interior decorating! Fishing! Horse-breeding! Finger-painting!
STAR CITIZEN IS EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER WANT DONATE TODAY

This is getting more and more...upsetting...as time drudges on.

That sounded alot like Arche Age, except the space battle part, they got naval battle instead.

#1154 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostChavette, on 12 August 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

"good" is sunjective, but I can say there's just as much game play in SC's AC alpha as there is in MWO.
actually
there's more because you have single-player as well.

#1155 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

SC's pre-alpha is already as good if not better than the current MW:O Beta. And CR and crew are not in a rush to shove SC out the door like a lot of games have been.

Here is a quote from Chris Roberts regarding what SC will be offering:

One other thing to consider is with Arena Commander, people are only seeing a very small window into what the world of Star Citizen will be like. There's going to be much much larger play areas, much more need for system, energy and radar signature management, huge multi crewed ships mixed with small single seater ones, play geared to both cooperative play and single play, combat that works for both PvP and PvE. There's going to be plenty of stuff to challenge even the most skillful players but you also have to remember the game needs to be accessible - not everyone is a "simmer" - some people want to explore, some want to trade, some just want to sight see. My objective is to make it easy to get the hang of flight and combat but difficult to become truly masterful. I strongly believe the current design will deliver this in spades once all the features come on line.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 08 September 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#1156 Roburn Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

SC's pre-alpha is already as good if not better than the current MW:O Beta. And CR and crew are not in a rush to shove SC out the door like a lot of games have been.

Arena Commander has yet to impress me. Hopefully once they add 6 degrees of flight things might be better.

On the other hand early MWO alpha with 1 map and only 4 mechs blew my socks off B)

#1157 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostRoburn Bliss, on 09 September 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Arena Commander has yet to impress me. Hopefully once they add 6 degrees of flight things might be better.

On the other hand early MWO alpha with 1 map and only 4 mechs blew my socks off B)

Yah, that's the moment I realized PGI had something special. It's the game I've been waiting 25 years for. Or longer. I can't remember. When did Battletech come out? Since then, basically.

That is something CIG really needs to watch out for. Gameplay is everything, and until they get that sorted out they are at real risk of getting off to a rough start. A beautiful **** is still a ****. They need to start with the diamond and polish the hell out of it.

#1158 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostHeffay, on 09 September 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Yah, that's the moment I realized PGI had something special. It's the game I've been waiting 25 years for. Or longer. I can't remember. When did Battletech come out? Since then, basically.

That is something CIG really needs to watch out for. Gameplay is everything, and until they get that sorted out they are at real risk of getting off to a rough start. A beautiful **** is still a ****. They need to start with the diamond and polish the hell out of it.

Yeah.. Man !! CIG really really has to watch out for PGI now...
I guess PGI won't have much time to show CIG how things should be done now.. Eh? :blink:
Spoiler

Cough !! *Clone* Cough!!!

I am honestly having a hard getting impressed with PGI's latest promotion video.
I keep getting reminded, I seen those ships somewhere else before.

Edited by ShinVector, 09 September 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#1159 Roburn Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Now this is impressive:

#1160 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

You get your wish in release 0.9

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users