Star Citizen

Gameplay

1443 replies to this topic

#1241 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

I especially like the iterations, based on feedback, that they've done to the targeting system. At first it had you aim at the target and all weapons would gimbal. You could see a lag aim indicator showing where the weapons were going to shoot if fired at that time (ungimbaled). Then they changed over to a lead indicator you had to aim for with it separated by weapon's projectile speed as well as disabled the gimbal on weapons that should not do so. After a lot of feedback (I didn't like this myself) they changed it to what it is now. You have lag indicators showing where your projectiles are going to hit based on your current target and vector. It is much easier to land shots and your now staring at the target instead of lead indicators.

As for the Flight controls it feels more precise. Although, as Punkass said, the mouse controls are a bit touchy still (they may need to work more on the ESP for mouse control) but feel much better than previous iterations. I'm still not sold on how the maneuvering thrusters work myself. They seem particularly powerful, especially when you're using boost. Comstab and G-Safe are much better. You can still black out with G-Safe on much like a fighter pilot will eventually black out even staying within the confines of the G-Limits. Comstab on/off is much more obvious and nice to see the differences. Basically Comstab tries to make the ship not drift/slide by scrubbing speed or reducing the amount of thrust being applied by the maneuvering thrusters. Off, the ship can slide or even "spin out".

The big thing that I've seen as of recent is the Coupled/Uncoupled changes. Before, they always were direct inputs and would be immediately mitigated when you were not putting in any thrust vectors. Now, you maintain your momentum unless you act upon it (Newton's Law of Motion). I really like it but I need a better Flight Yoke and Pedals before I can really dive into using it myself. My poor Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 can only do so much and I haven't used it since I played MW4: Mercs. The Keyboard+Mouse controls for 6DoF are a bit difficult to handle. Although, I do like that even in coupled mode you can strafe and control elevation now.

Edited by CompproB237, 23 November 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#1242 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostCompproB237, on 20 November 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Oh and I will concede that Arena Commander's initial module release was delayed all the way until June 4th, 2014. That's longer than 60 to 90 days but at least there was an apology posted about it. Although, this delay was stated 90 days and then they delayed it much longer but they continuously provided explanations. Obviously they had a working pre-alpha that was being used in many of the PAX events and previews/livestreams they had running to show the progress. When they announced the v.8 delay on May 28th, 2014 they thoroughly explained why. I respect that, and this is why I did not take issue with the delays.

Granted those posts do show shifting in production deadlines, they've consistently been very open about why. Again, I don't have a problem with a delay so long as it's explained. The amount of detail they've given as to the reasons for delay have also been really appreciated.

don't forget DAILY updates on the status

#1243 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 22 November 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

Heffay, you need to present a more rational and cogent argument instead of only pieces of information that partially support your points of view or beliefs. Otherwise, you just come off as ill-informed.

bwahahahahaha (you should check post history)

Bottom line, any time there's been a delay in SC, there's been a LOT of open and upfront dialogue from the dev team explaining what's going on as well as consistent updates DURING the delayed time period and showing what's being done to get it out. Customers are much more responsive when they aren't ignored.

Look at the MWT fiasco. Do you think one single customer of that game would drop another dime into the development after what they've been through?

It's a matter of making customers feel like they're valuable beyond "we have your money now, we're going to move on to the next "target "audience" and take theirs and completely ignore you for the next year or so"

There's a huge difference in the type of communication the SC team has delivered on a regular basis and what has been given here in the past. Things are getting better, but until it's implemented it's just another "promise" so we'll see.

I noticed that SC continues to engage its audience and even if it's not the answer they want, they still get regular answers to questions and concerns. Say what you want, but there's a reason they've made over $60 million.

#1244 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

Deleted offtopic posts and redacted posts by request.
I don't like to do it but we had enough mod reminders here and reports.
This forum is big enough for every kind of discussion. This thread is for Star Citizen.
Next offtopic post from known users will earn their well deserved warning.

#1245 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:47 PM

I bit the bullet today and bought a package for SC. Just a small Aurora LN package for $45. That'll be it for me until they launch the game. Downloading the client now (holey smokes this is a big client download).

#1246 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 28 November 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

I bit the bullet today and bought a package for SC. Just a small Aurora LN package for $45. That'll be it for me until they launch the game. Downloading the client now (holey smokes this is a big client download).

They had $20 game packages for sale throughout the day today.

And yes, it hasn't been optimized for anything yet. ;) 12GB or so? It's rather huge for 2 modules.

#1247 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

take some time to get acclimated to flying. It can be a beast at times but oh so satisfying!

#1248 Punkass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

Turn COMSTAB off and you get a little space ship drift action going. Lots of fun to kick the rear end out.

#1249 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostHeffay, on 28 November 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

They had $20 game packages for sale throughout the day today.

And yes, it hasn't been optimized for anything yet. ;) 12GB or so? It's rather huge for 2 modules.

It's actually grown to over 20GB.

#1250 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hmm, wasn't really paying attention to download size, but I think it was 30-31G. Took all afternoon on my 50M down cable modem.

#1251 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hello fellow citizens! So, how many of you have joined/created an Org? :)

#1252 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

View Postred devil2, on 05 December 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I've created my own as well as affiliated with another. I'm interested to see where this system goes.

Also, looks like they're allowing everyone to try out the Hornet this week. I'm pleased to see this.

#1253 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

View Postred devil2, on 05 December 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I created my own, with a few friends. One other corp has all it's members affilated with us.

#1254 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

Voice Attack - $8

https://forums.rober...ime-with-cylons

https://forums.rober...h-your-voice/p1

#1255 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

And the most recent "Around the Verse" - some interesting details

#1256 RalphVargr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationTureded, Lanth Subsector, Spinward Marches

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

I think I like the Cylon better.

#1257 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

#1258 Roburn Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

#1259 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:23 AM

The Mustang commercial followed by the new SC video

#1260 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

Test drive the Mustang

The following is a TEST Squadron spoof of the CIG Mustang commercial

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 17 January 2015 - 12:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users