#21 DLFReporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

I love the guys who compare MWO to SC. ^^
It isn't even out yet. Not even an Alpha.

#22 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostDLFReporter, on 02 July 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

I love the guys who compare MWO to SC. ^^
It isn't even out yet. Not even an Alpha.

Well we also compared MWLL with MWO in the beginning of MWO - and MWO was so much better <_<

#23 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Considering that it's prealpha, but keeping in mind how little has to be rendered in a space environment versus something terrestrial, what they've shown of SC so far looks amazingly bad.

#24 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 02 July 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Well we also compared MWLL with MWO in the beginning of MWO - and MWO was so much better :)

Prove it, Karl ...
I dare you , nay, ...
I DOUBLE DARE YOU !
Albeit MW:O has the potential to be the best iteration of MW games it still is far away from what MW:LL is right now, even with development shot in the head .

Your ball, Karli.

Back on topic:

Space Citizen needs some more time ( my uneducated guess estimates about 12-18 months if not more) before it resembles something worth playing, even when and if everything comes along as promised and is not handed in piece by piece afterwards .

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 03 July 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#25 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 03 July 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Prove it, Karl ...
I dare you , nay, ...
I DOUBLE DARE YOU !
Albeit MW:O has the potential to be the best iteration of MW games it still is far away from what MW:LL is right now, even with development shot in the head .

Your ball, Karli.

I give you RE

I was talking about feeling. MWLL had at this time much sniping, and LRM poptarging...from time to time even a camp fest. ironically only movement was caused by some newbs like me - that thought hey .- i have the money now lets give them hell with my ShadowCat....
At this time MWO had more brawling, more intense fighting over clinical long range fighting. Not to forget the abillity to modifiy your Mech and charge damage. And a heat curve that was really troublesome.

Well but MWO became lame and boring and death simple - so subjective it is far worser as it was in the closed beta

#26 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

Just pledged :)

I think alpha access begins by the end of this year doesnt it? For dogfighting at least

#27 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

I have to say I don't get what a lot of people seem to see in Star Citizen. I have played the old games of Wing Commander, Freespace etc, and they were OK, but while I love both flight sims and science fiction settings, I never enjoyed games of that type as much as others. I see those games more as a romantically glorified remake of WW I dogfighting.

I also don't like the size of real ships, not that tiny stuff that currently occupies ship list. "Heavy Mercantile" carries 30tons? Are you kidding me? A heavy space freighter should be carrying thousands, even millions of tons. To compare with current standards: the game is proposing to use 15.000 trucks instead of one post-panamax freight ship to carry stuff between continents. The whole trade concept sounds not thought through at this moment.

If the game at least had a number of capital ships like X3 and X3:TC...

Am I overlooking something that makes this game great?

Edited by Genewen, 03 July 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#28 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Spoiler

Fair enough .

Sadly you seem to have missed the worldchampions of going critical in enemies faces a.k.a. =12thVR=, these guys had it down to go closecombat with tremendous success for most of their attacks.

The type of gameplay you describe sounds like it was the good ´ole Russians, predominantly ELH and RDL, they really loved playing hide´n snipe, which got boring really fast.

Anyways, all people have their opinions and I wont argue over those, at least not with you, since you gave your answer fair and square.

Back on topic, and sorry for deviating.

#29 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

hey I love WW1 dogfighting but I think Star Citizen will be alot more than that. I think what a lot of people are liking is the approach they have taken of such open-ness and a real labour of love with regard to the design and development philosophy.

You cannot help but see these guys know what they are doing and they have a passion that's really quite infectious and borne out by their crowdfunding success. With such a good pedigree in terms of previous games on top of that and some very skilled (and yet also exciting) marketing then it seems to be a recipe for success.

#30 Schrottfrosch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

EvE-online is the only valid space MMO out there.

Even if Star Citizen is going to release, EvE-O will be there.

Star Citizen is going to be like SWTOR - a single player space opera campaign with the option to invite friends to your PVE-instance and the obligation to do a few "PvP"-events. Meeting total random people is going to happen at save zones, where you can show off your spaceship and your clothing.

#31 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostNeoFighter, on 29 June 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

200 Idris ships sold out at 1250$ in less than 15 min. So lets see that's a quarter of a million dollars in less than 15 min for a game that's not even in alpha yet. Shows you how much trust Chris Roberts group is creating with his community, me included. I pretty much done with this game unless they flat out impress me in the next 4 months. Star Citizen here I come

I doubt it. How long can you play a game that has a broken issue that hasn't been fixed in over 5 months, i know i've had enough.

This is what I pointed out to one of the doubting Mods, over in my Dear PGI post.

#32 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostLagfest, on 30 June 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Well to be fair, Chris and his team have been in the gaming industry for a looooong time, PGI is a newcomer.
So the hate directed at them is a little much.

now I'm not saying I dislike either, as I have also thrown money at both, but we had hopes just as high during pre beta in MWO too.

I think people get all angsty for no reason. just play the game and have fun.

And I don't fear the Idris, I got something just for you! #bombers

Uh no...thats like saying that if i had the mad mad idea tomorrow to sell my property management business, and suddenly decided to invest everything in making a huge Cryengine 3 M.U.L.E...

And then having the audacity to NOT expect people to direct copious volumes of hate at me for basically mismanaging a classic IP, having little experience in bringing a AAA title to market and beyond.

View PostSchrottfrosch, on 03 July 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Star Citizen is going to be like SWTOR - a single player space opera campaign with the option to invite friends to your PVE-instance and the obligation to do a few "PvP"-events. Meeting total random people is going to happen at save zones, where you can show off your spaceship and your clothing.

Except thats NOT hows it planned out, at all... They have a specific persistent shard server fully meant for mass multiplayer.

You want to play offline with whatever mods you want? Sure

You want to play on a persistent server with tons of other peeps? Okay, you can do that too with more rules.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 03 July 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#33 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

I have yet to see a game designed as PvE, with bolted on PvP, that was worth playing.

#34 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostchiXnhawk, on 29 June 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

KaoS is planning on having a strong presence in this game.

You guys(and generally all people) have same ID there? I do.

#35 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostSchrottfrosch, on 03 July 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

You seem to miss a vital point:

SC is not a click and forget - MMO. You have to fly yourself. I never liked EVE, because you cant fly yourself. EVE is WOW in a different setting. You click at your enemy and you take turns kicking each other in your virtual groins until one either dies or flees.

SC will be about skill. So it will attract a lot of players, who didnt like EVE. Like me.

#36 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostChavette, on 03 July 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

You guys(and generally all people) have same ID there? I do.

Yes we do.

#37 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

August to walk around the Flight Hangers...

December for Alpha Dogfighting.

Missions done by end August 2014, with a gradual change from dogfighting to the actual game in updates.

December 2014 for Beta Release.

Oh,

And 12 millions dollars and rising as of today.

Eve is boring as hell, i know as I went all the way skilling up a Widow. Instead of point and click, it comes down to a wait and click game, as everything is dependent on your cycles.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 04 July 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#38 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

I like that Star Citizen isn't an MMO and he's trying to make it as completely skill based as possible (monthly caps on $ purchases, no leveling or exp, different but not better weapons/ships)...

#39 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Def looks very interesting and something to consider, no reason why I cant play and enjoy both.

#40 Tedarin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

http://youtu.be/ZZWaBnpSvUk?t=8m39s

This was a really interesting video. Here Chris explains publisher model vs crowd funding, and pc game development for niche games...
[hint] ...like Mechwarrior [/hint]

Edited by Tedarin, 06 July 2013 - 11:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users