Star Citizen

Gameplay

1443 replies to this topic

#41 Langkard

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 03 July 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

... and suddenly decided to invest everything in making a huge Cryengine 3 M.U.L.E...

I'd play that. Then again, I used to call in sick at work in the early 80's because I spent all night playing M.U.L.E. on my Atari 8-bit. Those were fun times, back when Electronic Arts was a responsible and reliable computer game company known for releasing a multitude of great games from many developers - games like M.U.L.E. and Archon and all of the rest. Then EA became the Gordon Gecko of the computer game industry.

#42 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

CW was supposed to be released in June, PGI missed a huge target date.... no suprises there.

Crazy thing is you would think I would have learned my lesson with this whole founder business with PGI, but I managed to still shell out $350 to RSI for a game over a year from launch lol......

RSI states a release of Dec 2013 (http://robertspaceindustries.com)
PGI states a release as NOT before full launch and possibly Q1 2014 (some random podcast with Russ)

Which do you believe?

Edited by deforce, 08 July 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#43 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Never heard of Star Citizen... ;)

MWO it is.

#44 Lokust Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 927 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon, Inner Sphere.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

star citizen alpha will come out first before MWO's CW phase 3.

#45 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I did not see giant stompy robots in Star Citizen's literature so it holds no interest for me.

#46 Karr285

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 445 posts
  • LocationAB, CAN

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

considering Star Citizen "arena" alpha will be in December I really really hope MWO wins this race....

#47 Savageson

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

I mean this is one of those funny questions. Does CW have to have all features to be considered 'released' or does any bit of CW count even if its just picking factions and starting to collect loyalty or something like that. <- bad sentence

Its not really a great topic for discussion. I mean I gave mwo 120 bucks for CW September 2012 and closed beta access. I did get one of those things. I gave Star Citizen 200 bucks to crowd fund a game with no 'publisher', get a metal citizen card and a T-shirt. It would be a better poll to see if Star Citizen would hit its first major deadline and maybe add extra questions for each mile stone.

#48 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostSavageson, on 08 July 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I mean this is one of those funny questions. Does CW have to have all features to be considered 'released' or does any bit of CW count even if its just picking factions and starting to collect loyalty or something like that. <- bad sentence

Its not really a great topic for discussion. I mean I gave mwo 120 bucks for CW September 2012 and closed beta access. I did get one of those things. I gave Star Citizen 200 bucks to crowd fund a game with no 'publisher', get a metal citizen card and a T-shirt. It would be a better poll to see if Star Citizen would hit its first major deadline and maybe add extra questions for each mile stone.

well as far as im concerned it sounds like Squadron 42 alpha is exactly how MWO is currently. You fly around and kill each other, no missions, objectives, goals.

So RSI hitting that Dec 2013 target date is the first HUGE goal for them IMO.

CW is the ONLY thing I am looking forward to in MWO still. As far as MWO's official launch, it means nothing to unless CW is released with it as well.

#49 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

flame war engage

#50 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Star Citizen no doubt. When has PGI met any goals recently?

#51 Savageson

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well, to be fair, we can capture bases to win a match. =D We even got a mode were we capture 5 bases instead of one and the counter goes up instead of down!

#52 Crazyeyes244

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPlanet Helen

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostSavageson, on 08 July 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

The way I see it, any "Community Warfare" would require Warfare. Labeling anything less as "Phase 1" or something is just kind of a cop out and shouldn't count.

#53 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Squadron 42 alpha is exactly how MWO is currently.

Actually SQ42 will be much much more fleshed out than what you are likely thinking, but that doesn't start until August of 2014! What you are comparing to MWO right now is the upcoming dogfighting module, which from a game impact perspective is pretty much where MWO is, that is a deathmatch mode to test game mechanics before the persistent universe is applied.

http://starcitizen.w...elease_schedule

This August is the hanger module (get into your ships, walk around your and others hangers/ships, play around with upgrades etc), Dec the dogfighting module but yeah, SQ42 aplha not for a year. It is going to be a 55 mission deal that while a single player campaign, it ties into the larger SC universe (you earn your 'citizenship' by serving in the UEE futurespacenavy) plus an additional 16 missions on a standalone disc...

#54 Savageson

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

If the hanger module works right its going to be what I wished the mechlab would be.

#55 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Definitely SC ftw! They keep a tight schedule so far with no setbacks. We know exactly where our money goes when investing in it. We know we'll be in alpha before CW is fully implemented and the BT universe timetable is re-synced ( a year or MORE behind schedule ) to actual events which could have an impact. Further, they fully appreciate and listen to serious pvp players as well as pve carebears. I've never felt duped or lied to by CIG. Also, CIG has Chris Roberts, who has never made a bad game and has an excellent track record. PGI is another story that makes my ears bleed. Don't believe me? Feel free to join the party over there a day late and a dollar short when the party is over @ MWO. I'll be the guy boarding your ship to loot it.

#56 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Star Citizen is just promises and concepts so far. Bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket when they haven't released anything at all yet.

#57 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

My eggs in the MWO basket have rotted... since late November 2011.

#58 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 08 July 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

My eggs in the MWO basket have rotted... since late November 2011.

The difference is MWO is out, but slow at development. Star Citizen has nothing. If it's another Ouya situation, people poured money into that kickstarter and it turned out to be fairly terrible, just don't be surprised.

Edited by jakucha, 08 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#59 Ravill

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

View Postjakucha, on 08 July 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Star Citizen is just promises and concepts so far. Bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket when they haven't released anything at all yet.

Star Citizen hasn't let anyone down yet so the sky is the limit. I'm not saying game development is easy but all they have to do is set the bar low for each release so they can either meet or exceed their consumers expectations. MWO on the other hand squandered that chance by not doing much with the time they've had in beta.

#60 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

View Postjakucha, on 08 July 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

The difference is MWO out, but slow at development. Star Citizen has nothing. If it's another Ouya situation, people poured money into that kickstarter and it turned out to be fairly terrible, just don't be surprised.

Star Citizen already has something to show for it. Is it playable? No, but real progress is being made (and they show it to us) whereas MWO has stagnated for months with no real concrete proof that CW is actually coming.

Check it

What we don't have:
Time line: Nonexistent
Role Warfare: Nonexistent
Community Warfare: Nonexistent
Information Warfare: in shambles
Clans: Nonexistent
Knockdowns/physics: Nonexistent
Weapon Balance: Nonexistent
In game Voice Comms: Nonexistent
3pv: Nonexistent

What we do have:
Mechs
Consumables
Cash Shop
5-6 maps

At this point PGI has removed more than they have implemented.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users