Quickdraw Hero 'mech Iv-Four

97 replies to this topic

#21 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Looks good exactly as stated here, doesnt need any engine changes.

#22 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Was mildly interested until I saw the engine limitation.

MC for a Not-Quick-Enough-Draw...?

Nah. I already have a gimped Hero medium in the Golden Boy.

#23 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

I'd maybe give it the nod to 300 for engine size, but thats because i like round heat sink numbers, and it wouldn't make much of a difference when compared to the other Quickdraws.

And not to gripe, but i really dislike Hero Mechs getting things that no other mech in the Chassis has. it just sort of takes away from the Chassis flavor for me, and while not really Pay 2 Win due to other mechs having a similar load-out, it still just irks me.

#24 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

I like that is different to the rest and at least it is not nerfed like other heroes for lots of money. Looks customizable and definitly not pay 2 win. For the money you put, hereos should be on par with the other variants not below them.

#25 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Looks interesting. May get some quickdraws now. By the way. No mention of price. I know I can look it up. But it does not hurt to post it.

#26 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 06 May 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Looks interesting. May get some quickdraws now. By the way. No mention of price. I know I can look it up. But it does not hurt to post it.

4500 MC

#27 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

I've never looked twice at a Quickdraw but, I have to say this one is looking pretty nice in camo pattern and layout. The ballistic points mounted in separate arms and the symmetrical hard points are pretty good. Plus it can even zombie if need be.

#28 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

i can't afford it now, but kudos for doing canon stuff!

#29 Vidarok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationVestibule of Creation

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Of course it has ballistics, otherwise no one would buy it or use it. SRMs are still not working properly (much to my dismay, as the other QKD variants are rare to see)... also, the Quickdraw itself is too large for its tonnage. Glaring issues that are left untouched. If you want to use ballistics, there are far better mechs to use.

In addition, the paintjob is horrible. At least you can change the colors into something that doesn't convey the words "SHOOT THE CRAP OUT OF ME!"

#30 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Well, after playing a dozen matches in my new IV-Four, I can make some comparisons.

Think of the IV-Four as a Centurion with JJ. Yes, the IV is a Heavy and has ballistic in both arms, but I found it works best for me if I load it up similar to a CN9-A.

280XL
1 UAC/5
2 ML
2 SRM6
2 JJ

#31 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

So any bets on how many of these you will see running around once Summoners are on the field? Faster, more durable, can jump too and carries a bigger gun in some of the common configurations.....basically the quickdraws natural predator.

#32 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 May 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Hmm 2 AC10 and 2 ML, +JJs. I wasn't going to buy this but now I am tempted.

You'd be moving at about 60 kph. In a de facto oversized medium.

Low engine cap and ballistics? I hate that the recent heroes abandon the spirit of their chassis so completely.

And keep in mind the QKD has low-slung arms, so you won't be using those guns over anything. You'll have to get all the way up with both feet planted on top of the hill before you can fire.

#33 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

XL280 + 2 UAC5 + LPL
XL280 + 2 AC10

#34 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hate the paint job. The lore is decent, but I would have preferred something with an old West theme for the Quickdraw. Mixed feelings about the loadout. I am very excited by the hardpoints, but the small engine is going to suck and put this mech in the same category as the Thunderbolt (maybe slightly better).

#35 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostFelio, on 07 May 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

And keep in mind the QKD has low-slung arms, so you won't be using those guns over anything. You'll have to get all the way up with both feet planted on top of the hill before you can fire.

That's what JumpJets are for. :o

#36 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 07 May 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

So any bets on how many of these you will see running around once Summoners are on the field? Faster, more durable, can jump too and carries a bigger gun in some of the common configurations.....basically the quickdraws natural predator.

PGI kicked lore in the junk when they allowed anyone to take Clan Mechs. I realize that this move was pragmatic, because all the kiddies will want the most OP and cool mechs (just like in TT when Clans first came out), so there would not be enough people playing IS for CW to work if they had not allowed anyone to get Clan Mechs (not to mention that they make more money this way).

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 07 May 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

That's what JumpJets are for. :o

Unfortunately any of the 55 tonners that have JJ can do everything this hero mech can, but better,

#37 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 07 May 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

Hate the paint job. The lore is decent, but I would have preferred something with an old West theme for the Quickdraw. Mixed feelings about the loadout. I am very excited by the hardpoints, but the small engine is going to suck and put this mech in the same category as the Thunderbolt (maybe slightly better).

Couldn't agree more. I'm running a 280 now, and I hate it. 290 will only get me 3 more kph after speed tweak. I run 320 - 360 in the other 3 variants. putting me between 90 - 106 kph. With a 290, it still is just shy of 90 with speed tweak. If they'd made the engine cap at least 320 I'd have been very happy.

It's slow and ugly, but I've been asking for a QKD with ballistics for some time. I'm gonna learn to love it. :o

#38 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

there isn't enough complaining on this thread. Complain more. Its the only thing we know. Also....I expect this hero mech to disappear

#39 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

For those complaining about the engine limit, the devs had to balance the thing somehow. It's got a pair of ballistics and a pair of missiles, this makes it fairly powerful. It were as fast as normal variants, people would be screaming P2W! Gimping as they have, means they've stuck to their never P2W model - and I for appreciate that.

#40 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 07 May 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

For those complaining about the engine limit, the devs had to balance the thing somehow. It's got a pair of ballistics and a pair of missiles, this makes it fairly powerful. It were as fast as normal variants, people would be screaming P2W! Gimping as they have, means they've stuck to their never P2W model - and I for appreciate that.

The error in that logic is that it takes a lot of tonnage to fill in the ballistic slots. I'm not saying the Dragon or the hero Quickdraw is bad (well, they are) but it does eat a lot of tonnage to get them where they need to be. Even the tri-AC2 dakka Dragon is hard to field due to the amount of ammo you'd have to carry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users