#102 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

Posted Image

Marik Civil War Season 4 is coming to a close. There are just 2 turns remaining and Ransom's Corsairs, infamous pirates-turned privateers-turned mercenaries, intend to keep our self-claimed homeworld.

To do so, we need some fresh blood. Yours, not to put too fine a point on it.

We're looking for experienced pilots who want to share their knowledge and focus on more competitive 1st & 3rd party game modes.

We're looking for soloists who are looking to expand their MWO enjoyment by grabbing hold of the true "end-game" content - a group to call their own.

And we're looking for bright shiny newbs, who realize the quickest way to success in this game is learning from folks who've already done all the grinding, made all the mistakes and learned all the harshest lessons.

Visit us on teamspeak at ts3.ransomscorsairs.com any night of the week (9pm-1am EST) to share some laughs and enjoy some drops.

We may even give you a cut of the booty. We're cool like that.

#103 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

Posted Image
[RC] is still accepting pilots of all experience and commitment levels. We are an increasingly competitive team doing well in Marik Civil War - Season 4, Community Warfare and group queues for fun. Previously we enjoyed success in the Inner Sphere Coalition tourney.

Moving forward we hope to be active in all 1st and 3rd party run MWO events, leagues and tourneys.

And we want you to join us in these endeavors!

Drop by teamspeak ts3.ransomscorsairs.com any night to meet some of the unit, share in some fun drops and ridiculous conversations.

#104 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

Anyone else think Blargrg is going to be terrifying in an Urbie?

#105 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

up until the point he torso twists himself to nausea.

#106 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

And now, a message from Col. Ransom himself:
Posted Image

#107 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostArkadash, on 30 January 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Anyone else think Blargrg is going to be terrifying in an Urbie?

Blarg isn't human. He's an aimbot that can speak.

#108 Puppeteerxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostArkadash, on 27 January 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

I've got it; by Jove I've got it! I figured out what potential recruits want to hear, and best of all, it's 100% true!

Here goes:

I updated our shared drop deck/proficiency/scheduling spreadsheet!

I know, pretty amazing, right? What, you might ask, did the update accomplish? While I can't share everything on the public forums, I can tell you that it is now alphabetized, it changes color, and, best of all, the formulas all work!

I know this is some pretty heady information I'm dropping on you, but just take a slow, deep breath and I'm confident you'll make it through. I'm not sure if a better spreadsheet will help us stave off our attackers on Kincaid II and Woodbine, but it sure does look purty.

I hope prospective recruits see how awesome this is. We have someone else to do your spreadsheets for you!

#109 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostPuppeteerxerxes, on 31 January 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

I hope prospective recruits see how awesome this is. We have someone else to do your spreadsheets for you!

and in colour!

#110 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Two matches in Marik Civil War coming up - can't wait!

#111 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

Just a heads-up that upon the completion of Marik Civil War - Season 4, Ransom's Corsairs will be hosting an open-house.

It will be an evening of ridiculous banter, fun drops and friendly challenges.

We hope to see many of our longtime friends (and enemies) as well as new friends and even perfect strangers. Plan your most garish paint jobs, your most goofy builds, your worst one-liners... we'll give you ample opportunities to use them all.

It is not a recruitment event per-se, but we welcome anyone considering joining a unit. Ransom's Corsairs will have our Drop Commanders available to take anyone who is new to group drops, or just entering the competitive scene, through a few "serious" drops so they can experience the gulf of difference between non-communicative and disorganized PUGs and a clearly directed tactical team.

Check in for further details. We'll announce a date Soontm

#112 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

Ransom's Corsairs are good peeps

I'd suggest any new player give them a look

I know more than a few RC's really helped me when I was new...and that help was invaluable and useful today

#113 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 02 February 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Ransom's Corsairs are good peeps

Thanks Bulletsponge, we try.

#114 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostMott, on 02 February 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Just a heads-up that upon the completion of Marik Civil War - Season 4, Ransom's Corsairs will be hosting an open-house.

It will be an evening of ridiculous banter, fun drops and friendly challenges.

We hope to see many of our longtime friends (and enemies) as well as new friends and even perfect strangers. Plan your most garish paint jobs, your most goofy builds, your worst one-liners... we'll give you ample opportunities to use them all.

It is not a recruitment event per-se, but we welcome anyone considering joining a unit. Ransom's Corsairs will have our Drop Commanders available to take anyone who is new to group drops, or just entering the competitive scene, through a few "serious" drops so they can experience the gulf of difference between non-communicative and disorganized PUGs and a clearly directed tactical team.

Check in for further details. We'll announce a date Soontm

I'm already getting excited for the open house. I've got a ton of garish paints and wacky builds in my garage that are clamoring to get a chance to see the battlefield. It's going to be fun to let the weird out. I'm going on record now and forecasting that we come away from the open house with at least two new, comp-viable builds that were sitting in a Corsair's garage just collecting dust.

#115 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

Been with the Corsairs for almost a couple months and it's been a great experience thus far. After being married forced recruited into the unit day 1 it didn't take long to feel right at home in regards to how these guys operate as my previous (dead) unit were the same way.

If you're looking for focus, improvement, and a general good time... these are your guys.

*Sidenote: He went to Jared's.

Posted Image

#116 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

Apparently the Clans have been running rough-shod all over FRR and Kurita since Ransom's Corsairs stopped focusing on CW (waiting for game mode improvements).

B)

Maybe it's time we re-up our FRR contract to smack some wolf noses or swat some bear paws.

Care to join us?

We're looking for experienced veteran players as well as players completely new to Battletech. We're looking for pilots who are intent on excelling competitively, as well as those who just want to play to relax and keep our lore-fluffy members company in the pug Qs.

We're currently wrapping up Marik Civil War - Season 4. Once that's done we'll be focusing intently on CW once again and plan to be a pivotal independent merc unit.

Get onto our teamspeak - ts3.ransomscorsairs.com - any evening to shoot the breeze with us and grab some fun drops.

#117 Artic Ronin

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

When I started MWO I was a wimp, a nobody. My Jenner got sand kicked in its face by Locusts and my Hunchbacks all malfunctioned and ran around in circles. Since Joining the Ransom's Corsairs, I've gotten way better. Now I blow up drop ships with small pulse lasers, My Spider can kill a 12 man Dire wolf team on its own, and I regularly jump out of my mech to hijack other peoples mechs with only my boy scout knife.

Though legit these guys are pretty fun.

#118 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostArtic Ronin, on 04 February 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

and I regularly jump out of my mech to hijack other peoples mechs with only my boy scout knife.

We haven't even issued Artic his boy scout knife. We gave him a bamboo picnic butter knife and just told him it's a lethal blade. He bought it.

RC dropping vs Clan Ghost Bear International tonight in Marik Civil War - Season 4, the War for Woodbine.

Bad luck to our foes. May their knee actuators seize, their targeting comps freeze and their wives and husbands cheat.

#119 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

Our abs were checked on Woodbine and we passed with flying colors.

#120 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

we reminded the folks in CGBI that it's winter and bears are supposed to sleep.

well played, gentlepeople.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users