• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostChaosbarbarian, on 26 February 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hello lads

Just wondering if you're still hiring? an old gaming hand is interested, play mainly between 9am-5pm GMT (so I guess thats...scratches head.....2pm-10pm EST..i think) playing games for...ever, have several rugrats and work from home, thus the time available is quite wide :)

Chaos

Aye, we are. Will PM you.

#162 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

Mott! We'll be looking for you in Kurita space! PS Come get the last of ice statue from Kinkaid before I put in in my rum and coke on the weekend.

#163 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

I forget when we're scheduled Vas, but there's a 50/50 chance you'll have to suffer defeat at the hands of another Corsair.

I produce maple syrup and up here in frigid Canada we're fast approaching the season of liquid gold. My MWO presence drops to near-zip thru March & April.

#164 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

Well damn it! Enjoy the sugar shack big guy and I'll see you come the syrup off season. (PS I miss the fresh maple syrup, it's rare in Edmonton but snow isn't)

#165 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostVas79, on 26 February 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Well damn it! Enjoy the sugar shack big guy and I'll see you come the syrup off season. (PS I miss the fresh maple syrup, it's rare in Edmonton but snow isn't)

Interestingly enough, we track Edmonton weather patterns to determine what's going to hit us and plan our tapping/syruping work accordingly. Typically, whatever weather you have today, we'll get 3 days later.

Ransom's Corsairs are planning a community open house for late March, early April. We'll make sure to send APOC an invite and hopefully see a bunch of you there.

We'll have mech bays to give away!!!

#166 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 25 February 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

*Dodgeball invite*

I read that as "DOGEBALL"

Posted Image

Edited by Inflatable Fish, 28 February 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#167 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

Sweet, we like invites! It makes us think that maybe just maybe people like us.

#168 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostVas79, on 28 February 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Sweet, we like invites! It makes us think that maybe just maybe people like us.

they like us, and so they invite us to an event where everyone can shoot at us. flawless logic!

#169 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

Ransom's Corsairs are gearing up for the final Marik Civil War battle versus APOC - a grudge match - as season 4 winds down.

It looks like we've already locked up the top Pirate unit rating with most points and 2 planets conquered and held. Not bad for small unit just beginning to get serious about competitive MWO play.

We've prided ourselves on sticking to schedules, coming to each battle prepared with mechs built, pilots lined up and itchy trigger fingers. We've appreciated the same from most of our enemies.

Next we move towards a renewed focus on CW, and plans to host our own community open house - a day packed with fun events and camaraderie.

If you're considering joining a MWO unit, talk with us. We've got talent, coordination, focus and wins. And we combine them all into a very fun package.

www.ransomscorsairs.com
ts3.ransomscorsairs.com

#170 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

I enjoy playing with these guys, even if I do (on occasion) drop an artillery strike on their heads.

#171 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:20 AM

With the end of Marik Civil War owning 2 planets, the Corsairs will now turn our attention toward our Open House event filled with multiple game modes, prizes to be won, and a fantastic time to be had. You will also see us starting to get back into Community Warfare (and not just me dropping solo for those free mechbays). Also expect to see us in other future leagues to compete in, MCW is by no means the last you'll see of us.

As always if you're looking to join a competitive unit or the pug life is raising your salt levels, contact us. We won't give you the copy/paste B.S., but instead reach out on a personal level. Whether you're super l33t pro or just starting out, all are welcome.

http://www.ransomscorsairs.com/
ts3.ransomscorsairs.com

And remember folks, Piracy is Magic.

#172 Sauce Tomate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Always a blast playing with you guys! And I swear I didnt violate that snowman on Kinkaid II, too much anyway.

#173 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostSauce Tomate, on 07 March 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Always a blast playing with you guys! And I swear I didnt violate that snowman on Kinkaid II, too much anyway.

it showed us on the doll where you touched it.

#174 BlackPhoenix01

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:02 AM

You're all invited!

Posted Image

Link to MWO Post: http://mwomercs.com/...1257-dodgeball/

#175 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Ransom's Corsairs are back in CW action.

Mech builds are being refined, drop decks are being perfected, team strategies are being developed, and we're having a ball with it all.

If you're planning on joining a unit, look no further than Ransom's Corsairs. We value gaming enjoyment just as much as we value winning... and we've found a way to do both.

#176 Exige

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

I played a pug match with you guys last night on Forest Colony in my Enforcer 5P. Was pretty badass gunning down baddies with u all. Plus the paint schemes are too legit!

I'm a semi casual player and right now I usually just play with a few of my personal friends over vent. I'm a longtime Mechwarrior fan (ever since Mechwarrior 2 Mercs) and I'd like to test the waters in a more competitive scene for MWO.

Who can I talk to about signing up to join you Swashbucklers?!?!

#177 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostExige, on 11 March 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

I played a pug match with you guys last night on Forest Colony in my Enforcer 5P. Was pretty badass gunning down baddies with u all. Plus the paint schemes are too legit!

I'm a semi casual player and right now I usually just play with a few of my personal friends over vent. I'm a longtime Mechwarrior fan (ever since Mechwarrior 2 Mercs) and I'd like to test the waters in a more competitive scene for MWO.

feel free to hop on teamspeak and see if anyone's on. you may also try sending friend requests to the powers that be, i.e. Puppeteerxerxes, Arkadash, Muzakman, Mott, and/or I think Synapse49

#178 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostExige, on 11 March 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Glad to hear you had a good time Exige. Fish pretty much hit the nail on the head. You can send PMs to myself, Puppeteerxerxes, Arkadash, Synapse49 and Muzakman.

The most important part of our process is the playing together and ensuring a good fit. Sounds like you've already taken the first steps.

Stop by www.ransomscorsairs.com for a bit more information in our recruiting/new members section and fill out an application form. One of the site admins will give you the applicable permissions fairly quickly.

See you on the field.

#179 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

Most of us are more casual than competitive Exige. I think we try to be casual-smart, if that makes sense, as most of us have at least a few other trumping constraints on our time.

That said, we do all like to drive big stompy mechs and shoot other mechs. I prefer "in the face" but orders right now are generally "in the legs" ... and since they whip poor ******** like me for being insubordinate, I shoot where they say.

#180 Exige

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

I'll fill out an application on your site now! Thanks guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users