New Map Suggestion

98 replies to this topic

#41 Ansgar Odinson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

I would rather see larger maps with a variety of terrain in them. Large areas of underground mixed with open spaces and cover. That way there was no "its one way or the other". A good team could force the fight where they wanted it. A heavy LRM / jump sniper team could try and force the fight in the open. A heavy brawl team could try to force the fight indoors. The game would have a lot more tactical movement if they did it this way.

#42 Ansgar Odinson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

I would really like to see a huge forest map. One with lots of enormous conifer trees and thick ferns. Fog could be a random weather condition, you could have Big Forrest Fog and Big Forrest. You could easily include a cave or small portion of an underground facility. maybe even a mech factory or hanger.

As much as I would LOVE a true city map, I don't want to see one until destructible environments are put in place.

#43 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

I put in a suggestion for an area for mountainous terrain with fog in the lower portions of the map. I've seen fog hang low with only the tops of trees sticking out above it. I thought it would be neat to have a map like that, with the top of a Mech sticking up out of the fog.

#44 Ansgar Odinson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

I put in a suggestion for an area for mountainous terrain with fog in the lower portions of the map. I've seen fog hang low with only the tops of trees sticking out above it. I thought it would be neat to have a map like that, with the top of a Mech sticking up out of the fog.

Love it

#45 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Now that the Clans are done maybe we'll see some new maps in the future.

Fog is a great idea - another reason to use Thermal ingame.

#46 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Just took the Feature Request Poll http://mwomercs.com/...e-request-poll/
Great idea for feedback from the payers.

Devs how about a poll on future maps?

#47 Havok Jones

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

I would really like to see some new maps & game modes that utilize drop ships, space ships, mobile vehicles & heavier turret weaponry in game...even if its just scenery.
it would make the envionment feel much more alive.

#48 GeneralDissarray

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

I like the idea, or if caverns are too hard how about a jungle with thick tree canopy to create the same tight corridor and low roof effect, any new map really would be welcome.

#49 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

The next Hot map should be Jungle/Swamp with alot of trees to block Line-Of-Sight.

#50 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

Honk! Honk!

#51 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

A city map! A big ass city map with lots of buildings and hiding spots. Tight corners and lots of cover from skyscrapers. Underground metro and airport etc. Areas where lrms can't hit you and areas where lrms can. Like open areas and closed city areas.

Highways and tunnels as well, a river running down the middle i think there is a map like this called "Solaris City".

Posted Image

Edited by Nova Latios Storm, 25 June 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#52 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Herpserus II! A couple exterior areas, but a HUGE internal factory complex inside! Some "caverns" large enough for LRM flight!

#53 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

Saturday bump

#54 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

That map would be a hell for lights. Ever fought with a light in the tunnel of crimson? They can much likely just shutdown at start.

Edited by Jherek C, 28 June 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#55 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

How about some maps with special environmental features (other than hot/cold) i.e.:

Electo-magnetics fields that hinders sensors and target acquisition/lock on
Smog/weather that hinders visibility
Higher gravity that reduces the effective range of ballistics and missiles

Nothing that would make a weapon system ineffective but make the environment a factor in the pilot's playing style.

#56 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

Caverns would be way cool and very brawler friendly. +1

MW4 had some great urbanscape maps that were entire cities. They were large, brawling-friendly killing fields that really lent themselves to fast moving battles. LRMs and sniping were more difficult because of the number of buildings present. I would like to see a map like that.

Also, how about a jungle map? There isn't a lot of vertical fighting in this game. The jungle map could feature massive trees, some fallen over. Mechs could jump onto the trunks and run up them like ramps, then JJ from tree branch to tree branch. It would create an almost 3-dimensional fighting zone. Branches would limit LRM craze and brawlers would have enough cover to move in close.

Imagine have Theta, on Conquest, up in the treetops. That would make an interesting cap-fight. Skirmish would be pretty cool too, with flank attacks coming in the form of Mechs literally dropping out of the trees into your flanks. The new scalar falling damage would help balance any potential overpowerment of the JJ'ers on such a map too.

#57 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

First I want to see a Starport map, easily converted into 3 types - Temperate, Snow and Night.

#58 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

the only problem with this is that since you don't know what map you will get, you may end up in a mech that just can't fight. maybe if it had some very large rooms where LRMS could still get used, that might help but you still greatly limit people on their mech in a way they cant control.

i would be all for a extremely urban map..throw in a tunnel network that can get people around the map unseen and that would be cool as hell.

Edited by Bigbacon, 07 July 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#59 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

A cavern map would add a totally different element to Mechwarrior, so an excellent idea.

Everyone wants a metropolis map as well, and a starport map would be great to. There are tons of great ideas and topics for new maps. Lost the link to one with over 1000 votes for favourite maps though.

This jungle map coming up sounds great to.

I hope they use all the assets they are making to really expand on the number of maps in a big way and put a planet name and back ground to each of the maps and map themes as well.

New maps cannot come soon enough lol.

#60 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

Bumping for new maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users